IGNORED

Pure Ball Striker Training Aid

iacas
Note: This thread is 1182 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by The Gill

I had one. I used to keep in in my golf bag, but now it's gone...

If you want a "poor man's" PBS:

Cut a golf ball in half with a hack saw.

Cut a "V" in one of the hemisheres

Bingo. You now have a PBS.

Works better with a solid rubber ball you can grab at any dollar store. and BTY if you do step #2 twice you have a BOGO

Driver R7 Superquad NV 55 shaft or Bridgestone J33 460 NV 75 shaft
3 and 5 Wood X
Hybrid original Fli Hi 21* or FT 22*
Irons AP2
Wedges Vokey 52* - 8 , 56* 14, 60*-7Putter California CoranodoBall TP RedGPS NeoRange Finder- Bushnell Tour V2 When Chuck Norris puts spin on the ball, the ball does not...

Works very well. Didn't have access to a rubber ball, they might be more difficult to work with too. Haven't had any trouble with the homemade PBS falling off yet. Should I run into such problems, I could glue some rubbery stuff on the inside to make it stick better.

I did recieve my PBS, but wanted to try making one myself. Also had some time to spare, watching the World Championship in cross-country.

http://assets.thesandtrap.com.s3.amazonaws.com/8/8d/1000x500px-LL-8d63218c_zeph_pbs.JPG

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Double post here, but thought I'd write a small review. I haven't actually tried the PBS itself yet, got the homemade above and another homemade, which is smaller than the PBS, but rubbery and very nice. What I immediately noticed when swinging with it was increased distance. I've had some good distance before with the irons when working on other stuff, with the PBS I was as long, or even longer. I also hit the ball very well, it felt solid and nice. Can take some time getting used to, but I was surprised I hit it as well as I did out of the box. Haven't had the chance to hit it on grass yet, or video tape a swing, have to wait for the spring first. Still, this is one of the best training aids I've tried so far. It's simple, cheap and gives good results. I'm really excited at working with this when the season starts. Flipping has always been one of my trouble areas, and I've struggled with finding a good solution. The PBS is the most promising so far. I still flip, getting a bit high launch angle, but my clubhead speed has increased through impact. It's too bad about the problems with delivery, hope he gets it sorted out. If you aren't able to get hold of one, it is fairly easy to create one yourself from something rubbery.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Originally Posted by Zeph

Works very well. Didn't have access to a rubber ball, they might be more difficult to work with too. Haven't had any trouble with the homemade PBS falling off yet. Should I run into such problems, I could glue some rubbery stuff on the inside to make it stick better.

I did recieve my PBS, but wanted to try making one myself. Also had some time to spare, watching the World Championship in cross-country.

Would that work with a foam practice ball? I wonder if that would be firm enough.

Don't know how your foam ball looks or feels. May not work as well if the material is too soft, I'm not sure. Might work better, I haven't tried any. From my experience so far, hard rubber works very well. I used a Brattberg piece , which is some sort of rubber. You can bend it, but it's hard. Easy to work with, but durable, just try something you have lying around. The important points for me is that it sticks somewhat to the grip, is small enough, and got a rubbery surface which somewhat resemble a grip. Here is a picture of the second PBS I made, which is better than the ball version, smaller and more rubbery. I have tried some rubbery training golf balls, those would probably work. What I like about this one is that it's smaller than the original PBS.

I thought I'd try creating one myself. Started out with hacksawing old Dunlop balls in half but could never get a decent cut; even when clamped so I left that one and tried one of the cats' toys:

http://i56.tinypic.com/14e6ibp.jpg

Simple enough to cut, seems to grip the club well enough so as not to slide around but give feedback. I'll report back when time allows me to go to the range to try it out on full swings. The only downside I can see so far is that the ball's hollow so it may not hold up well under strain but we'll see. I'll also keep my eyes peeled for one of those really bouncy bouncy-balls you can get for kids toys. I'd assume they're soft enough to cut, quite grippy but also solid. Hmmm....

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

You should only have to get it close then hit it with a rasp or a Dremel.

titleistprov1x |nikeneo |●| callawayx-forged 54/60 |● |mizunoMP68

adamsproblack 3H |●| mizunoMPtitanium5w/3w |●| mizunoMP630FT

I was one of the many who were able to get the PBS and I've been practicing very well with it...

My last range session on Saturyday I was extremely pleased with the results.  I've finally know how a flush shot feels and I am really impressed with this training aid.  What I'm most impressed with lately is how consistent my shots have been from Driver down to my wedges.  I have nothing but great things to say with the PBS, this thing does work wonders..Unfortunately some of you on the board here will have to make a homemade version...

Cant wait to actually hit outside and see the ball flight....

ogio.gif Black/White Ozone Stand bag, Caddytek 13.5 Black/Red Push Cart

taylormade.gif RBZ Tour 9* Stiff / ping.gifRapture 3 'metal' Titanium 14* Stiff Aldila Proto VS 'By You'
adams.gif Hybrid A2 20*3 hybrid Stiff Aldila VS / ping.gifRapture Black Dot 4-PW Stiff / cleveland.gifWedges CG11 54* SW / taylormade.gif RAC 52*, 58*Wedge / odyssey.gif  33" White Hot XG

Originally Posted by iacas

As Lynn Blake says in the video below, "You start to throw the club. You set up convulsive throwing pressures instead of steady driving pressures. It's all about pressure.... It's all about pressures in your hands. You have to sustain the driving pressures in your hands."

iacas,

Thanks for posting the video of Lynn Blake, basic motion, acquired motion etc.

