IGNORED

"The Comics" Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 1921 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Peek- a-Boo!

http://www.golfchannel.com/media/swingfix-peek-boo-turn-drill/

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Peek- a-Boo!

Okay, I'm going to ask, "How does this teach you to turn?"

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Peek- a-Boo!

I saw her do that one live on the GC, and all I could think about was WTF.

Nate

:pxg:(10.5) :benhogan:(4W):titleist:U500(3UI) :benhogan: Icon(4-PW) :edel:(52/58)

:odyssey:Putter :snell: MTB Black  

• 3 months later...

Wrong on so many levels but the 5lb dumbbell is the icing on the cake.

Mike McLoughlin

Wrong on so many levels but the 5lb dumbbell is the icing on the cake.

Maybe he is slicing the fitness ball.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

• 4 weeks later...

You have got to be kidding me... :doh:

And Speith was #2 in putting last year. The only way I can see this as possible is that I guess Speith has trained himself to over read every break by a larger enough margin to fool himself into thinking that this actually would work. Crazy stuff...

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

That is really amazing.

See the blue line as the actual path of the putt, but then take a short cut (different path/start line) to get there???

It actually looks really dumb in that picture.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

• Administrator

This one is fairly comical on a few levels…

• Upvote 1

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I think I get what Plummer is saying, but it's coated in such specialized/complex terms, I was losing interest. But basically I think what I got from the doctor, who is clearer, is saying if you tilt, you automatically rotate.

So instead of the complex language, why doesn't Plummer say, we meant weight left, but not that left, you all are overdoing it?

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• Administrator

But basically I think what I got from the doctor, who is clearer, is saying if you tilt, you automatically rotate.

That's what he's saying, yes…

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

You have got to be kidding me...

And Speith was #2 in putting last year. The only way I can see this as possible is that I guess Speith has trained himself to over read every break by a larger enough margin to fool himself into thinking that this actually would work. Crazy stuff...

Isn't there a kinda common sense when looking at that picture. If the path is blue, then how does aiming with the black line get you on the blue path.

It was actually interesting till they went into the defense sales pitch for S&T; :doh:

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

You have got to be kidding me...

That is really amazing.

See the blue line as the actual path of the putt, but then take a short cut (different path/start line) to get there???

It actually looks really dumb in that picture.

Yeah, that's whats amazing about it.  At least the older versions of this (I remember a Butch Harmon one that is probably in this thread) mistakenly assume that the ball rolls straight for a bit first.  Their concept, though incorrect, is at least consistent.  Here, he's actually showing you exactly where you should aim and then telling you to aim somewhere else. :doh:

Yeah, that's whats amazing about it.  At least the older versions of this (I remember a Butch Harmon one that is probably in this thread) mistakenly assume that the ball rolls straight for a bit first.  Their concept, though incorrect, is at least consistent.  Here, he's actually showing you exactly where you should aim and then telling you to aim somewhere else.

The root problem being the flawed premise: that there is a point (other than the initial position of the ball) at which the ball STARTS to curve towards the hole.  It is the old rolls straight for a while theory which, as you point out, just isn't so.  It reminded me of a little ditty from my AP Physics days:

And hence no force, however great

Can draw a cord, however fine

Into a horizontal line

Which shall be absolutely straight.

IOW, No matter how hard you hit a putt on a sloped surface it will immediately curve.

But then again, what the hell do I know?

Rich - in name only

• 4 weeks later...

Seriously?

Mark Lamport-Stokes looks at the issues for Woods and talks to folks like Dr. Joe Parent, who doesn't see flinches and therefore won't call this the yips. But he does offer this very vivid picture of what any longtime Tiger admirer sees missing from the pre-shot routine.

Parent, a PGA Tour instructor who is author of the book "Zen Putting: Mastering the Mental Game on the Greens", felt Woods' biggest problem with his chipping was an inability to picture his desired shot.

"He was a master of the short game," said Parent. "He would make these practice swings with such freedom and you could tell all he was doing was tuning his system into the picture he had in mind. And then he walked up and just produced that picture.

"I'm not even sure he knows what picture he's got in mind now."

Mike McLoughlin

Note: This thread is 1921 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!