IGNORED

Rank these baseball players

Red_on_the_head
Note: This thread is 4854 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Pujols, Bonds and A-Rod have played through the steroids era of baseball which makes their statistics incomparable with the other two. To date there's no evidence Pujols used steroids, but the pitchers and other players he faced did, so who knows what his numbers would look like if they weren't using PEDS. Conversely we know Bonds and A-Rod juiced so their numbers are likely better due to PEDS.

And PEDS aside, the era from the two groups is so far apart makes it even harder. I can only imagine what Mays and Williams numbers would look like if they played in the more symetrical ballparks of today with the harder baseball of today. These comparisons always serve up great debate but I think it's become very difficult to compare players of different eras.

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

• 2 weeks later...
Williams

I agree with this... maybe could be persuaded to flip-flop Mays and Williams... so close right there but those are definitely the 1 and 2 with Pujols, Bonds, and A-Rod being 3, 4, and 5.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

My opinion is:

1)Mays - probably the best all around player of all-time
2)Williams - probably the best hitter of all-time
3)Pujols - don't think anyone has had a better prolonged start to their career
4)Bonds - impressed me even before the juice, but nothing like Pujols has
5)AROD - the Brett Farve of baseball - great stats but not really impressive when you actually watch them play

My Tools of Ignorance:

Driver: Ping I20 9.5*
Woods/Hybrids: Cobra AMP 3W and 3 HY

Irons: Cobra AMP 4-GW

Wedges: Callaway Forged Copper 56* and 60*

Putters: Scotty Cameron  35" (Several of the flow neck blade variety)

Ball: Bridgestone B330-RX and Srixon Z-Star

Bag: Nike Performance Carry

My rankings

Mays
Williams
Pujols
Bonds
A Rod

The sad part is I believe Bonds would have been in this company without roids.
And my favorite as a kid deserves to challenge Mays at number 1 and that is the great quite one, Henry Aaron.

If I am being asked NOT to take Steroids into consideration then I rank the five players like this....

Mays
Pujols
Williams

Thanks,
Bryan

:macgregor: V Foil 8.5*    :tmade: Mid Rescue 16*  -- :wilsonstaff: RM  2 thru Wedge -- :vokey: 56/10  -- :scotty_cameron: Studio Design 2  & a  :srixon: Z Star 

Note: This thread is 4854 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!