I did get the PBS, but it's been cold and wet here so I haven't been out to the range and this post isn't about the PBS as much as it is about the fundamentals shown in that video.

When I'm hitting it poorly, the fault is always casting the club with a little over the top move.  Made a last minute decision to get out for a round Saturday as the weather was supposed to be decent.  I showed up as a walk on and it was going to be about an hour and a half before they could get me out.  I took to the range with this video in mind and worked on the basic motion and acquired motion through a large bucket. When moving to the acquired motion I found that another fault was not taking the club back in one piece with my torso and that caused pulled shots.  Taking it back in one piece got the club coming though from the inside at impact.

Got another bucket and tried to transition to a full swing.  Most of the time it broke down, but I REALLY know what to work on now.  During my round I took the "feeling" I had at the range.  I wasn't trying to score so much as hit the solid shot.  For the most part I took an extra club or two and hit 3/4 shots with my irons throughout the round.  Some shots where I got it all correct, the ball was flighted so much better than any full shot I've made in a long time,  On occasion the 3/4 shot was hit longer than a full swing for a given club.  While I didn't concentrate so much on feeling lag pressure, I did concentrate on a one piece take away, flat left wrist towards the target and hands ahead of the club head at impact.  I was striking it so much better that the grooves were scuffing the cover of the ball, and it's been a while since I did that.

I truly believe that I have found the blueprint for curing a lot that ails my swing through your posting of these videos.

THANKS!

• Administrator

Originally Posted by pbailey

I truly believe that I have found the blueprint for curing a lot that ails my swing through your posting of these videos.

THANKS!

You're welcome, but all I did was post some videos made by others. :-) Take care.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

so can anyone here confirm if the problems were sorted out?? If I order this aid will I actually get it or am I throwing my hard earned dollars away to a product I will never get?

In my bag:
Titleist 910D2 w/Diamana Kaali'Stiff
Titleist 910F w/ Diamana Kaali' Stiff
Titleist 910F Hybrid 19 degree w/ Diamana Kaali' Stiff

Titleist AP1 Irons - TT S300
Titleist Vokey SM 50, 54 & 58 - Titleist Scott Cameron Newport

Originally Posted by johnthejoiner

Why don't people just make one with some tape and a folded paper tissue, oh and that'll be $10 for the info

You could also fold a tissue into a small pad and tape it to your forefinger like a ring

For those of you trying to make homemade versions of the PBS keep in mind that the design of the original does two things:
1. Helps you feel the lag pressure against your pp3
2. Forces you to maintain that lag pressure through impact , otherwise the PBS can fall off

If your homemade device attaches solidly to the shaft ( or your finger)  then you could be missing out on the feedback of #2.

You may feel the pressure at the top of your backswing yet still "flip" through impact but "feel" some pressure even though you could have lost most (even all) of your pp3 pressure.

Try to make it more of a loose fit on the shaft so you have to keep pressure on it during a swing to stay in place.

Remember, the goal is to feel that pressure on the backswing and maintain it ( or increase it) through the ball.

These balls are the best for making the PBS. Almost Golf Balls. They are made of a hard foam so they are easy to cut but will maintain there form.

2172721397_6b0107f83d.jpg

Here is a pic of mine. Works Great!

PBS.jpg

• Upvote 3

5 Simple Keys® Associate

"Golf is not a game of great shots. It's a game of the most accurate misses.

The people who win make the smallest mistakes." - Gene Littler

Considering the owner/crook is a member here and has contributed to this thread really makes it all the more irritating he is is taking payments and not sending products.
I guess I’ll start the PayPal charge reversal process...

Driver: Ping K15 10°, Mitsubishi Diamana Blueboard 63g Stiff
Fairway 4-wood: TaylorMade RocketBallz Tour TP 17.5°, Matrix Ozik TP7HD S shaft

Hybrids: Callaway Diablo Edge 3H-4H, Aldila DVS Stiff
Irons: MIURA PP-9003, Dynamic Gold Superlite S300, Sand Wedge: Scratch 8620 56°
Putter: Nike Method Concept Belly 44"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B330-S

Originally Posted by JerseyThursday

Considering the owner/crook is a member here and has contributed to this thread really makes it all the more irritating he is is taking payments and not sending products.

This really is not on. I was lucky to get mine just after the Christmas period.

I know I've mentioned this before, I think in this thread, but an excellent training aid (even better than the PBS) is The Key by Dr. Gary Wiren. It is almost impossible to flip with it and it forces you to use your body to hit it straight. It really sets the right wrist throughout the swing. Give it a go!

"Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." – Winston Churchill

Originally Posted by JerseyThursday

got my money back two weeks ago :) ...

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

Note: This thread is 1182 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!