IGNORED

Nike CCi Forged

Note: This thread is 3789 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just purchased the Nike CCi Forged 3-PW set on eBay with the DG SL S300 shafts in them. I had no problems with the DG S300's but thought I would give these shafts a try. 6 iron swing speed is at around 85-88 mph so I think the lighter weight in these new shafts should fit me better. Hopefully the ball flight doesn't change too much from going to lighter shafts.

I bought a set of cci forged in the spring and I have to say I love the look at set up but I lost 10 yards with them. I did have them to my specs but I just couldn't handle the yardage loss. I doubt you will have the same issue but I would like to hear your feedback after a round.

Haha your responses are scaring me before I even get them in my hands. I have a sprained right thumb and by the time I recover it will be some time from now. I'll let you guys know. Only guy I know on tour that used them recently is Stewart Cink. Don't know if any of the other Nike staffers gamed them.

Haha your responses are scaring me before I even get them in my hands. I have a sprained right thumb and by the time I recover it will be some time from now. I'll let you guys know. Only guy I know on tour that used them recently is Stewart Cink. Don't know if any of the other Nike staffers gamed them.

Immelman when he won the Masters.

As for the clubs. I still game them. I've always liked them. I will have to say that they are a bit shorter of an iron, but you simply compensate for it. Some won't put up w/ that or won't want that, but if you know your distances, I don't think it's that big of deal. As for hitting them. They are more of a players club. I wouldn't recommend them to an inexperienced or high HCP golfer. I won't go as far as to call them "blade" like, but they do require you to have a decent ball striking skill to hit well. But, oh how sweet they are, IMO. Soft as butter feeling off the face, sharp look to them, nice look at address, good weighting to them, etc. Great set of irons.

i found them really hard to hit

Have you ever thought about making a steel-review thread? We could sticky it, and likely have 80% of all modern clubs reviewed in one place. :)

Have you ever thought about making a steel-review thread? We could sticky it, and likely have 80% of all modern clubs reviewed in one place. :)

man ur full of them this week, arent you!!?? hahhaah!

probably true tho i have hit/owned a lot of gear........... meh.....

man ur full of them this week, arent you!!?? hahhaah!

ha ha, i didn't even mean that one to be a zinger. I'm sorry man.

Seriously though, it's good to have product input from a single source. To the OP - I was always curious about these. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

ha ha, i didn't even mean that one to be a zinger. I'm sorry man.

yea no worries man, i can take it! hahaha!

these irons are a thing of beauty for sure i did have them w PJX shafts tho, which i am not a fan of maybe w DG's in them, wrx will find them a little easier to hit? @ Nike_Golf - dude if you cant call these blade like from address, i dont know what u can I have owned blades too and these resemble them in every way low offset, thin topline, thinner sole, not forgiving in any way shape or form etc...... VERY blade like IMO

I think the CCi forged are shorter in length by 0.25" than my VR split cavities but I'm hoping the lightness of the shaft will offset that. My first time trying out DGSL shafts so I'm more curious in how these shafts feel.

@ Nike_Golf - dude if you cant call these blade like from address, i dont know what u can

You're actually making me feel better about my game by saying these things are ALMOST blades.

So, I really DON'T want to disagree with you but I still (kinda) will. My current set of these irons is the third set of irons I've ever owned. I've hit a blade iron a few times but I know I'm not ready to go that route yet. So, I guess what I'm saying is that I don't have much experience with blades to compare this set to. BUT, these are still a cavity back iron with weighting in them to make them forgiving. BTW, I really have to disagree with your take that these have ZERO forgiveness. While not much, they do have SOME. My misses are off the toe. When I do that I immediately feel it, obviously, but the ball relatively stays on line. The distance is obviously altered though. So, by definition, you can't really compare them to blades just based on the thin top line, smaller head, etc. That's the MO of a "players" iron. Not as easy to hit as a GI iron but easier than a blade. But, really, are you saying that since I hit these well that I should look into getting blades? Feel free to say yes. I need an excuse to get the new Nike VR combo set this winter.

You're actually making me feel better about my game by saying these things are ALMOST blades.

dude u r askin the wrong guy

i will never talk anyone out of new irons ;)

I recently purchased a CCi 2i. This is my first 2i, so I can only compare it to the 3i I have hit before, and I find it harder to hit (smaller sweet spot) than both my current MP-57 (CB) and my previous set, MP-32 (MB). Again, I am comparing a 2i vs 3i, so what I think is not necessarily true.
The CCi is a really good looking club, though.

damn...to bad u didnt deicde this 2 weeks ago

I believe when the season comes around I would most likely still game the VR's regularly. I was going to toy around with the CCi's and may put the shafts into the VR's if anything.

Note: This thread is 3789 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!