IGNORED

"The Comics" Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 1895 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Redditor posted this from some local paper. Keep your head down. SFA. Expletive Expletive Advice.

image.jpeg

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 3 weeks later...

We've seen this picture before.

gWbPEGI.jpg

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

• 4 weeks later...

IMG_0578.thumb.PNG.195798312d737d4d686dafce69efc8e8.PNG

Don't you hate it when you get too close to the green? :doh:

• Upvote 1

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

• 1 month later...

This:

etour.png

:doh:

• Like 1

Currently focusing on: Key 4 - shorter backswing.

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

• Administrator
17 minutes ago, b101 said:

This:

etour.png

:doh:

Really, yeah.

Jordan is also only T38 in SG Putting. With a whopping 0.374 SG/round.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

And another... How this makes any difference is beyond me and I'm pretty sure it would steepen the AoA...

IMG_0593.JPG

What's in the bag: Callaway X2 Hot Driver, Titleist 915F 3 wood, X2 Hot 3 Hybrid, 3, 5-AW Apex Pro irons, 54*, 58* Cleveland RTX, Odyssey Versa 1 Putter

• Administrator
29 minutes ago, b101 said:

And another... How this makes any difference is beyond me and I'm pretty sure it would steepen the AoA...

IMG_0593.JPG

How does standing closer to the ball shallow the AoA? If anything it would do the opposite. 

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

3 minutes ago, iacas said:

How does standing closer to the ball shallow the AoA? If anything it would do the opposite. 

If only my sister knew that her Christmas present of a magazine subscription would just end up with me ridiculing it :-P

• Administrator
4 hours ago, b101 said:

If only my sister knew that her Christmas present of a magazine subscription would just end up with me ridiculing it :-P

It does provide entertainment, though… no?

11 minutes ago, iacas said:

It does provide entertainment, though… no?

Some - I like the travel and interview sections, but the equipment reviews and instruction parts are poor at best. The odd stuff on rules is useful, too. 

I could post five pictures of nonsense instruction for every month's release, though. I guess the positive is that I clearly understand the golf swing a lot better than I used to - this place is definitely the reason! 

I'm not sure if this belongs here, I'll plead ignorance if it doesn't but this doesn't sound right. Can you guess AoA from divot, ball flight, and sound?

Steve

• 1 month later...

Heard an announcer say today during the Safeway Open, as Brendan Steele was getting ready to putt:

I will tell you, if this ball does go in the hole, it will be in the last few rolls, in my opinion here.

Kind of like "why are my car keys always in the last place I look?" :-D

• Like 1

Craig
What's in the :ogio: Silencer bag (on the :clicgear: cart)
Driver: :callaway: Razr Fit 10.5°  
5 Wood: :tmade: Burner  
Hybrid: :cobra: Baffler DWS 20°
Irons: :ping: G400 
Wedge: :ping: Glide 2.0 54° ES grind 
Putter: :heavyputter:  midweight CX2
:aimpoint:,  :bushnell: Tour V4

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

A new one in video/horrible advertising form. I know a man who will love this swing tip sending golfers to the range with great advice (@iacas)

• 5 months later...

:-D

Someone please tell David Duval it's okay to swing your arms in the golf swing. The only person this advice would probably help is Jim Furyk.

Constantine

And he talked about being "above" the plane when the DTL slo-mo clearly showed that he was beneath it. He did try to rescue the thought when he talked about it being a "feel" and how you need to keep your body moving. Feel ain't real!  

he basically had his entire upper and lower body open at impact when he broke it down near the end. 

3-pw 2007 callaway x-forged
56 cleveland
60 cleveland 
Driver - Callaway xr16
3w - Callaway xr16
Shoes - Etonic stabilite sport

Note: This thread is 1895 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!