IGNORED

Lee Westwood - World number 1

Tiger Spuds
Note: This thread is 4888 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It's funny how underrated Westwood is. Especially in the US...

I disagree. I think that Lee is neither overrated nor underrated, which is exemplified by his 2 worldwide wins that last 2 years.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree. I think that Lee is neither overrated nor underrated, which is exemplified by his 2 worldwide wins that last 2 years.

It's actually 3 wins and over a dozen other top3 finishes. Including 4 close calls in majors. And this includes being injured for a good few months this year (Did not play in the PGA championship for example)

It's actually 3 wins and over a dozen other top3 finishes. Including 4 close calls in majors. And this includes being injured for a good few months this year (Did not play in the PGA championship for example)

You are correct, 3 wins, but I still don't think that makes him underrated.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Westwood is a fantastic player, who really deserves his position as the " number one golfer on the planet".
As for not winning a major, trust me his day is coming.
I don't think tiger is going to get back to his best any time soon, plus the other players don't fear him any more.
I think kaymer will knock Westwood off the top within a couple of months.
There are a lot of players hungry for that top spot, so it should be great viewing for us mere mortals.

i agree that he is consistant but he dosent stand out to me as much as tiger woods

There's a difference between your favorite golfer, and the golfer who has played well enough to earn world #1. I liked Jack Nicklaus growing up, and was impressed by Greg Norman's game-doesn't mean they're still "number 1 in my eyes." Bottom line-Tiger will be number 1 again when he earns it, which I believe he will sometime next year.

Tiger fanboyism is weird.

Tiger fanboyism is weird.

Indeed it is, but it does make for entertaining reading sometimes.

But you yurpean types - and I do realize that Greece is not yet a major golfing power yet like Ireland, England or Italy - you recall do you not the full meaning of the word hubris ? You'd better start appeasing the *olfing *ods in whatever way works for you, or 7 years of golfing awaits and TW returns triumphant.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

Westwood is playing very good golf right now down here in South Africa. Shot a rock solid 64 today to go three shots clear in the Nedbank Challenge .

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Indeed it is, but it does make for entertaining reading sometimes.

Your a funny American , great post man.

If tiger wins this week and west wood comes tied for second tiger gets back to number one, it's looking good for the tiger apart from one thing " westy is leading in south Africa" I can see them both winning this week and westy holding his rightful place as world no1. Any way some great tv for the weekend, and since I'm snowed in, right in front of the tv I'll be .

Westwood has this week wrapped up imo. Pity he is reaching full fitness at the end of the season

He played flawless golf today , it was fantastic to watch, he has an extra bounce in his step, extra confidence, must be from wearing his number one crown.

I agree the only way he looses this one is if he breaks his arm.

Westwood has this week wrapped up imo. Pity he is reaching full fitness at the end of the season

If he wants to play the first event of the new european tour season starts next week

The top players dont start their schedule til late january in the middle east

How Els Goosen the Molinari Brothers Schwartzl Martin they all played in south africa

Note: This thread is 4888 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!