IGNORED

Most hated, golfers you dislike..

Clubswinger21
Note: This thread is 4613 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. Paul Casey

I get Paul Casey. He put his foot in his mouth 'bout us Yanks before, so I'm not a fan. But why the Davis Love hate? He seems pretty decent. (What did I miss?)

"Hit 'em hard - they'll land somewhere." - Stewart Maiden

In the Bag:

Driver: R480, 10.5*, Graphite5 Wood: R540 XD, 17.5*, GraphiteIrons: Big Bertha 4-10 + GW, SSWedge: 56*, Chrome, SSPutter: White HotBall: HX Hot

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what about Colin Montogmerie....he's the prick of all pricks....way beyond not signing autographs or boasting his own abilities....he's gone as far as to throw tees at teenage kids who PAID to watch him play.....by the way he made birdie on the hole that the kid RUINED for him...

lol, now thats hate.. honestly i feel sorry for the guy i just want to see him win a tourney here, or a major.. because lord knows he diserves. think he's very appreciative of the fans when they're cheering for him but when you have people yelling in your backswing and booing its hard to keep a cool head.

and Thrash, I completely agree John Daly has wasted his career.. and at some point has made the pga tour look bad.. but the talent is undeniable. I would say John would be a top ten player if he didnt care so much about living life and trying to be a normal person.. relying on natural ability rather than practicing 10 hours a day. I respect him for what he's gone through and I respect him for showing his true potential against Tiger at the WGC 2005, thats more than i can say for the rest of the pga tour. Sure he's a screw up but he's a personality, thats what makes a tournament watchable.. if a tourney had 140 Stewart Cinks, the pga tour would be a disgrace. More people like him than hate him.

: 905R 9.5*
904f 15*
Baffler DWS 20*
eye 2
spin milled 54*, Vokey 58* White Hot XG #9 Pro V1x

Tiger Woods because he is so damn good and Shooter McGavin oh I hate that bastard

driver Titleist 905R
3w Titleist 904F
5w Srixon awd 19
irons 3-pw titleist 962
wedges cleveland 485 56 Accuform gap 52putter scotty cameron platinum Luguna 2

Tiger Woods because he is so damn good and Shooter McGavin oh I hate that bastard

"I eat pieces of &%$! like you for breakfast!"

Jeff

10.5° Callaway FT-iZ Tour

18°, 20°, 23° Adams Idea Pro Prototype Hybrid

4-9 Titleist 690.CB
48° Titleist Vokey Tour Nickel
54°, 58° Titleist Vokey Tour Oil Can

Scotty Cameron NP2, 33"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Tom Lehman..........I think your being a little unfair. The way he handled defeat at this years Ryder Cup was exceptional. Even though the defeat must have been hard on him personally, he acted graciously and behaved like a true sportsman. Tom behaved like a true gentleman and set an example that very many atheletes could learn from.

Taylormade r7 460
Callaway X 3 Wood
Callaway X 5 Wood
Callaway X 7 Wood
Callaway X Hybrid (24*)TaylorMade r7 Irons (5-PW)Mizuno MP-R Series Wedges (52,58 degrees)Ping G2 Anser Putter

In no particular order:

Phil Mickelson, Ken Green, Hale Irwin, Mac O'Grady, Colin Montgomerie.

I've also heard that Ray Floyd isn't very nice.

- KH

What's in the bag:
Driver - TPS 320 12 degree (graphite)
3w - TPS (steel)
4w - Citation (steel)
Irons - 3-PW, TPS - The oversize prism backed with Sims shock relief inserts in shafts - (steel) I'll occasionally substitue my TPS 1 iron for the 3 iron.SW 56 - Staff BeCu (steel)SW 60 - TPS...

..........And Seve.

How did I forget Seve?

What's in the bag:
Driver - TPS 320 12 degree (graphite)
3w - TPS (steel)
4w - Citation (steel)
Irons - 3-PW, TPS - The oversize prism backed with Sims shock relief inserts in shafts - (steel) I'll occasionally substitue my TPS 1 iron for the 3 iron.SW 56 - Staff BeCu (steel)SW 60 - TPS...

Adam Sandler in Happy Gilmore... hehehe

Yeah 400 Yards drive and you can win it all.... forget about par 3s and par 5s ?
Whats in my Golf Bag:
Driver: Nike Sumo 5000
5 Wood: Mizuno MP-001
Iron: Mizuno MX-950 5-PW
Wedge: Cobra FP 60 degrePutter: Odyssey 2-BallBall: Yellow balls

what about tom kite....

once while playing alongside lee trevino, lee ends up in a bunker up under the lip with a plugged lie.....he looks over to tom kite and says " can you believe this s.hit???"

Tom said nothing to lee just to tournament and usga officials and had him fined for swearing....

what a little @#$#!.....and man is he FUGLY....those lips looks like jabba the hut.....

I don't dislike any of them! I admire them for conquering this game to some extent. Sure, they have different personalities and quirks but they are to be looked up to for the work ethic they have and the ability they display week in and week out. I do dislike fits of anger and cursing on TV but thats just me!

