IGNORED

Hello there from Ireland

Note: This thread is 3852 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi everbody just joined the fun on there fourm here i start play golf about 2 months ago and just got addiceted to it so here i am geting my fix on the fourm ha ha ha

hi and look foward to geting good advice on the fourm here

Welcome ! You come to the right place ! All info on golf can be found here ! Enjoy your game, don't rush...take your time, get a coach to learn and enjoy playing with your friends and family !

Note: This thread is 3852 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Want to join this community?

We'd love to have you!

• Support TST Affiliates

TourStriker PlaneMate
    Golfer's Journal
    Whoop
    SuperSpeed
    FlightScope Mevo
    Use the code "iacas" for 10% off Mevo and the code "iacasjun21" for 10% off SuperSpeed.
  • Popular Now

• Aaahhh, gotcha.  I knew he'd used the original system, that should make his transition a little easier than mine.  Maybe.
    • I mean, to be clear, I just gave him one. So he's as new at it as you will be. And he plays a lot more infrequently. 😄
    • I would think this is a task to be done before the final vote on the issue.  Its one thing to have the small group define an intention, the details may take a while to work through.  
    • This. I totally agree. Again, if you can read your book or read the green or stick up your fingers (aim point), I don't mind at all. Just enforce pace of play. 
    • I have two thoughts. First, @DaveP043, the PGA Tour could request from the USGA a Local Rule or a "waiver" or whatever it's called. The USGA might just add it to the Model Local Rules. You can implement a bunch of Local Rules, the "Models" are just the ones you can copy/paste and don't really need "permission" to use. If the PGA Tour bans them I imagine the USGA/R&A might adopt or help them craft the language for a new Model Local Rule. The second thought is this: who cares what they've got written down if you enforce pace of play policies? Green reading charts aren't just used to putt - players use them in the fairways, or on the tees of par threes. Writing a Local Rule against them may be difficult. If the true problem is "slow play" then fix that. If the true problem is "de-skilling" the game, then they may go the Local Rule route. @ncates00, this topic ain't about arm lock putting, and nobody is saying "putting is easy." They're saying "green reading should be a skill" (with no real evidence that players who use green reading books putt any better than those who don't).
  • Today's Birthdays

1. Josh90
      Josh90
      (31 years old)
    2. Maj Mike Jones
      Maj Mike Jones
      (77 years old)
    3. mattm16
      mattm16
      (43 years old)

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...