IGNORED

G10 vs. Di11 vs. Ci9

nhwoj
Note: This thread is 4908 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Looking into some new iron sets. Just wanting to know a little about these clubs - pros, cons, etc. because most golf stores only tell you what you want to hear... Ping G10's come 3-PW, Wilson Di11's come 4-GW, and Wilson Ci9's also come 4-GW. All sets are the same price, $500. Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks!

One last note: The G10's come with a 0.75° upright lie, or I can get 4-PW instead for $440 with a standard lie. I tend to hit the ball really high, and I'm pretty sure upright lie gives you a higher launch angle, correct? Thanks again for any and all feedback.

In the  Strata Bag:

3 Wood:  XL

Irons: 4-5:  AP1; 6-PW:  XL

Wedges:  Tour Grind, 52°/60°

Putter:  White Hot XG #9

Balls:  Mojo

If you are spending $500 the get fit for the clubs and hit some demos. I'm sure you would be better suited for a GI or SGI type club. As for the lie angle, that refers to the angle of your swingplane (the sole of the club) relative to ground. The taller you are the more upright clubs tend to be and the shorter the golfer the flatter the tendency in the lie. You seem to have lie and loft confused. The more you increase the loft of a club then the higher the balls trajectory will be.

Updated 2/7/10 - In my Revolver Pro bag:
Driver: G-10 10.5* TFC 129 Stiff flex 3-W: G-10 TFC129 Stiff flex
#2h(17*) Stiff Flex #3(21*) & #4(24*): Hybrid G-10 TFC129 Stiff flex
5-PW: MP32 (DG300)S flex Wedges 52-8, 56-14, and 60-04 Bobby Jones Wedges
Putter: Rossa Monte Carlo 35"Grips:...

Getting fitted for the PINGs with the dot system is really easy and its free. I wouldn't just randomly buy the black (standard) or blue (.75 upright) dot clubs without knowing if they fit your swing. Just go to your local golf store (assuming they have the AFS or Iron Carts) and tell them you would like to be fitted. Should only take about 10 minutes to figure out what color dot you would need.

FYI...I have the G10s 3-6, purple dot (my local golf store filed for bankruptcy and screwed me over or I'd have 7-PW as well!!) and I love them. Very forgiving clubs...I highly recommend them!

In my Grom XX:
cleveland.gif Launcher 12.0* Fujikura Saishin 65 S and 15* Fujikura Fit-On Gold R // ping.gif G10 Irons, AWT Steel S, Fitted Purple Dot// cleveland.gifCG14 Chrome 56*, 14 // odyssey.gif Crimson Series 550 Mallet, 34" // srixon.gifZ-Star

Note: This thread is 4908 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!