IGNORED

Im thinking of getting a backupset of irons

Note: This thread is 4899 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. Burners or x-20s

• burners
    • X-20s

The guys wants another set of irons, probably to a.) to travel with (hence the durability concern), b.) to leave somewhere he visits occasionally (hence the forgiveness), c.) to play courses that are a bit sketchy and he doesn't want to damage his good irons, or even d.) to loan to a friend or co-worker because that's the only way he can get the lazy oafs out on the course.

He said he wants a "backup" set. That's not the same as saying "another" set. It's not a semantic argument. Not even an argument. I couldn't give shit what irons he wants. Less still what other people tell him he should have. A "backup set" is what he said he wanted, and obviously, "backup sets" should be identical.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

He said he wants a "backup" set. That's not the same as saying "another" set. It's not a semantic argument. Not even an argument. I couldn't give shit what irons he wants. Less still what other people tell him he should have. A "backup set" is what he said he wanted, and obviously, "backup sets" should be identical.

There should be a Sand Trap glossary so that people can ask legitimate questions without other people questioning their motives.

Could it be possible that the OP doesn't have the current edition of The Sand Trap Dictionary? Perhaps he's unaware of the faux pas he's just commited and the subsequent ripple effect down under.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Could it be possible that the OP doesn't have the current edition of The Sand Trap Dictionary? Perhaps he's unaware of the faux pas he's just commited and the subsequent ripple effect down under.

You seem to be determined to make a big deal out of this. And you're trying to make me look pedantic when it's actually you. I'm getting very used to it.

I'll be sure that all of my responses in future are either: "Congrats man." or "Awesome man." Then we'll be able to get down to the nitty gritty about important issues like what driver Joe Bloggs should buy (even though we've never met him), whether red tees make your drives go further and why "Scotties" are "the best". I could even try to prove that I play off 29 because I can't putt but average 300 yards off the tee. These sorts of questions or comments woud never draw any criticism from you. You can just focus on being "positive", avoiding negativity and bashing sensitive Aussies like myself.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

You seem to be determined to make a big deal out of this.

Haha - you've got that backwards. Next time don't quote my comment when you critique the OP's terminology or general intelligence. Like I already said (twice), who friggin' cares, since you knew damned well what he meant!?!

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

You seem to be determined to make a big deal out of this. And you're trying to make me look pedantic when it's actually you. I'm getting very used to it.

Yeah-you knew what the OP meant. No need to be snarky just for the sake of it.

I've got 4 sets of irons, all different. The three I'm not playing at the moment are my backups .

You seem to be determined to make a big deal out of this.

Emphasis added to the portion appearing after my response in post #26. I'd suggest that anyone who's offended by innocent or naive equipment queries should avoid them like the plague. No sense getting worked up over something or someone who, and I could be going out on a limb here, has more important things in life to worry about than what a couple of interweb douchenozzles think about their motivation for buying a second set of irons or a new driver.

Emphasis added to the portion appearing after my response in post #26.

agreed. I like the equipment queries on the forum and I enjoy the new clubs that come out by companies in the game of golf. Golf wouldnt be the same without all the sweet clubs

agreed. I like the equipment queries on the forum and I enjoy the new clubs that come out by companies in the game of golf. Golf wouldnt be the same without all the sweet clubs

Amen-where would 90% of this forum be without the tremendous variety of equipment (new and old)?

I voted for the X-20 but I personally think you can find better irons for good value out there just as forgiving. Let me know if you want some suggestions.

Please do, Im tired of the fighting to be honest

I like the fact that I learned the word "pendantic" today. I do like speculation questions and giving my two cents on these type of questions. I also know that certain people's rods up their asses, have rods up it's ass. Shorty I think you have become jaded with the golf talk of this nature and probably should avoid our nonsensical banter.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4899 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!