Golf is not a game, it's a way of life!

Driver...Cubic Balance offset
Fairway wood......Flying Saucer
3-Wood....Cleveland LauncherIrons.......Callaway Great Big Bertha w/graphite shaftswedges....Cleveland sand wedge, Callaway Lob wedge putter....Claveland VAS.

Yeah, JD rules as does Duval

ive always thought that Scott Hoch was a complete turnip

Phil is a nice enough player but very selfish though for not really competing after the USPGA..he couldn't have cared less about the Ryder Cup judging by his demeanour and play..good on Callaway for docking some of his endorsement pay i say

doesn't Phil understand that the reason why he gets such juicy deals is that it is all down to tv coverage..if he isn't on the box then people don't get to see the Callaway brand being used !!!!

BB69

Yeah, JD rules as does Duval

Scott Hoch donated his entire winnings check when he won at Las Vegas to the hospital that saved his sons life. I had the good fortune to meet him at the former Kemper Open. He is a stand up guy. He may come off as prickly on TV but he is a very genuine and good guy.

Bob

• 2 weeks later...
Sabbatini is #1 on my short list. What, is he playing basketball after the round of golf? Who wears sweat bands on a golf course?
And I like Phil but he always looks like he just farted and can't wait for you to smell it.
T-Bone Marshall
Home Course: www.waldenponds.com (74.1/134) 7001 yds
in my bag
Driver: Big Ben cs3 10.5 Stiff/Draw set up
Fairway: Hogan Edge 3,5 metal:Irons: Hogan Radial-Apex shaftWedge: Hogan "Tom Kite" 56* Radial "E" wedgePutter: Affinity vr7 "V-Rod" pro-v1x ball2 markers, Disney divot tool,...

And I like Phil but he always looks like he just farted and can't wait for you to smell it.

LMAO! oh gosh I thought the same thing! Sneaky rascal. My wife doesn't like Phil because he sounds like an opthamolo ... and optomi .... he sounds like an eye doctor explaining a complicated surgical procedure or something. I like him alright but Elvis has been seen more than him since the Ryder Cup. Geez, talk about spoiled atheletes. I don't dislike any of them that I can think of, but I get very frustrated with the extremely slow ones. They look at a putt six ways from Sunday and still miss it the same six inches you or I would if we stepped up and popped it. I have a vision of maintenance crews coming out and running the string trimmer around Ben Crane's feet while he's finally addressing the ball.

Interesting thread

Someone told me on the weekend that Travino is a total dick, off camera.

Is this true? I know if might be hard to answer, but do you (the guy who knows him) see things in his personality that could maybe come off the wrong way?

I dont really "hate" anyone since I dont know any of them personally, but following up on the Quigley comment, i have a story about when I was a kid with Chi Chi and Palmer.

During a practise rounds at the Canadian Open (I used to go every year in the early 80s), I asked Chi Chi for his ball after the round at the 18th hole.

In the rudest voice he said "Its promised!" and stormed off (apparently after a bad round).

Ive never forgotten that and, given that he does all his work for kids, it rings even louder ahha.

Palmer on the other hand was so gracious. In between holes, I asked him if i could take his picture. So he stopped and smiled, while I got the shot into "focus" (now imagine a 10 year old kid taking waaaaay too long)

Still smiling, he said between his teeth "click it kid!" and then laughed after i got the perfect shot

haha, my dad still laughs about it til this day...seemed like a cool guy for sure.

bridgestone j33r 460 V2 75 Stiff
HiBore Fairway 15 V2 75 Stiff
hybrid HiBore19 S300
bridgestone j33b 3-PW S300
Vokey 52 GP Vokey 58 LWyes sophia Putter 33Titleist v1x - bridgestone B330Home Course: Bethpage

I met Trevino once for at a fundraiser in Santa Barabara California. He was courteous but clearly only there because of a sponsor obligation. He came across as a very shy private man. I suspect the on course personality is not his usual self. Much like a comedian who is shy off stage he becomes a different person on the course (his stage). I do think we should remember that these golfers meet so many people for whom it is a memorable event. Who hasn't been a little short with a cashier, clerk, etc. sometime. No one notices. If you are a celebrity everyone notices, and then passes the story on.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

yeah but we dont pay to go get entertained by the clerk, therefore contributing to their paycheck.

Not to give someone a hard time for simply having a "bad day" but these guys have to remember their pretty blessed to be able to make a living like this and that they have to be true professionals at all times, atleast while at a tour event.

if your doctor was a total jerk to you one day in his office, im sure we'd tell our friends too.

bridgestone j33r 460 V2 75 Stiff
HiBore Fairway 15 V2 75 Stiff
hybrid HiBore19 S300
bridgestone j33b 3-PW S300
Vokey 52 GP Vokey 58 LWyes sophia Putter 33Titleist v1x - bridgestone B330Home Course: Bethpage

Note: This thread is 4613 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!