IGNORED

Bridgestone E6

Note: This thread is 3889 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just wanted to share some info on the Bridgestone E6 ball. I bought a sleeve last night to use today and was so impressed that I had to start this thread. I played with the same ball thru the first 14 holes until I finally hit a hook off of the tee that no ball would have a chance It was bad. Lost it in the woods. Anyway this ball really improved my overall game. What I noticed was the straighter and farther ball flight produced. I average anywhere from 98 to 105 on this course. Today I shot 90 with a real chance of 85 or lower. Lots of leaves and such on the green disrupting putting chances. Really nice drives left me with a lot of sand wedge shots which showed me that this ball does not spin as well as some others but it is designed not to spin. Anyway , this is a great ball for my game and I wanted to share this in hopes of helping someone out with their game. I was also impressed with having brought 2 of the 3 home. Lol.

Driver:Titleist 910 D2
3 Wood: Titleist FT Fairway Woods (Old club)
Irons: Callaway Hot X-24 4-PW , SW
Putter: Odyssey Two Ball
Ball: Bridgstone e-6

Should post what ball you were using previously. Think I used a sleeve on my trip down in MD and thought it played a little harder than an AD333 but fairly similar. Good luck with the ball.

« Keith »

omg they're yellow awesome!

My Clubs:
Ping I3 + blade 3-pw
9.5 09 Burner with prolaunch red
Nickent 4dx driver
Taylormade Z tp 52, 56, 60
YES Carolyne putter

I bought a box of Titleist HP3 Distance and quickly went thru them, then using any ball in the bag. I have found several different brands then figured. Then I found an E6 and used it to finish the round. Decided I liked it enough to try a sleeve.

I use the E6 too. They are great balls. If you can swallow the price, try the tour b330rxs. They are the best balls i have ever used. You get the straight ball flight of the e6, with a ton of distance, and excellent spin on the greens.

Bag: Callaway Org 14 Extreme Cart Bag
Driver: Taylormade R9 460 10.5
Woods: Nike SQ 3 Wood
Hybrids: Walter Hagen AWS 3 Hybrid
Irons: Callaway Diablo Edge 4-AWWedges:Wedges: Cleveland CG12 56 and 60Putter: Nike Method 001:Ball: Bridgestone Tour B33-RX and Nike One Vapor

Great ball - yes a bit harder - but it does a hop and stop for me which I like - I think it is worth the lack of spin that I may need only on shortsided or other weird rare shots (compared to drives etc) the ball also holds up real well and is usually a bit longer than my buddies "tour" balls.
been looking for the yellow here in SD and still cannot find any

Titelist 910 D2
r7 draw irons
Seemore FGP
lots of different balls

Great ball - yes a bit harder - but it does a hop and stop for me which I like - I think it is worth the lack of spin that I may need only on shortsided or other weird rare shots (compared to drives etc) the ball also holds up real well and is usually a bit longer than my buddies "tour" balls.

golfballs.com has them here.

Yeah but they are the same price as Walmart sells them. While I was at Walmart I decided to check out the more expensive Bridgstone balls. Some of the manufacturers allow you to open and look at the sleeves. I opened the Bridgstone to take a look at them and found that someone had stuffed four sleeves of Noodles in it. Checked the expensive Srixon Z-stars and they were switched out with Topflites. I hope that this guy has terrible rounds with these balls. I also hope the next guy wanting to purchase them checks inside first. I opened the Titleist also, you can take the top off but there is plastic around the rest so you can't take the sleeves out. Just thought I would mention this since now I will take a look before buying new boxes.

• 3 weeks later...
Do the new limited edition yellow and orange versions seem to play any different than the white e6's?

Also I have only seen the yellow/orange versions at Dicks and Golf Galaxy, does anybody know if they have the yellow/orange ones at Walmart or Target?

I've been looking for a yellow ball similar in color to the Srixons Z-stars but cheaper and these fit the bill. Might have to try a few next spring. Definately on my Christmas list.

oh an one last question, anybody know what swing speed range these are designed for?
I typically swing my driver about 82mph and my irons in the mid to upper 70's. I wonder if I would even compress this ball.

Driver: Ping G25

3w - Ping K15

3h - TEE Trilogy

4h - TEE Trilogy

5h - TEE Trilogy

Irons: Ping G25 6-LW

Putter: Odyssey White Ice D.A.R.T
Bag: Nike SQ Tour

Optics: Bushnell Tour V2 Slope

Shoes: True Linkswear

No reason the paint color would make the ball play differently.
I don't have the actual stats for the e6 (compression, Cover hardness) but in my opinion the ball feels/plays relatively soft (the e7 feels significantly harder to me). My Driver Swing speed is about 98; I don't think you will feel like you can't compress it. Hope this helps.

Snowman0157

I bought a 30 box of the e6 to try out, but quickly found the ball didnt check enough for me around the green. I went to the e5 and its almost like a pro v1. Either way Bridgestone are great ballmakers

Just wanted to share some info on the Bridgestone E6 ball. I bought a sleeve last night to use today and was so impressed that I had to start this thread. I played with the same ball thru the first 14 holes until I finally hit a hook off of the tee that no ball would have a chance It was bad. Lost it in the woods. Anyway this ball really improved my overall game. What I noticed was the straighter and farther ball flight produced. I average anywhere from 98 to 105 on this course. Today I shot 90 with a real chance of 85 or lower. Lots of leaves and such on the green disrupting putting chances. Really nice drives left me with a lot of sand wedge shots which showed me that this ball does not spin as well as some others but it is designed not to spin. Anyway , this is a great ball for my game and I wanted to share this in hopes of helping someone out with their game. I was also impressed with having brought 2 of the 3 home. Lol.

I play the E6, and I find that it spins quite nicely on approach shots. On rare occasions I've even had it spin back 5 or 6 feet on the green. With a wedge or up to an 8I it usually just stops within 2-3 feet of the pitch mark, and with longer irons (up to a 5I) it still doesn't roll out more than 15 feet max... usually less. Like any ball it just takes crisp contact with the clubhead.

It doesn't spin much on short pitches or chips, which is part of the reason why I play it. I prefer playing a chip that rolls as soon as possible and rolls to the hole. I feel that I have much better chance of holing the shot if the ball is rolling on the green when it gets to the hole.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

No reason the paint color would make the ball play differently.

Are they painted? I'd assumed there was dye in the plastic in the outer layer to make it yellow, which could conceivably affect the hardness. Still, I doubt they'd market it as the same ball if it were a significant change.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

I'm sure it's been covered before but the e6 is the same thing as the e6+, correct? I've been looking all over for the e6 but all I could find was the e6+.

Driver: VR STR8-FIT Tour *9.5
Woods: VR STR8-FIT Tour 3 *15, 5 *19
Irons: VR Full Cavity 4-AW
Putter: DF 990
Ball: Juice Plus 312

Note: This thread is 3889 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!