IGNORED

Big break audition

normdamarine
Note: This thread is 4836 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm pretty sure I know which one is you, assuming one of them is you.  If so, congratulations.

If you win the show, and do well in your prize tournaments, maybe you'll be the next in a line of guys who served in the Marines and later joined the PGA Tour.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The video doesn't load for me.  At least it hasn't in the 10 minutes the browser window has been open.  I'm guessing that he's the guy in the video named Norm or Norman.

Originally Posted by Tugglife2

The video doesn't load for me.  At least it hasn't in the 10 minutes the browser window has been open.  I'm guessing that he's the guy in the video named Norm or Norman.

There are several people profiled in it;  I didn't catch names for any of them in the video.  One person has an obvious military background;  he is who I think matches our friend.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Maybe you need to keep it all quiet running up to it - but give us the details when you can - it will be great to have an insiders view.

Usually on the Big Break there is a complete dick or two that you want to lose - it was hard to pick anyone from the intro! Good luck and enjoy the experience!

Driver: Nakashima 10.5 degree
3 Wood: 15 degree F2
Hybrids: 19 and 21 degree
Irons: MP-58, 4-9 iron
Wedges: Vokey sm 47.06, 53.08, 58.08Putter: studio select 2.5Ball: Pro Vx : Warren Golf Club 73.6 : 146

does anyone know when the next Big Break premieres?

In my Grom Stand bag:

Driver: Ping G20, 8.5 Tour Stiff
Wood/Hybrid: G20 3W, Raylor 19*, 22*
Irons: R9 5I - SW, TM CGB LW

Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi-Mid

Favorites: Old Ranch (Seal Beach), Ike/Babe (Industry Hills), Skylinks (Long Beach), Desert Willow (Palm Desert)

Also assuming that is you in the last profile, that is AWESOME!  Way to start the promoting off for the new season, they tell you to post that?  Congratulations and kick butt!  Once all is said and done, you'll have to tell us how the whole process went.  I'd give up a lot to go on that show.

Driver: Taylormade Burner TP (2007 model)
Fairway Wood: Callaway Steelhead III 4+
Hybrid: Sonartec MD 19
Irons: Mizuno MP 33s  4-PW
Wedges: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled wedges: 60, 56, 52Putter: Odyssey DFX 9900

Awesome!

In my bag:

Driver: FT-5, 9° stiff
Wood: Big Bertha 3W/5W
Irons: X-20 TourWedges: X Tour 52°/56°Hybrids: Idea Pro 2/3/4Putter: Black Series #2Ball: NXT Extreme/NXT Tour

Looks like a great group at first glance!  Chico Borja's kid huh?  His old man is a very well know soccer player, when the game was in its infancy in this country.  I have to pull a little for him just for that reason....

:macgregor: V Foil 8.5*    :tmade: Mid Rescue 16*  -- :wilsonstaff: RM  2 thru Wedge -- :vokey: 56/10  -- :scotty_cameron: Studio Design 2  & a  :srixon: Z Star 

Originally Posted by JetFan1983

Wow. That's amazing that you made it. Congratulations. I really hope you win. I'll definitely be tuning in this season

Originally Posted by Shindig

I'm pretty sure I know which one is you, assuming one of them is you.  If so, congratulations.

If you win the show, and do well in your prize tournaments, maybe you'll be the next in a line of guys who served in the Marines and later joined the PGA Tour.

Originally Posted by OCdude12

Also assuming that is you in the last profile, that is AWESOME!  Way to start the promoting off for the new season, they tell you to post that?  Congratulations and kick butt!  Once all is said and done, you'll have to tell us how the whole process went.  I'd give up a lot to go on that show.

Cool, I really hope that last guy is you! It looks like they looked for some true "big break" guys this time rather then a bunch of mini tour players who are already knocking on the door

Driver R7 Superquad NV 55 shaft or Bridgestone J33 460 NV 75 shaft
3 and 5 Wood X
Hybrid original Fli Hi 21* or FT 22*
Irons AP2
Wedges Vokey 52* - 8 , 56* 14, 60*-7Putter California CoranodoBall TP RedGPS NeoRange Finder- Bushnell Tour V2 When Chuck Norris puts spin on the ball, the ball does not...

• Administrator

Did I miss something? Did the guy ever explicitly say he'd made it? I know he can't give out details, but he CAN say he's made it or not, and either I missed the post or he hinted at making it only... A little help here?

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by iacas

Did I miss something? Did the guy ever explicitly say he'd made it? I know he can't give out details, but he CAN say he's made it or not, and either I missed the post or he hinted at making it only... A little help here?

Nothing missed, just a lot of assumption.  I think with the last guy in the video and that fact that the OP's name is Normdamarine, people think that's him.

|Callaway I-MIX FT-9  - Driver | Callaway Diablo Octane - 3 Wood | Callaway Diablo Edge Tour [3H & 4H] - Hybrids | Callaway X-forged 2009 - Irons | Callaway JAWS [52, 56, 60] - Wedges | SC Studio Style Newport 2 / Laguna 1.5 / Kombi-S - Putter |

Originally Posted by Quinn07

Quote:

Originally Posted by iacas

Nothing missed, just a lot of assumption.  I think with the last guy in the video and that fact that the OP's name is Normdamarine, people think that's him.

+1.

Constantine

Think he could get me Carling Coffing's #?

:macgregor: V Foil 8.5*    :tmade: Mid Rescue 16*  -- :wilsonstaff: RM  2 thru Wedge -- :vokey: 56/10  -- :scotty_cameron: Studio Design 2  & a  :srixon: Z Star 

Congrats!  It will be interesting watching knowing one of the members of this board is on the show.  Looks like you will have a lot of fans from the beginning, including me.  Best of luck!

In my bag:

Driver: FT-5, 9° stiff
Wood: Big Bertha 3W/5W
Irons: X-20 TourWedges: X Tour 52°/56°Hybrids: Idea Pro 2/3/4Putter: Black Series #2Ball: NXT Extreme/NXT Tour

Note: This thread is 4836 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!