IGNORED

Bridgestone E6

Note: This thread is 3868 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by Wardy

Just a quick update on the E6.

I have to say it's been very good, especially cutting the amount of slice/pull off my driver.

That's the strength of this ball.  It is straight and will save strokes for mid/high handicappers who don't have accurate ball striking.  Hitting straight also means going longer (closer to the hole).   So, you get added distance to boot.   There are other straight balls I tried but E6 seems to be better than most others.

RiCK

(Play it again, Sam)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

After a few yrs playing anyball I acquired, I decided to choose a ball and stick with it. I decided on the e6 and it did wonders for my driving! It boosted my confidence by not losing many, I since have gone on to the b330rx with good results! They're more expensive but both balls suit my swing speed! So I now play the e6 in winter/ bad conditions and the RX for fine weather! Also I'm used to the feel off the putter and wedges now so can't see me ever changing balls ....unless my swing speed increases!

Gaz Lee

Originally Posted by Hardballs

After a few yrs playing anyball I acquired, I decided to choose a ball and stick with it. I decided on the e6 and it did wonders for my driving! It boosted my confidence by not losing many, I since have gone on to the b330rx with good results! They're more expensive but both balls suit my swing speed! So I now play the e6 in winter/ bad conditions and the RX for fine weather! Also I'm used to the feel off the putter and wedges now so can't see me ever changing balls ....unless my swing speed increases!

I'm a firm believer in always playing the same type of ball.  My buddies love me for it... because I always give them any nice new balls (including) ProV's that I find on the course.  I just feel like using the same ball promotes a consistent feel around the greens.

I've been playing the Yellow Srizon TriSpeed Tour's for about a year now.   A friend of mine gave me a box of E6's and I feel like they play very similar for me (probably around 85 driver swing speed).  Now that the Trispeed Tour's have been discontinued I've tried the new Q'stars as well as the Yellow Soft Feel.   I like the E6 better than both of these offerings.

Other's have noted that the cover on the Yellow E6's seems to be different than the whites....  I've found this to be true with both the Bridgestone's and the Srixon's.   I feel like the yellow golf balls are more durable than the white ones.  This is probably only psychological, and  due to the fact that the yellow seems to mute out any scuffs and dings.... but it's possible that the yellow color has a slight formulation difference than the white.

All in all... the E6 seems to be a very playable ball.   I haven't had the chance to try the NXT Tours yet.... but so far the E6 is my favorite yellow offering besides the Trispeed tour.

• Upvote 1

I'm a firm believer in always playing the same type of ball.  My buddies love me for it... because I always give them any nice new balls (including) ProV's that I find on the course.  I just feel like using the same ball promotes a consistent feel around the greens. I've been playing the Yellow Srizon TriSpeed Tour's for about a year now.   A friend of mine gave me a box of E6's and I feel like they play very similar for me (probably around 85 driver swing speed).  Now that the Trispeed Tour's have been discontinued I've tried the new Q'stars as well as the Yellow Soft Feel.   I like the E6 better than both of these offerings.  Other's have noted that the cover on the Yellow E6's seems to be different than the whites....  I've found this to be true with both the Bridgestone's and the Srixon's.   I feel like the yellow golf balls are more durable than the white ones.  This is probably only psychological, and  due to the fact that the yellow seems to mute out any scuffs and dings.... but it's possible that the yellow color has a slight formulation difference than the white. All in all... the E6 seems to be a very playable ball.   I haven't had the chance to try the NXT Tours yet.... but so far the E6 is my favorite yellow offering besides the Trispeed tour.

I agree with the playing the same ball idea, I've been back and forth over the years between pro v1's b330rx, and the e6.... Yes it's true the e6 will always be in my bag and the ball of choice for several reasons #1- you can't beat the price for the ball you are getting 2- my worst shots are almost always playable and not lost 3- I can hit this ball straighter than any other ball I have ever hit, and I do get great distance off the tee. Once you play a few rounds with this ball you get used to the low spin and adjust, but I still can stop it on the greens pretty close to where I hit. I do not recommend this ball to anyone because I don't want everyone buying these and raising the cost for me. Hit em' straight!!!

I found an e6 and a few taylormade tp pentas. I liked the TP Pentas much more than the e6 personally, but won't be buying either of them until I can lose less than a ball a round.

KICK THE FLIP!!

