IGNORED

Titleist 910 Drivers

wrx_junki
Note: This thread is 4813 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I tried them both briefly. I thought that the D3 was a little more solid, but to be honest neither of them really blew my mind. They were basically the 909s just better looking and with more technology. But, I reserve the right to try them again and change my mind.

I think you are somewhat right about the 909 to the 910. If I had upgraded from my 907 to the 909 when it came out, i probably would nt of purchased the 910. That said, going from the 907 to the 910 is a leap that I am excited about and the adjustibility aspet is exciting.

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

I practiced with the new D2 at GolfGalaxy today and was not very pleased, then again I never am with Titleist drivers. I have just never been able to hit them far and I was hoping that would change with this model. With an average swing speed of 100 -105 sometimes peaking around 113, I felt the distance of maybe 260 w/ roll was short compared to the Ping and R9.

I was using the Mizuno MP-63 6 iron however to warm up and break from swinging the driver. What a great set of irons, I was hitting it 180-200 when I could connect solidly and when I didnt it would go maybe 120-130 and to the outside of the flags. While definitely a player's club these are great if you can consistently hit the sweet spot of the club.
taylormade.gif -- > R9 9.5* Fujikura Motore F1 -- > R9 15* Fujikura Motore ][ callaway.gif -- > X-20 Steel 3-PW ][ cleveland.gif -- > CG-14 Black Pearl 60*
titleist.gif -- > Spin Milled 56* , 52* -- > Studio Select Newport 2- -- > Pro-V1 ][ BBGPSGOLF for GPS on my Blackberry
Home Course: http://whitneyfarmsgc.com/ Connecticut

My buddy just bought a 910D2 and the only thing good going for it is the looks. It was a good 5-10 yds shorter than his old Ping G10. He's lefty and I'm a righty so I wasn't able to try it out.

I bought the 910D3, 9.5 with the Kai'Li shaft... Got fitted at Edwin Watts by the Titleist rep... Numbers were great on the monitor, club felt great... Have played two rounds with this driver and I love it... When a friend of mine who used to blow it by me by at least twenty yards mentions that I'm hitting it farther than I used to I know I've got the right driver in my hands... I thought the 909 felt "dead", the 910 feels hot coming off the face

apex53
In my bag:
Titleist 913D3 9.5
Titleist 913F 15

Titleist 913H 19, 913H21

Titleist 712CB 5-P Titleist Vokey 54, 58 Scotty Cameron Fastback Titleist ProV1x

My buddy just bought a 910D2 and the only thing good going for it is the looks. It

Translated as:

"My buddy bought the wrong driver/shaft/loft/whatever". I think you'll find that the Titleist pros are pretty happy with theirs. The fact that your friend bought a club that he wasn't correctly fitted for doesn't make it a bad driver. Why would you buy a driver that you didn't hit as well as your old one unless you bought it without being correctly fitted for it? And....if you don't have the opportunity to be correctly fitted, you don't blame the club.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

I bought the 910D3, 9.5 with the Kai'Li shaft... Got fitted at Edwin Watts by the Titleist rep... Numbers were great on the monitor, club felt great... Have played two rounds with this driver and I love it... When a friend of mine who used to blow it by me by at least twenty yards mentions that I'm hitting it farther than I used to I know I've got the right driver in my hands... I thought the 909 felt "dead", the 910 feels hot coming off the face

i thought the 909 felt dead too but I really dont think it was the head, probably the shaft I used was too stiff

910 D2 + Ahina shaft... Amazing! Me and my buddy both hit it today at Golfsmith and wow.. All I can say

- VR Pro LTD - 9.5 Ahina X

- VR_S 3, 5 woods - Fubuki X

- VR Pro Combo - 3-Pw S300's
nike.gif - VR VRev Wedges - 52, 58 

- Method 001 - 34in.

- 20XI-S

- 20XI Staff Bag

mee tooo!!!!!

