IGNORED

HSBC Champions - WGC

Kazuhiro
Note: This thread is 4880 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

"... good bratwurst and great beer...."

So, a sausage and beer fan is providing us with an all-points assessment of European cuisine?

Hmmmm.... I shall have to think about this over a nice glass of Claret, which I shall enjoy with some Aberdeen Angus steak (just on the medium side of rare), possibly provided by a Michelin-starred Polish chef, if I don't feel like doing it myself. Should I have my French Onion Soup before going or at the restaurant? And for dessert: should I rustle up my own profiteroles, cranachan or maybe even apple crumble with creme anglais - it being a bit chilly today - or just take pot luck with whatever is available? With coffee, I am torn as to what to wash it down with - Tia Maria or Sambucca. Or maybe just brandy. Or maybe I should just, forget it and have game bangers and mash (that's venison sausages and mashed potatoes, for interest). Decisions, decisions.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, a sausage and beer fan is providing us with an all-points assessment of European cuisine?

Nah - forget all that rubbish...why don't you have a classic Masters Champions dinner instead? Cheeseburgers, chicken sandwiches, french fries, milkshakes...mmmmm, yummy!!!!

TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°
TaylorMade RAC TP MB 3-PW
TaylorMade RAC TP 54°.10 / 58°.10
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

Nice, but I am shocked, shocked that you failed to mention a nice chunk of well-aged Cheddar cheese (the real thing, not some pseudo rubbish) washed down with 25-yr old port, from Portugal of course and decanted through muslin. Well, you can't cover everything in one little post I suppose. ;)

I see you're from Bristol - that's why I'm shocked [I was schooled locally myself]. I love threads like this ....... p.s. we get some decent cheeses over here but nothing competes with what I can choose from at breakfast in many hotels in Yurp. Nothing like a good cheese to get you on plane. If the yanks had had some really good cheeses at breakfast recently the Ryder might have gone the other way ...... But is it still true that if you want a really excellent hamburger in London you gotta go to Earl's Court? (I can vouch for the accuracy of this in the 70's).

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

Would this not be more fit for a travel/food forum? A few people did play golf last night.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Then why not post something more related to the event? OK, I will then - because I agree about the gastronomic creep.

I thought that Westwood made a decent effort on the 18th. Like the commentator said, a couple feet shorter with his approach and the ball would have scooted down the slope much nearer the hole. You could see his disappointed reaction - the shot must have felt pretty darned good to him.

But what an unfortunate pitch (LW or open SW?) from behind the bunker earlier (forget which hole) - a very difficult lie (hardish) it seemed, needed to be perfectly struck - no room for too-early ground contact. I thought that the new #1 acquitted himself very well; he won't be easy to displace, not even by you-know-who.

4-hybrid:

Then why not post something more related to the event? OK, I will then - because I agree about the gastronomic creep.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/spor...man-skins-game

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Good evening, it is likely that Lee Westwood will be replaced by Tiger woods this week Tiger is playing int Australia and there are sufficient world rankinbg points for Tiger to regain the number 1 position should he win. Hopefully this will help.

As for cuisine, many Europeans find the food served in the States to be of an extremely poor, unhealthy standard, indeed many European players take their own chefs to events such as the 3 majors in the states and the world championship events, TPC Sawgrass, etc, well just about every event they play in.

Nice, but I am shocked, shocked that you failed to mention a nice chunk of well-aged Cheddar cheese (the real thing, not some pseudo rubbish) washed down with 25-yr old port, from Portugal of course and decanted through muslin.

Has to be Stilton - with Port soaked into it. Anything else is sacrilege!

But is it still true that if you want a really excellent hamburger in London you gotta go to Earl's Court? (I can vouch for the accuracy of this in the 70's).

Decent hamburger restaurants are pretty easy to find (no, we are not talking McD's, Burger King or even Wendy's - decent hamburger restaurants). Not just in London but all over - my local pub/restaurant serves a very tasty burger indeed.

Times they really are a-changin' ....

Actually I'm not at all surprised. And you'd think an american pro golfer's manager could figure out where these true-burger places are, if his guy can't handle bubble n' squeak or toad-in-the-'ole.

4-hybrid:

Not for me to say, born north of Mason-Dixon as I was. But it's tasty as anything. Come over and try, the $ is cheap these days.

4-hybrid:

Not for me to say, born north of Mason-Dixon as I was. But it's tasty as anything. Come over and try, the $ is cheap these days.

Not cheap enough, yet!

But I do have a sexy English accent and can be as bumblingly self-effacing as Hugh Grant (while avoiding LA cottaging spots) so do ya think I could get some buckshee stuff?

Not cheap enough, yet!

If that means could you get a wedgie and a boot out the door - you betcha.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

If that means could you get a wedgie and a boot out the door - you betcha.

Hah! I shall keep my wit, charm and undoubted good looks to myself, then!

(sniff!)

Hah! I shall keep my wit, charm and undoubted good looks to myself, then!

I almost got beat up in Casper, Wyoming because of my accent. Not sure how they do things in the deeper South.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I almost got beat up in Casper, Wyoming because of my accent. Not sure how they do things in the deeper South.

Your

accent???? Blimey - but you're from just down the road, right? (As for deeper South, I recall a Top Gear episode that illistrated very clearly that one should not decorate one's pick-up truck with any reference whatsoever to same-sex relationships while travelling through Dixieland. Otherwise, I can't comment. But I did see Deliverance)

Note: This thread is 4880 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!