IGNORED

Whats The shortest Club You've had into a Par 5?

GixxerTed
Note: This thread is 4888 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I've had wedges before, just on fairly shot holes.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I've had a nine iron in but it was a baby par 5. The nine I play regularly has a 480 yard par 5 and if I pull it a touch I can get down to the bottom of this huge slope and have 150 in to the center.

Brian

• Administrator
A putter.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

A putter.

Same as me, drove the 18th par 5 at my old home course.

was blowing downlwind and to fly the lake you had to have around 300M carry on the ball. Was like a 3 club wind, I only made eagle, considering I was 10 foot away was kind of sad.

Driver: 909D3 8.5* Diamana White Board X
3 Wood: MP 630 15* GRAFALLOY PROLAUNCH RED X
Hybrid: 909H 19* "Real" VooDoo X
3 - P: MP-68 KBS Tour Black Nickel X
56* 10 Wedge Vr60* 06 Wedge: VrPutter: Custom Made.Golf Ball: TOUR B330SI am the greatest, I said that even before I knew I was....

PW - 480 yard PW that was downwind like a mother. Plus, this par 5 has a ridge across the fairway that, if you land it short, will stop your ball 10-15 yards short of what it could be. OR, if you hit the ridge or hit the back side of it, can give you yards. I hit the top of the ridge, ball trickled over, and I hit a PW from a stock 8 iron yardage. Only made 4 though, because my PW was a little long-ish and then released a little...both from being so downwind.

Current Gear Setup: Driver: TM R9 460, 9.5, Stiff - 3W: TM R9, 15, stiff - Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Black, 18, stiff - Irons: Callaway X Forged 09, 3-PW, PX 5.5 - SW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 54.14 - LW: Callaway X Series Jaws, 60.12 - Putter: PING Redwood Anser, 33in.

6 iron. Short par 5 on 18 at my home course with elevated tee box. Plays 470 to middle from tee box. To front of green had 175. Ball landed 5 feet off the front. Pretty cool putting for a GIR haha.

Callaway Org14 Sport w/ Clicgear Cart:

Callaway X 460 9* - Callaway X 15* - TaylorMade 19*/21* Hybrid - Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW - Titleist 50/56/60 - Rife Cayman Brac - Bridgestone xFIXx/B330-RX - TRUE Linkswear Supporter!

Lob wedge. 550 yard hole, uphill, into a 2 club wind, hit it over the green, had to chip back on,.....oh wait, do you mean REAL golf, as opposed to internet BS.... then I would have to say 6 iron, and it was only a cheesy 435 yard par 5.

:tmade: 09 Burner
:cobra: Speed LD F 3 wood
:cobra: Baffler 20 degree hybrid
:cobra: Baffler TWS 23 hy
:ping: G15 5-UW
:snake_eyes: 56 deg SW 
:snake_eyes: 60 - 12 wedge  
:scotty_cameron: Studio Select Newport 2

Lob wedge. 550 yard hole, uphill, into a 2 club wind, hit it over the green, had to chip back on,.....oh wait, do you mean REAL golf, as opposed to internet BS.... then I would have to say 6 iron, and it was only a cheesy 435 yard par 5.

Good one! Mine's about as cheesy, it's a ligit 520 yd hole but in August the fairways are baked almost rock hard, then a 30+ mph wind and the ball goes for ever. You have to hit a 7 iron about 40 yards in front of the green and the ball will bounce and run all the way to the green!

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

That time I played with Jack Hamm we only brought our Drivers and our Putters and drove every green regardless of distance and 1putt'ed out. POW.
 Driver:callaway.gifBig Bertha 460cc 10* Hybrids: adams.gif A7 3-4H  Irons: adams.gif A7 5i-PW
Wedges: cleveland.gifCG 12 50*, CG 14 56*, CG12 60* Putt Putt:odyssey.gif White ICE Tour Bronze 1 Putter

That time I played with Jack Hamm we only brought our Drivers and our Putters and drove every green regardless of distance and 1putt'ed out. POW.

Those freaking hammer sales advertisements are hilarious.

Drivers: Titleist 913 D2 Aldila phenom
Fairway Woods: Titleist 910F-d
Fairway Woods: Titleist 909 F3 or

Hybrid: Taylormade tp 18 or Mp fli hi 2 iron 
Irons: Mizuno MP-52 3-pw
Wedges: TaylorMade RAC Z TP
Putters: Odyssey Black Series Tour Designs #2
Golf Bags: Titleist Blue cart bag

Shoes: Footjoy Dry joys

Golf Balls: Titleist Pro v1x

8i on a 497 yard par 5 and a 5i on a 547 par 5

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

last week it was a 490 yard par 5 with the wind at our back, i hit a great drive and it hit a yardage marker in the middle of the fairway. I was 137 yards out with a PW, my ball hit 2 feet behind the hole and went in, that was my first double eagle.

Irons X-22 Tour irons 3-PW
Driver Superfast TP
Fairway Wood Burner 3W
wedge 50 degree
wedge GS-15 56 DegreeWedge 62 degreePutter ZebraBall TP LDP Red B330 tour

The only par 5 I've ever actually hit the green in 2 was at Mcleansboro, IL, 6th hole. Very short par 5, only 452 yards from either the blue or white tees, just 2 different locations, one elevated tee and one not. This was from the elevated tee, hit my driver to just over 160 yards out with about a 10-12 mph wind at my back. Hit 7 iron to right side of green and 2 putted for birdie.

Driver-Taylormade Burner Ti 420 cc 10.5 deg reg flex
3 wood-orlimar rcx 14 deg
Hybrids-warrior golf 20 deg, 23 deg and 26 deg
6-pw-AFFINITY / ORLIMAR HT2 irons steel shafts, reg flex, 56 deg tour series wedge
Putter-Rife 2 Bar Hybrid Mallet...

A 520-yd. Par 5 down in central Oklahoma (circa 1981). Bushy trees which guarded the dogleg left had died, so I cut the corner with a 3W, hit a downslope in the left rough, zipped through the fairway and slalomed off a right side bank. All this ricochet on the sun-baked clay gave me about a 360-yd. drive, and I hit a 6 iron into the green. A week later, second shot was only a 7 iron. (Two birdies)

Course managers noticed a bumper crop of birdies and eagles on the hole, and retooled the left downslope with shaggy grass and a deep bunker. No more easy birdies.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

#12 Landa Park, New Braunfels, Tx.

Hit a 6 iron regularly.

Driver - Taylor Made 09 Burner.
3 Wood - Callaway Diablo.
Hybrid Irons - Adams A30S
Wedges - 52* Titleist Vokey Spin Milled. 56*, 60* Taylormade Rac.
Putter - Scotty Cameron Circa 62 #1.

PW - my first PW par 5 was after just a OMG drive like 350+, 70 over my average. level hole, but a slight tailwind and a GREAT first bounce. I was so out of my comfort zone that skulled my PW into a trap, then fat into the next trap, and up and down for a par

Note: This thread is 4888 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!