In the bag:
:srixon: Z355

:callaway: XR16 3 Wood
:tmade: Aeroburner 19* 3 hybrid
:ping: I e1 irons 4-PW
:vokey: SM5 50, 60
:wilsonstaff: Harmonized Sole Grind 56 and Windy City Putter

if you are concerned about losing a ball, just buy the crummiest and cheapest you can, I guarantee you will not lose them. Hell, you can't even through them away without stumbling across them next time out. Buy a top brand/expensive ball, and you wont have it but two or three rounds.  Heck, for awhile, I could claim that "I have never hit a used ball". (well, not really). same for ball point pens, your "bic" will last a lifetime, that "cross" maybe a week.

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

Yeah, I bought a box of brand new balls for a golf trip, 81 holes in 3 days! I'd lost the lot within a month! (Toughest courses ive ever played) Then I bought some mint used ones on eBay, and I can't seem to lose one, if I threw them in a lake they're bounce right out! Never buying brand new again, they bring such bad luck!

Gaz Lee

"James"

:titleist: 913 D3 with Aldila RIP Phenom 60 4,2 Regular Shaft,  :touredge: Exotics XCG-7 Beta 3W with Matrix Red Tie Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX8 19 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3 Shaft:touredge: Exotics EX9 28 deg Hybrid w UST Mamiya Recoil F3  shaft, / Bobby Jones Black 22 deg Hybrid:touredge: Exotics EXi 6 -PW  w UST Mamiya Recoil F2 Shaft, SW (56),GW (52),LW (60):touredge:  TGS),/ ODDYSEE Metal-X #7 customized putter (400G, cut down Mid Belly)

I was at my driving range last week and some one dropped some Bridgestone E6 on the ground three of them right in a box. It must be a sign.

"Don't always believe quotes you read on the internet, they might be fake." Abraham Lincoln :tmade: RBZ 8.5 Driver _ :touredge: 52* 56* 60* wedges _ :nike: MOJO Ball :tmade: RBZ Stage 2: #3 hybrid _ :adams: #5 & #6 hybrid :tmade: RBZ Irons _ :odyssey: White hot #3 blade putter :nike: Lunar Control Shoe _ :golflogix: For iPhone

Honestly I'm between the dt solo and e6.. They seem quite similar to me but think the e6 gets the edge.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

Originally Posted by saturday

Honestly I'm between the dt solo and e6.. They seem quite similar to me but think the e6 gets the edge.

Funny....I feel the same way but give the edge to the DT So/Lo....slightly but noticeably  better around the greens and with the flat stick.

Funny....I feel the same way but give the edge to the DT So/Lo....slightly but noticeably  better around the greens and with the flat stick.

The only reason I say the e6 is the ball doesn't scuff as bad as the dt solo I find. Could also be sandy irons doing this so I'll keep hitting both till I figure out which works best for me.

:titleist: 913 D2 w/ Oban Kiyoshi Purple :ping: G25 3 Wood w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-DJ6 :titleist: 913H 21* w/ Diamana Blue :ping: G25 4 - PW :vokey: SM4 Oil Can - 52, 56, 60 :cameron: Studio Select Newport 2 :golflogix: :bushnell: Tour V3

• 4 weeks later...
Originally Posted by stogiesnbogies

Frankly , the very best of the Bridgestone balls for the vast majority of amateurs is the B330 RX but now we're talking Pro V1 kind of cash....about 50 bucks per dozen.

Thats a pretty bold statement.  Best in terms of what?  For the vast majority of people who fight a hook or slice, those spinny balls are actually the worst thing for their game.  Im sure adding a few Niblicks to the bag would help them though. :)

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

I went from the e5 to the e6. I miss the softness of the e5 but I like the straightness of the e6. How does the 330rx compare?

The 330rx is a good ball and a step up from the e6, I played the e6 and it did wonders for my driving confidence to step up to the RX, I'm now hitting the RX as straight, but longer with more feel around the green! If you like the e6 you will like the RX!

Gaz Lee

Originally Posted by Hardballs

The 330rx is a good ball and a step up from the e6, I played the e6 and it did wonders for my driving confidence to step up to the RX, I'm now hitting the RX as straight, but longer with more feel around the green!

If you like the e6 you will like the RX!

Yup.....the 330RX is a very good ball indeed- it's essentially the "V1" for amateur swing speeds with great feel around the greens, etc. ....everyone seems to like it -except perhaps your accountant.  LOL

Note: This thread is 3868 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!