IGNORED

Rory McIlroy Topic (Was "Overrated")

senorchipotle

1 hour ago, GolfLug said:

Rory seems to be the most unaffected and personable of superstars. A bright and thoughtful fellow.  Hard to not get behind him. Terribly exciting when firing on all cylinders.

A very popular victory indeed.

Agreed.  At the BMW last year I noticed how he looked around alot, made eye contact and seemed to enjoy the atmosphere.  Most of the players were in their cocoon.  

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, The Recreational Golfer said:

In my book, Rory's A game beats everybody else's A game.

I would like to see him versus Keopka head to head when both their games are on point. 

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

22 hours ago, The Recreational Golfer said:

In my book, Rory's A game beats everybody else's A game.

Hard to say being how good players are these days. Rory’s A game in ball striking is certainly one of if not the best, but his putting isn’t. Rory needs to bring his A game more often or improve to where he can win with his B game.

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

22 hours ago, Vinsk said:

Hard to say being how good players are these days. Rory’s A game in ball striking is certainly one of if not the best, but his putting isn’t. Rory needs to bring his A game more often or improve to where he can win with his B game.

He was top 20 in all categories in putting this year. I think we assume he is not good because the announcers state it without looking at the stats.

Rory has been a pretty good putter over the years. He reads and putts quickly using what I assume is the Dave Stockton method of no practice swings (not sure if he did that this year as I didn't pay attention). I use this too. Read the putt and wait your turn. When it's time, go line up and putt.

headshots_28237.png

The official PGA TOUR profile of Rory McIlroy. PGA TOUR stats, video, photos, results, and career highlights.

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

9 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

He was top 20 in all categories in putting this year

Yes. And that’s not ‘one of the best’ and certainly not ‘better than anyone.’ And this was a good year thus the top 20 in putting stats certainly aided this. 

:ping: G25 Driver Stiff :ping: G20 3W, 5W :ping: S55 4-W (aerotech steel fiber 110g shafts) :ping: Tour Wedges 50*, 54*, 58* :nike: Method Putter Floating clubs: :edel: 54* trapper wedge

On 11/5/2010 at 9:58 PM, senorchipotle said:

By no means am I saying that he isn't good, cause he's great. He's just not that great. I think Rory will be the next Lee Westwood, albeit with a prettier swing. I know a lot of you think/wish/hope he'll be the second coming, but I'm not buying that product. He hasn't shown me that fire you need to be a multiple major winner. I say he finishes his career with 2, maybe 3 majors and 10-15 tournament wins. I reckon he'll be a hall of famer, but never classed with the likes of tiger, jack, palmer, player, etc. thoughts...?

Hard to say, he’s still pretty young and strong.

To be honest, the field is a lot deeper than when Tiger, Jack and Palmer were greats, and it’s going to be difficult for anyone to be like them nowadays.

So, you might be right about the wins, but not for the right reasons.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

26 minutes ago, Lihu said:

So, you might be right about the wins,

This is 9 years old...and he’s already wrong.

4 hours ago, Vinsk said:

This is 9 years old...and he’s already wrong.

Oops... :-D

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Well....he got POY. Deserving I feel.

• Administrator
23 minutes ago, ChrisP said:

Calling it now...Koepka wins all four majors next year. 

Surprised. Koepka won a major and WGC and finished top-5 in all the majors.

Rory won zero majors. Hell, he didn’t even contend in a major.

Both had three wins. Rory was more consistent. And some (most?) of the PGA Tour players don’t like Brooks.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

2 hours ago, ChrisP said:

Calling it now...Koepka wins all four majors next year. 

How much?😏

12 minutes ago, ChrisP said:

Major wins + performance > Consistency 

That’s just my opinion.

That’s not all that’s figured into POY though.

7 hours ago, Vinsk said:

That’s not all that’s figured into POY though.

Obviously height is not a factor. :-P 

• Thumbs Up 1

Scott

Titleist, Edel, Scotty Cameron Putter, Snell - AimPoint - Evolvr - MirrorVision

My Swing Thread

boogielicious - Adjective describing the perfect surf wave

35 minutes ago, boogielicious said:

Obviously height is not a factor. :-P 

Lol....yeah Koepka and Rory would be like the abominable snowman with Daffy Duck.

• Administrator
8 hours ago, ChrisP said:

Major wins + performance > Consistency 

That’s just my opinion.

Clearly your opinion doesn't match that of the PGA Tour members who voted.

Rory won the FedExCup, too, which I'm sure they value.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets