IGNORED

Titleist 910 Drivers

wrx_junki
Note: This thread is 4809 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Instant club lust.

In the Bag: TaylorMade R11 TP - TaylorMade R7 TP TS - Cleveland Halo - TM TP 2009 3-PW - Vokey SM 52 - Vokey SM 60 - Rife Barbados CS - ProV1x 

On the Computer:  Analyzr Pro 

do it D, do it...... don't be afraid ;)

Can't man. Gotta goal to hit before that.

In the Bag: TaylorMade R11 TP - TaylorMade R7 TP TS - Cleveland Halo - TM TP 2009 3-PW - Vokey SM 52 - Vokey SM 60 - Rife Barbados CS - ProV1x 

Interesting. I ask because I ordered in the 910D3 on Monday after hitting it on the monitor on Sunday (to cold in Toronto to hit outside right now). My SS is 119 but am afraid that the dead feeling you speak of may be true as in hindsight, the monitor could've easily been calibrated to make the numbers seem better. While I highly doubt this, the possibly is certainly there. Everything however did feel good on contact vs. my 907D2. I'll report back when the driver comes in next week.

My driver finally came in and I decided to go with the D2 with the project X 73CS Tour Issue shaft. I played 3 rounds with it this week in Florida and didn't miss a fairway. The Project X shaft is just stellar (great control) and combined with the 910D2 head is fantastic as the head was longer than my 907D2. First round I had it set to the D1 setting and was hitting a slight fade. On the range before my second round, I changed the setting to C2 which gave me .75 upright lie and my shots were going much straighter. The ability to adjust like that on the fly before a round on the range is absolutley incredible. I haven't paid full pop for a drvier ever ( I got my 907 D2 used and same with the 983 beofre that) and am happy than ever that I paid full retail for this driver as it will be in the bad for years to come. Also, the sound of the driver when you hit it on the sweet spot is stellar

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

My driver finally came in and I decided to go with the D2 with the project X 73CS Tour Issue shaft. I played 3 rounds with it this week in Florida and didn't miss a fairway. The Project X shaft is just stellar (great control) and combined with the 910D2 head is fantastic as the head was longer than my 907D2. First round I had it set to the D1 setting and was hitting a slight fade. On the range before my second round, I changed the setting to C2 which gave me .75 upright lie and my shots were going much straighter. The ability to adjust like that on the fly before a round on the range is absolutley incredible. I haven't paid full pop for a drvier ever ( I got my 907 D2 used and same with the 983 beofre that) and am happy than ever that I paid full retail for this driver as it will be in the bad for years to come. Also, the sound of the driver when you hit it on the sweet spot is stellar

Oh you guys....

These reviews are making me giddy lol. I cannot wait till next Saturday. Im counting down the hours til my fitting the Monday after Christmas lol. Yesterday I played in 25mph wind guests. If I had the ability to decrease the loft of my driver for a more penetrating ball flight before the round it really would have been beneficial. My local fitter told me this is the best driver he has fit this year. He has fit 35 910 drivers since the release date in November, so he is well versed on the settings already.

Kyle Paulhus

If you really want to get better, check out Evolvr

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

Career Low Round: 67 (18 holes), 32 (9 holes)

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I'm glad to hear all the positive feedback on the 910's. Incidently the 909's in my area finally dropped in price. Looking at picking a used 909 15.5* for $119 in near mint condition. Thank you 910's!

yea im stoked everyone is pleased with it
seems to be the general consensus

mines in but cant pick it up till after xmas.....the rules u know?? ;) heheh!

stoked up to try it out in Phoenix this winter
"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

anyone know for sure if the shafts in these 910's can be changed around? my buddy bought a d3 9.5 (with an R flex) and doesnt like it, i was thinking of picking it up and changing out the shaft from another buddy of mine who has the d2 9.5 (with an S flex).

anyone know if changing these shafts out is this possible?

the shafts are both the

Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana Kai'li 65

Carry Bag
G10 Driver
G10 3 Wood
MP 60 Irons (4 - PW)
Eye 2 Sand Wedge Scotty Cameron Fast Back Putter Pro V1 & Pro V1x Balls ICON Shoes Gloves

I don't think that the hosel dimensions are particular to either head. At a fitting session, the pro was swapping heads and shafts for me between the two.

anyone know for sure if the shafts in these 910's can be changed around? my buddy bought a d3 9.5 (with an R flex) and doesnt like it, i was thinking of picking it up and changing out the shaft from another buddy of mine who has the d2 9.5 (with an S flex).

