IGNORED

Bridgestone E6

Note: This thread is 3889 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

The e6+ was released in between other "e6" balls. I believe, though I might be wrong here, that the e6+ was simply the 2009 version of the ball.

You are correct, they first came out with the e6, then changed the packaging in 2009/10 to e6+, now for 2011 they are back to the e6. I have played them, off and on, for the last 3 or 4 years and find them to be a solid ball. While I am always on the search for my new favorite ball, I always seem to compare what ever I am playing with the e6. You can't go wrong playing it.

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

• 1 month later...

I've played the e6 for a couple years and it's by far my favorite ball. Got 2 dozen orange for Christmas and a dozen white e6's. Just bought 2 dozen Bridgestone TreoSoft for $30 at Dick's. Golf Pro said the were exactly like the e6 but softer. If they are even close I'll be happy.

Cleveland Hibore XLS Driver: Nike Ignite2 Irons: Adams SW and LW: Odyssey White Hot Mallet: Bridgestone e6 and TreoSoft Balls etc...

Well I know what I am trying next.  When I go to pick up the R11 I am set on getting a box of these as well. I haven't heard a bad thing about them yet.

taylormade.gifR11S 9* Driver Aldila RIP Phenom 60 R Flex

taylormade.gifRBZ 3W 15* Matrix Ozik XCon-5 R Flex
taylormade.gif'11 Rescue Hybrids 3 (18*), 4 (21*) Aldila RIP 65 HB R Flex
taylormade.gifR11 5-PW KBS Steel R Flex | taylormade.gifTP XFT 52* 56* 60* KBS Steel

cameron.gif California Coronado 35" | ogio.gif Grom Black Plaid Bag |  Penta TP

What do they run normally for a box?  Wheres the cheapest to buy without buying online?

taylormade.gifR11 5-PW KBS Steel R Flex | taylormade.gifTP XFT 52* 56* 60* KBS Steel

They are okay, but I prefer Nike PD soft to these, and they are much cheaper.  I'd rather pay the extra 4 bucks/dozen and get NXT Tour though

Originally Posted by toddmlazarchick

What do they run normally for a box?  Wheres the cheapest to buy without buying online?

Cleveland Launcher DST 10.5*

Ping G15 17*

Mizuno MP-53 4-PW with GS-95

Mizuno MPT-11 Black Nickel 52* and 58* with GS-95

Ping Redwood Anser

Whats the difference between the e6 and the e7 balls?  I was just trying to figure out which I want to pick up when I go for my driver fitting.

$26 at Dick's Sporting Goods. Can't beat the price for a 3 piece ball!!

Cleveland Hibore XLS Driver: Nike Ignite2 Irons: Adams SW and LW: Odyssey White Hot Mallet: Bridgestone e6 and TreoSoft Balls etc...

Whats the difference between the e6 and the e7 balls?  I was just trying to figure out which I want to pick up when I go for my driver fitting.

e6 helps with slicing and hooking. e7 lowers the trajectory if you hit a high ball. I love the e6. I'll use it as my primary ball and a Titleist as a backup.

Also the e6 is for swing speeds around 85-100 i think, the e7 is for higher speeds... I play the e7, and am so jealous that they don't have the colored balls in the e7! I played the Srixon's for a while just so i could play the yellow ball (they were way to soft)... it's so easy to see on cloudy days too!

909D2 - 10.5º
909 F2 3 wood15º
AP 2 3-PW PX 5.5
52º Black Nickle and 60º oil can Both Spin Milled
reg 588 56º White Ice Rossie Z Star Tour YELLOWSG3

Originally Posted by Radford Wooly

Quote:

e6 helps with slicing and hooking. e7 lowers the trajectory if you hit a high ball. I love the e6. I'll use it as my primary ball and a Titleist as a backup.

Thanks a bunch.  I dont know my swing speed but I obviously will after my fitting so I will pick them up then.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radford Wooly

Quote:

Thanks a bunch.  I dont know my swing speed but I obviously will after my fitting so I will pick them up then.

They're pretty much the same as a D2 Top Flite. They're good balls, but nothing earth shattering.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by sean_miller

They're pretty much the same as a D2 Top Flite. They're good balls, but nothing earth shattering.

I figured but Id like a solid ball for a decent price until I play well enough to deserve a high priced ball.

Quote:

Originally Posted by sean_miller

I figured but Id like a solid ball for a decent price until I play well enough to deserve a high priced ball.

At our level of play, we have to decide if the people who'll find them later (while trudging through the weeds), deserve a high priced ball.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

My swing speed (driver) is around 105-108, and I've been playing mostly TaylorMade TP Black/Reds for the last year and a half.  I found what appeared to be a brand new e6 during a round last month and put it into play-very surprised and pleased.  I've tried the e7 and it was solid (but no better than Gamers or D2 Feels), and the e5 is a great buy for a urethane-covered ball.  The e6 was incredibly solid all around, probably not the best in any category, but good everywhere I used it.  Feels soft, long off the tee, I managed not to lose it the rest of the round, and it checked up nicely.  Not like a TP Black/Red or ProV1, but on mid/long iron shots it seemed to stop in the general area of where it landed.  Hit some great bunker shots with it too, chipping in general was nice, I played for a little bit more roll out than with a TP Red and had no problems.  I picked up a box of the orange ones about a months ago.  It's got some sort of slick coating, similar to a D2 Strait.  Not sure if it actually reduces sidespin for me, but I do know that a slice or hook with the driver hasn't seemed as severe as normal.  I prefer it to the NXT Tour, performance seems similar/slightly better and it's definitely more durable.  I'm not sure if it's worth the premium over a Gamer or D2 Feel, but on its own merits it's definitely worth the price being charged, and the orange/yellow option is nice.

Ha Ha!  Good one.  I've decided no one deserves to find a ball I hit that works out to more than $30/box, usually $20 or less.  I'm actually going to try out the Wilson Staff 50 Elite next time I get out based on good reviews I've read and the $16/box price.  Only putted with 'em so far and they do feel soft.

At our level of play, we have to decide if the people who'll find them later (while trudging through the weeds), deserve a high priced ball.

Originally Posted by ajschn06

They are okay, but I prefer Nike PD soft to these, and they are much cheaper.  I'd rather pay the extra 4 bucks/dozen and get NXT Tour though

Those are my three favorite balls. I don't like urethane covers and cores designed for super fast swing speeds, so these three are a nice compromise in low spin/soft feel that works well for my swing speed. The NXT Tour are by far the least durable of the three, but probably spin a touch more than the PD softs or E6's. I can't really tell much of a difference between the Bridgestones and the Nike's, but I like the orange E6's for the "that's definitely not your ball" factor, though.

How would you guys rate these for spinning back on a green?

Note: This thread is 3889 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!