IGNORED

Most hated, golfers you dislike..

Clubswinger21
Note: This thread is 4640 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I HATE JOHN DALY! I don't think I need to explain myself....
David Ditto
In The Bag
Driver- Bridgestone Precept EC Fuel 420cc Driver
Woods- TaylorMade Vsteel Fairway Woods
Irons-Affinity ATS Hybrid IronsWedge- Wilson 60° Harmonized Black WedgePutter-Heavy Putter Matte Series PutterShoes- Nike SP3 Golf ShoesHome Course- River Run Golf...

I dislike golfers that don't repair their ball marks on the green. (I guess I don't really have to call them golfers - but we all have seen it)

I dislike Pro Shop snobs that act like elitest buttholes - if you were that good, you wouldn't be in the Pro Shop.

I don't really dislike anyone on tour - haven't met any in person except for Mike Weir (He was really nice and genuine) so I can't say.

Dual Point 10.5 Stiff Driver
Dual Point 3 Wood
NPS-1 Irons
Dual Slot 52, 56, 60 Wedges
Newport 2

I HATE JOHN DALY! I don't think I need to explain myself....

I am not a smart man, so you might have to explain it for me.

I kinda like big John...

Dual Point 10.5 Stiff Driver
Dual Point 3 Wood
NPS-1 Irons
Dual Slot 52, 56, 60 Wedges
Newport 2

BasherBaker- I actually have, and he was not a very nice man. I used to like him. I won a tournament in which one of the prizes was to meet him. He came up tp me, shook my hand, said your pretty good kid, and left. not once even looking me in the eye!
David Ditto
In The Bag
Irons-Affinity ATS Hybrid IronsWedge- Wilson 60° Harmonized Black WedgePutter-Heavy Putter Matte Series PutterShoes- Nike SP3 Golf ShoesHome Course- River Run Golf...

I usually don't talk bad of people who I do not know, but this thread is tempting....let's see....my list of hated golfers (based on their look and their behavior on the few times I saw them on TV):
1. Jim Furyk
2. Pat Hurst
3. Michael Campbell
4. Laura Davies
5. Rory Sabbatini
6. Davis Love III
7. Colin Montgomerie
8. the early stage of Vijay Singh (before 2000)
9. John Daly
10. Butch Harmon

This is my top ten (listed not essentially in order of hate) and I again, since I do not know them personally, it is a very biased and preposterous.

In My Bag:
Driver:
Nike SasQuatch 460 9.5 deg - Fujikura Prototype X
3 Wood:
Orlimar Trimetal Plus 14 deg - Fujikura Prototype XIrons: Titleist 735CM (3-PW) - TT DG 300SWedges: Titleist Vokey 50 & 54 & 60Putter: Scotty Cameron Laguna Oil Can - Custom Shop Restored to Pro...

I usually don't talk bad of people who I do not know, but this thread is tempting....let's see....my list of hated golfers (based on their look and their behavior on the few times I saw them on TV):

Jim Furyk? Vijay? Monty? I know you said that it was based on their look and behavior when you've seen them, but please explain yourself further...

David Ditto
In The Bag

I knew this was going to be ugly....
ok, Applebyfan, these are my reasons:
1. Jim Furyk - he spits and curse at every shot and he is one of the worst dressed players on tour.
2. Vijay - as I mentioned on the previous post, the early Vijay used to be a very rude person (I am so happy that he has won so many title thereafter and he has changed). Vijay used to play in the European tour and he once went to the Italian Open, played in Sardinia, where he made cry a young volunteer just because he was frustrated of how he played that day. He was not even famous in that period but when the kid asked him an autograph after the round and he basically yelled at him.
3. Monty - very similar situation with Vijay. I saw him on another Italian Open and he is another example of player who starts blaming the gallery whenever his game is poor.

As I said before, this is a very subjective list and I hope that nobody takes it personal! Thanks!!
In My Bag:
Driver:
3 Wood:
Orlimar Trimetal Plus 14 deg - Fujikura Prototype XIrons: Titleist 735CM (3-PW) - TT DG 300SWedges: Titleist Vokey 50 & 54 & 60Putter: Scotty Cameron Laguna Oil Can - Custom Shop Restored to Pro...

I knew this was going to be ugly....

I understand what your sayin, I just was wondering what your reasoning behind those 3 were. thnx

David Ditto
In The Bag

Hey Applebyfan,
I know this would not be the right thread (maybe you should open one!) but in your opinion, do you think that Appleby will win again the Mercedes Open in Hawaii? 4-peat!!!!!
In My Bag:
Driver:
3 Wood:

Hi

Scott Hoch-anti social miserable
Vijay Singh-obsessive compulsive practicer
Ray Floyd-too arrogant
Phil-man boobs, selfish, money grabber

they are the only golfers that i can say that i dislike for the reasons given, however strange it may sound

Paul Casey should be on every Americans list?

John Daly-whats not to like??..the only person whose bad books he should be in is his doctors!

BB69

BasherBaker- I actually have, and he was not a very nice man. I used to like him. I won a tournament in which one of the prizes was to meet him. He came up tp me, shook my hand, said your pretty good kid, and left. not once even looking me in the eye!

Just curious as to how a "29" wins a tournament and gets to meet John Daly?

BTW, I think Long John has a lot of bad habits and is, in many ways, self destructive, but he seems to be friendly and the galleries at tournaments I've attended seem to love the guy. Of course, most of us have never met him "up close and personal" and apparently in your situation you did and it wasn't all it was should have been.

I don't particularly 'hate' anyone, it's a very strong term that I don't find appropriate in the sense that I don't know the players personally.

However, there are certain players I like more than others, namely Woods, Els, Donald, and Clarke. All are extremely fine golfers.

Garcia can irritate me at times, he is extremely talented granted, but he acts like a spoilt kid nonetheless.

In my bag:

Driver R7 Superquad
3 Wood: Burner
Irons: 3-PW MP-60Wedges: MP R Series Chrome 52* 56* 60*Putter: Bettinardi C-SeriesBall: NXT Tour

Paul Casey should be on every Americans list?

Is that a statement or a question? If it is a statement then all I can say is while Paul didn't say the most politically correct thing what he did say - "I hate Americans" - was partially taken out of context and partially due to the competitive nature of the PGA and especially the Ryder Cup. But personally I find myself hating Americans when it comes to watching the crowds at tour events. It is embarrassing to listen to the crap they shout out. Why they allow alcohol out there is beyond me, although most of these morons out there would be morons regardless of their blood alcohol content.

Hey Applebyfan,

Ipark- Well, I am a big Stuart Appleby fan, so of ocurse I'm gonna say yes. But even if I wasnt a big fan, I think Stuart has a good chance of pullin out a 4-peat.

Just curious as to how a "29" wins a tournament and gets to meet John Daly?

Q.Q.- It was a high school tournament in Atlanta, and so since it was sponsored by

, meeting him was part of the prize.
David Ditto
In The Bag

Does anyone hate Michelle Wie? I think that she needs an attitude adjustment. When Michelle Wie withdrew from the golf tournament that she was playing in earlier last year, Jeff Gove said that she kept holding their group up and she was not polite. She should not enter PGA Tour tournaments if she can't compete with the men. Plus she is not very attractive. They should invite good looking lpga players play in pga tournaments, such as Cristie Kerr or Natalie Gulbis. Michelle Wie should NOT play!!!!

Note: This thread is 4640 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!