IGNORED

Most hated, golfers you dislike..

Clubswinger21
Note: This thread is 4638 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

OK...
#1 Paul Casey....Douchebag times 10

#2 Phil Mickelson....Entitled Fatso

#3 Any European player that "...should have won a major by now..."

BLADERUNNER808
HiBore 10.5 Grafalloy ProLaunch Blue R 45.75
Hibore 18 5-wood
Hibore 21 3-hybrid
NDS irons 4-PW CG11 wedges 50, 54, 58 NeverCompromise Voodoo BlackMax

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't hate any of them, but I do tend to root for Sergio to melt down on Sunday just because it makes good theater.... Now that I think about it I do kind-of hate one guy... Pat Perez. He is a hot-head and seems like a real jerk. He made a very bad impression when he first came on the tour, throwing fits and whining. He really made an ass of himself and disgraced the game with his behavior at Pebble Beach a few years ago. I always love to see his name at the bottom of the board.

Lots of players are boring to watch and bring no real drama to the game, but what's all this talk about accents? Who the hell listens to those interviews?

After watching John Daly on his Daly planet show I have come to disrespect him more and more. His family is a mess. He's a physical mess. Pride in being out of shape, not practicing, drinking excessively, smoking excessively, gambling excessively, dressing like a pig, it just doesn't do the game justice. Sorry big guy, but I find you annoying and not sympathetic at all.

I agree with your post about John Daly. I want to like the guy but he's everything you don't want a golfer to be. A wasted talent. He braggs on the show about not practicing but all that earned him was about 190,000 on tour this year. If not for the show and money from his sponsor he' be broke.

T-Bone Marshall
Home Course: www.waldenponds.com (74.1/134) 7001 yds
in my bag
Driver: Big Ben cs3 10.5 Stiff/Draw set up
Fairway: Hogan Edge 3,5 metal:Irons: Hogan Radial-Apex shaftWedge: Hogan "Tom Kite" 56* Radial "E" wedgePutter: Affinity vr7 "V-Rod" pro-v1x ball2 markers, Disney divot tool,...

FRED FUNK!!! I walked with this guy during a PGA Tour tournament as a standard bearer and he is the biggest Douchebag on tour!
In My Bag
--------------
Titleist D2 9.5* w/t ProForce V2 Stiff
Titleist PT 906f2 15* w/t ProForce V2 Stiff
Titleist PT 585 Hybrid 21* w/t ProForce V2 Stiff Callaway X-Tour 4-PW w/t DGS-300 Callaway X-Tour Vintage Gap Wedge 54* CallawayX-Tour Vintage MD Sand Wedge 58*Scotty Cameron Mil Spec 34/340/S C....

FRED FUNK!!! I walked with this guy during a PGA Tour tournament as a standard bearer and he is the biggest Douchebag on tour!

Really? I always heard good things about Fred Funk. If he's a douche, I blame his connection with U of Maryland. Fear the Turtle my tush.

In the bag:
Driver: Taylor Made 10.5* R7 460
3 Wood: Taylor Made RD580
Hybrid: Taylor Made Dual Rescue 2
Irons: Cleveland VAS+ 4-PWWedges: Cleveland RT 588 56, 60 and 64 degree gunmetal finishPutter: Ping Doc 17Ball: Titleist NXT/NXT Tour

1. Scott Hoch - only seems to want to play in the warm sunshine of the USA with no wind and at courses where he can throw darts. Respect for him = <0

2. Ben Crane - Hit the ball - find it - hit it again..!!!! What's so hard about that?

3. Phil the Mick - I really wanted him to win that first major, and watched the final round with my wife, but now he just seems like a smarmy rich kid.

It's funny how people's opinion differs, I suppose that's what makes these forums so interesting.

From my perspective about people already mentioned.

Monty - Have to cheers for him during the Ryder Cup. Other than that he seems to me as though he thinks it's his god given right to play good golf and that anyone else should bow down to him. Oh and he's a cheat. I'll never forgive him for cheating in that tournament last year.

Casey - I like Casey. His comments about the US were taken so out of context it's just not funny - they were in respect to the Ryder Cup and nothing else, people should try to remember that and also that the press always do things like mis-quote/take out of context to sell papers/magazines etc. He has an American girlfriend and went to college there, think he still has a house there as well.

Sabbatini - I don't blame him for walking ahead of Crane, I know they were off the clock by then, but I'd have been tempted to do the same.

Tiger - love him. Without him todays average pro's wouldn't be multi millionaires. Simple as that. He's had an incredible effect on prize money, TV viewing figures among other things.

Vijay - Will always be the cheating Fijian in my eyes. Sure, there is no doubting his dedication and his season the other year when he got to world no 1 was fantastic. But he cheated.

Daly - Agree with a lot that's been said. I find it sad that one of the most naturally talented golfers of them all has degenerated to the level he has. Oh to have that skill.....

Sergio - Love him. His enthusiasm is infectious. He's young, and is a wonderful player, who really needs to start winning a bit more.