Yes, they can be swapped in and out of either head. Basically the same as the R9's currently work.

Which is both awesome and incredibly dangerous if you like to tinker around like I do. Oh well, I'm pretty sure I hate my money anyway.

Driver: 910D3 - Oban Kiyoshi 75 X / 909D3 - Oban Devotion 7 X
3 Wood: R9 TP - Oban Devotion 8 05
Hybrid: 909H - Project X Graphite
Irons: 4-6 AP2 - Project X 6.5 / 7-W MB - Project X 6.5
Wedges: Scratch 1018 52/56/60 KBS Tour XPutter: SC Button Back Newport 34" / SC Del Mar 34" / SC SS Newport...

Which is both awesome and incredibly dangerous if you like to tinker around like I do. Oh well, I'm pretty sure I hate my money anyway.

Anyone know if existing shafts can be converted? I'm fairly certain this will be my next driver and I'd like to pull the Fuji Motore from my R7.

Anyone know if existing shafts can be converted? I'm fairly certain this will be my next driver and I'd like to pull the Fuji Motore from my R7.

Yes, I'm using a shaft I had in an R9 right now actually. A good club fitter can pull the tip from your 910 and put it on any .335" diameter shaft.

Plus there are tips showing up everywhere so you can do that as well.

Driver: 910D3 - Oban Kiyoshi 75 X / 909D3 - Oban Devotion 7 X
3 Wood: R9 TP - Oban Devotion 8 05
Hybrid: 909H - Project X Graphite
Irons: 4-6 AP2 - Project X 6.5 / 7-W MB - Project X 6.5
Wedges: Scratch 1018 52/56/60 KBS Tour XPutter: SC Button Back Newport 34" / SC Del Mar 34" / SC SS Newport...

You guys need to shut the hell up. They are nearly $600 down here.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

You guys need to shut the hell up. They are nearly $600 down here.

They're

only $399 here :)

Kyle Paulhus

:callaway: Rogue ST 10.5* | :callaway: Epic Sub Zero 15* | :tmade: P790 3 Driving Iron |:titleist: 716 AP2 |  :edel: Wedges 50/54/68 | :edel: Deschutes 36"

They're

Or $250 come golf season on eBay :)

The fact that you can play with lie, loft, face angle and shafts easily really encourages me to buy this sucker gently used.

Im paying full price because I really want to get fit and see which combos give me the best numbers. I can always play around with it after, but I want to know what my "ideal" fit is. Plus, I have never been fit for a driver, so I want to make sure I have the right shaft.

Kyle Paulhus

thanks for the heads up on the changing of the shafts and heads on these 910's! pretty cool that they give you the different options to play with.

i am assuming this can be done in the comfort of your own home as long as you have the tool they give you when you buy the driver?

Carry Bag
G10 Driver
G10 3 Wood
MP 60 Irons (4 - PW)
Eye 2 Sand Wedge Scotty Cameron Fast Back Putter Pro V1 & Pro V1x Balls ICON Shoes Gloves

Or $250 come golf season on eBay :)

That is exactly it as the adjustment capabilities makes buying one an easy decision. Getting fitted however is cool because they set the graphics on the shaft based on your setting. I.e. I was the D1 setting and the Project X graphics were perfectly set right underneath the shaft at address so it wasn't visible.

Deryck Griffith

Titleist 910 D3: 9.5deg GD Tour AD DI7x | Nike Dymo 3W: 15deg, UST S-flex | Mizuno MP CLK Hybrid: 20deg, Project X Tour Issue 6.5, HC1 Shaft | Mizuno MP-57 4-PW, DG X100 Shaft, 1deg upright | Cleveland CG15 Wedges: 52, 56, 60deg | Scotty Cameron California Del Mar | TaylorMade Penta, TP Black LDP, Nike 20XI-X

Note: This thread is 4809 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!