i was a sceptic at first until i hit it up against my 909 today heres what i found i am a pretty high spin player, and to be honest with you, i couldnt get my spin below 4400rpm w the 909 and a LA of 16 and side spin of 1700 on the LM it was a pure balloon machine (more than likely shaft...BUT) i tried the Kai'li, Ahina, PJX and RIP all heads were the D3 and stiff flex well first and formost, my workout plan and swing fan routine have made drastic improvements on my SS i didnt get one uner 108 today, peaking at 116....couldnt believe it either....average was about 110 tho this is good coming, up from a 99-103 average or so best combo was the Kai'li for me (only got to try stiff as we wont get a fitting cart) got my numbers down to 3200rpm, LA of 13 and sidespin of -400...and an average smash factor of 1.49-1.52 (all good numbers IMO) even my 905T i spun it around 3800 LA of 15 .....so to see these numbers out of a stiff i was pumped i ordered an X to bring the spin and LA down just a tad more and to still be there if i decide to go at one i have enough in birthday GC (i turned 30 today the 3rd) and w xmas coming, all i asked for was golf town GC's....so im good wont have to pay a dime for it - this was my only reason to buy it...never had a current model driver or any club for that matter...guess it was time! im pretty stoked on it man this driver IS the real deal for sure the Kai'li is a mid to low spin and launch shaft i wanted the Ahina, but it spun LIKE CRAZY on me......on multiple different sessions w it
"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

best combo was the Kai'li for me (only got to try stiff as we wont get a fitting cart)

The machine that you were on needs to be re-calibrated or sent to the junkyard.

« Keith »

The machine that you were on needs to be re-calibrated or sent to the junkyard.

sarcasm is so hard to read in writing....i assume?

Regarding what, my SS or the spin numbers etc...????? i agree that it may not be EXACTLY spot ont, but really what else am i suppose to go off? where i live we dont have a fitting cart, a local Titleist rep or even SUPER knowledgeable staff...... (maybe 1 or 2 guys there know anything) but anyways......i dont need to explain and i dont understand your post

sarcasm is so hard to read in writing....i assume?

Crap, thought I bolded the smash factor portion. Maximum smash factor with a 0.830 COR driver is 1.50. That's why I said the machine is in need of calibration if it was spewing out smash factors in that range.

« Keith »

The computation of smash factor is dependent on the accurate recording of club head speed at the sweet spot, in my admittedly limited understanding. From what I've gleaned, every +/-1 mph variance affects smash factor by roughly 0.03 and a launch monitor measuring even slightly toward the heel can easily understate by 5 - 6 mph, so readings of over 1.5 are entirely possible.

Personally, though, I like to think that Enis just hits it too pure , like whatshisface on Big Break.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

i am a pretty high spin player, and to be honest with you, i couldnt get my spin below 4400rpm w the 909 and a LA of 16 and side spin of 1700

That is a TON of spin for an 8.5 head (in your 909). What is was your average angle of attack into the ball?

Spin for me w/a 910 D3 8.5/PX 6.0 combo averaged 2650, 2730 with my R7 TP. I picked up a few yards with the 910, and the feel/dispersion was great. But not quite enough to bag it just yet.

In the Bag: TaylorMade R11 TP - TaylorMade R7 TP TS - Cleveland Halo - TM TP 2009 3-PW - Vokey SM 52 - Vokey SM 60 - Rife Barbados CS - ProV1x 

On the Computer:  Analyzr Pro 

Crap, thought I bolded the smash factor portion. Maximum smash factor with a 0.830 COR driver is 1.50. That's why I said the machine is in need of calibration if it was spewing out smash factors in that range.

ahhh......sorry yea wasnt bolded

Personally, though, I like to think that Enis just hits it

my thoughts exactly.... ;)

That is a TON of spin for an 8.5 head (in your 909). What is was your average angle of attack into the ball?

wish i could tell you

i didnt get a print out my my session........ but i agree it is a ton of spin from the 909 head figured may be the shaft....but also a low spin low lauch shaft.....i couldnt see it tho i guess you can only read SO much into things on a launch monitor tho

Yesterday I played my first round with my 910 D2 (RIP 60) and I am very pleased. Distance is about the same as my 907 D2 but way more forgiving. Reminds me of my 905r but longer and easier to hit consistently. For me it is a winner.

I was wondering about that. I have a 909D2 that I love and hit pretty well.

I don't think I need to spend $400 on another driver just because it's adjustable.
The 910's are black adjustable 909's

I was wondering about that. I have a 909D2 that I love and hit pretty well.

I don't think this claim is 100% valid. The 909 is a great head, but the feel of the face and sound of the 910 is hugely different than the 909.

In the Bag: TaylorMade R11 TP - TaylorMade R7 TP TS - Cleveland Halo - TM TP 2009 3-PW - Vokey SM 52 - Vokey SM 60 - Rife Barbados CS - ProV1x 

On the Computer:  Analyzr Pro 

You may be right, delav. I guess I'll have to check it out for myself. I have to admit though. I do like the cosmetics of the 910.

Looks badass in black.
I don't think this claim is 100% valid. The 909 is a great head, but the feel of the face and sound of the 910 is hugely different than the 909.

Note: This thread is 4813 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!