That's all I can think of for now.
In the bag:
Driver - FT-i 9.5* Neutral Speeder 686 Stiff
Fairway Wood - X-Tour 15* Stiff
Hybrid - Nickent 3DX Ironwood 17* Aldila NV Hybrid 75S
Irons - Tour Stage Z101 Forged Irons DG S300 Shatfs (2-PW) Wedges - 52* Callaway X Tour Vintage, 58* Callaway X Tour Mack Daddy VintagePutter - Scotty...

I agree with people chosing Poulter, I've got the same clubs as his but it's just him, I mean he dyes his arm hairs aswell as his hair!
Woods: Macgregor
Irons: King Cobra
Wedges: King Cobra
Putter: Nike

I'm a big hater of Phil.....he's a fraud. I am, however, known for liking some of the more "hated" golfers. I always loved the way Vijay did his business.....Ditto for Sergio......I like them alot, but for different reasons. If we could all have Vijay's work ethic, and Sergio's fire and energy, we'd maybe only lose to tiger by 10 instead of 20. :)

"Keep it in the short grass."

Driver: Titleist 905R 9.5 deg., w/ ProForce V2 shaft
3W: Callaway X-Hot 15 deg., Grafalloy Blue stiff
Hybrid/Util: Callaway Heavenwood 2H, 17 deg., Grafalloy Blue stiff Hybrid/Util: Hogan 3H 21 deg., TT Dyn.Gld stiffIrons: Callaway X-18 Pro Series, 3-PW, TT Dyn. Gld...

I'll defend Phil..... at the Pebble pro/am...he was totally cool to my 10 year old daughter (funny how you form opinions on how people treat your kids). As he was walking off the green my daughter said, "What's up Phil?"....he stopped, walked over to the ropes where we were....gave her a high five, and engaged in some 10 year old small talk.

Also, all you Daly bashers. That dude will give you an autograph just about anytime....he loves his fans, and is one of the very few who understand he's nothing without them. If you ever get the chance to talk with him....he will be your favorite player. If you haven't witnessed it....it's hard to explain what a cool/nice give you the shirt off his back kind of guy he is.

Oh yeah, the ultimate nice guy is Gary Player. He once had a conversation with my son about how he shouldn't play football, because it's bad on your knees....play golf young man. all of this while he was practicing in a sand trap....he would step on his ball burying it, then blast it out close to the pin everytime....Player is really cool.

Almost forgot, this is a who you dislike thread...... I'm tired of typing, so I'll skip the negative.

peace

I cant stand to watch Raymond Flloyd. IF you have a swing that looks like that and you stick it 2ft. from anywhere on the course you could at least drop that smug look and crack a smile. On second thoughts if you had a swing that looked like that and you knew people were watching why would you smile....

And Phil..... You know Victoia's Secret could fix that bounce for you bud!!!!
Driver - TaylorMade R9 460 10.5°
3 Wood - TaylotMade Burner Tour
3 & 4 Hybrids - Adams a7
Irons - R7 tp 5-PW
Wedges - Vokey SM Black Nickel - 52º - 56º - 60ºPutter - Scotty Cameron California - SonomaSkyCaddie - SG4Lowest Round - 68 - Par 72 /67.6/120Lowest Tournament Round - 69 -...

• 2 weeks later...
1. Paul Casey

I don't understand why you hate davis love iii. He has done so much for the game, with helping out with the ryder cup, president's cup, and the fed-ex cup. He has won 19 tournaments including 2 players championships. Tiger has not even done that! I have met him in person and he is the kind of guy who stays and signs autographs for hours. Also, I am sure if you ask any pga tour player what they thought of him they would say they respect him very much. by the way, your clubs suck!!!

He has won 19 tournaments including 2 players championships. Tiger has not even done that!

Actually, Tiger has 54 wins and 3 PGA Championships. What are you taliking about?

In The Bag
Ping Rapture 10.5* Aldila Proto 65-S
Sonartec SS 3.5 19* 5W Fuji Tour Platform Stiff
Mizuno MP-30 3-PW
Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54.10*, 60.04*Odyssey White Hot 2 BallTitleist Pro V1x

Actually, Tiger has 54 wins and 3 PGA Championships. What are you taliking about?

I'll tell YOU what I'm talking about! Davis has played on 6 ryder cup teams and every president's cup team. Also, do you remember the flawless final round he had at the players championship? He shot 64 in the wind and rain. Fred Couples said it was the best round he had ever seen. Some people criticize Davis's attitude towards the game and the fans. For example, Davis's run in with the fan at the Accenture Match Play tournament. That man was out of line, and what Davis did by having him removed, was not mean. Has not being a jerk, he was just protecting the good of the game.

I'll tell YOU what I'm talking about! Davis has played on 6 ryder cup teams and every president's cup team. Also, do you remember the flawless final round he had at the players championship? He shot 64 in the wind and rain. Fred Couples said it was the best round he had ever seen. Some people criticize Davis's attitude towards the game and the fans. For example, Davis's run in with the fan at the Accenture Match Play tournament. That man was out of line, and what Davis did by having him removed, was not mean. He was not being a jerk, he was just protecting the good of the game, something he has done throughout his career.

Note: This thread is 4638 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!