IGNORED

HSBC Champions - WGC

Kazuhiro
Note: This thread is 4902 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

This is shocking somehow? The US based players aren't used to the travel schedules the Euros have to put up with.

how because the golfing area in europe is probably smaller than america by miles

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way, what kind of putter is Molinari using? It looks like Rossa ghost, and says Rossa on the putter, but it is center shafted and has a funny looking insert. A prototype maybe?

I have been wondering the same thing. I'm guessing it's a prototype or custom made because I have searched the web and have not seen one like it anywhere.

Mark Boyd of the Clan Boyd
"Retired in my Dreams"

Congrats to FMol.

And Tiger's final round 68 gave me just the amount of interest in him needed to watch that Thailand thing tonight.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

how because the golfing area in europe is probably smaller than america by miles

The Euorpean Tour has events all over the world. Also every event seems to be in a different country or something. Many of those countries feature very tiny beds and one small portioned, terrible tasting, unrecognizable meal after another. That might just be me extrapolating comments heard during every British Open to the rest of the tour. I'm sure it's wonderful.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Lee Westwood did a great job backing up his world number one ranking.

Yeah, finished second which seems to be the theme to become #1 now days. ;) OK.........I'm just half kidding. He is very consistent. I'm just one of those that feel like you need a major win on the resume in order to be number one.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

The Euorpean Tour has events all over the world. Also every event seems to be in a different country or something. Many of those countries feature very tiny beds and one small portioned, terrible tasting, unrecognizable meal after another. That might just be me extrapolating comments heard during every British Open to the rest of the tour. I'm sure it's wonderful.

At some point the "delicate flower" argument starts to get old. I'm not entirely convinced that First Class to Shanghai on Cathay Pacific and a week's stay at the Four Seasons constitutes a fifteen-shots-back level of hardship.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

You are right, the only reason the american players didn't play well was because they played in China. The european players making the same time zone change or even those living in USA are born with the ability to play well in China.

It was nice to see Molinari win it in the end, he played very good golf through the week, leading it wire to wire. Lee did give him a good run, making some crucial putts to hang in at the end. But Molinari didn't give away anything today, very solid performance.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

This American idea of single beds and terrible food throughout Europe is complete and utter crap. As well as being a pathetic excuse that no decent professional would make.

----------------------------------
909D3 10.5 Matrix Code 6
909F2 15.5 and 18.5 Whiteboard
585H Ozik Altus
MP68 4-P, KBS ZTP 52. 56, 60 KBS DASS Luke DonaldHome club: http://www.bearwoodlakes.co.uk/hm/hm.aspx

This American idea of single beds and terrible food throughout Europe is complete and utter crap. As well as being a pathetic excuse that no decent professional would make.

Appears to be a Canadian idea as well.

Appears to be a Canadian idea as well.

I was loosely paraphrasing a multiple winner of The Open Championship.

And yes, North America, and most notably Canada, is widely regarded as home of the worlds comfiest beds.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Apparently some of the hotels in those countries or whatever they are don't even have a McDonald's in the lobby. I really feel for the poor suffering U.S. Players because they probably had to sleep in a normal bed rather than an imperial king deluxe. Imagine the poor European players having to suffer with Italian, Spanish and French food week after week and having to stay in cities where there is actually something to see and do when they're not playing golf.

There's no need to make ridiculous excuses for any players, especially those relating to time zones. They played poorly, as did some of the European players. It happens every week. The U.S. has 8 players in the world top 20 and they weren't all playing. I don't see why people assume that if an American doesn't win there is some kind of "issue" to blame. Beds and food and time zones? Give me a break! Didn't Ben Crane win in Malaysia last week? He must have found somewhere to eat and sleep. At least this week we were spared his Christian rantings.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Don't worry about it, such views are generally associated with the less well travelled of our citizenry - and those who haven't learned how to travel well if and when they do cross a border somewhere. These people exist in all countries.

As you say, a well-travelled professional golfer should know better - or fire his manager. I'm a yank who lived in Yurp for 3 decades (incl. in your neck of the woods btw (Taplow, near Maidenhead) and of course it's utter cr*p. I will say though that the food in England/Scotland/Ireland, from the point of view of the tourist, has improved noticeably in the last 20 years say, on the average. Better food in pubs, better choice of restaurants esp. in the provinces. If you know what you're doing you can eat well, and sleep well, in any country in Europe - and any state in the U.S. Silly to suppose otherwise IMO. It's like saying you can't drink a decent pint of beer here in the U.S. (which many brits probably still believe). Come over and discover the truth! :) Don't bother with them - they don't know any better poor souls. No comfy hotel beds in England or Germany or France of Switzerland or Spain or ....? - very droll.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

I've travelled extensively through Europe and unfortunately the food part is true, especially in the UK. Germany has some good bratwurst and great beer but that's about it.

All I can say is that you need to learn where to eat better when you cross the pond. But I do recommend that whilst in the U.K. you NOT hazard a hamburger unless you know for sure they know what they're doing. You may not recognize what you've just been served ... :)

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

Pretty much this. I love when there is a major event abroad and we see responses like this. Americans are used to traveling through 4 time zones max.

Americans (and Canadians) love to travel but compared to the Germans, Austrians, Italians, Brits, Swedes, etc, we're amateurs.

RE: the golf. Westwood may have kicked ass this weekend but an Italian beat him to the finish line. A stronger international field is a good thing for golf.

Note: This thread is 4902 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!