IGNORED

2010 Chevron World Challenge

wrx_junki
Note: This thread is 4885 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

That was a good finish! I've never been a Tiger fan. I respect his insane talent, but that's where it stops. That being said, it's always better to watch when he's in the hunt. 2011 should be a great year for the tour.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was great to see someone rise to the challenge and not fold under the pressure. GMac is for real...I really thought he was making a huge mistake on the par three, but somehow he got up and down. I had a feeling when he hit that last putt on 18 that it was in the hole. It makes for great golf lore when you hear of these kind of epic battles. It takes nothing from Tiger...remember how many times Nicklaus finished second.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

Just came back from the event. The last hole was very exciting. Will never forget that putt by GMac.

Driver SuperFast Burner 2.0  10.5 

Wood SuperFast Burner 2.0  15

nike.gif Hybrids SQ Sumo Hybrid #3, #4
ping.gifIrons G15 Iron #5 - Pw 
cleveland.gif Wedge CG15 50, 52, 56
odyssey.gifPutter White Steel 2 Ball SRT Putter

What a great tournament, looking forwad to 2011. Tiger got a little 'loose' in the middle, that double-bogey 7 on the par-5 13th was just plain stupid. But, he rebounded well and hit some really solid shots down the stretch. I told my wife that G-Mac was 'gritty' just before he got up-and-down on 17 and told her I bet he'd make those putts on 18, too. He was clutch!

I think the loss was 'good' for Tiger, he got a taste of being in the hunt again, realized that he can hit the shots with his new swing, and it should fuel his practice during the off-season. I think he'll work even harder since he lost bue he saw that the swing improvements are working.

In my :nike:  bag on my :clicgear: cart ...

Driver: :ping: G10 9*    3-Wood: :cleveland: Launcher
Hybrid: :adams: 20* Hybrid      Irons: :ping: i5 4-GW - silver dot, +1/2"
Wedges: :cleveland: 56* (bent to 54*) and 60* CG10     Putter: :ping: Craz-e (original blue)

What a finish. I haven't been that tuned into a tournament for a few months now. Graeme's up and down bogey-save on 17 was one of the best of the year. He got a couple fortunate hops on other tee shots, but the putter was lights out. I still can't believe he made the 2nd putt.

Tiger played well in spurts but broke down a little bit in his swing late in the tournament. Then he made one of the only clutch shots he has made all season, and it was a beauty. But Graeme was having none of that!

The Tour may be back, gentlemen.

Brandon

Brandon a.k.a. Tony Stark

-------------------------

The Fastest Flip in the West

I'm glad Graeme will be playing on the PGA tour. Hopefully more duels to come next year.

Good year for GMac, 2 European Tour wins, 1 major, and the Chevron obviously. More to see in 2011?

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

WOW,what a finish,great stuff g-mac,great battle.Woods as usual a gracious looser.Two great sportsmen.

aeroburner tp 10.5 stiff
superfast tp 2.0 3 wood stiff
Halo 25 and taylormade tp 19 degree hybrids
miura cb 202 and wedge
tp 52* wedge, tp 56* taylormade spider mallet putter

Haven't seen tiger have a meltdown on a sunday like that in ages apart from the 2009 PGA championship.

Nice one Gmac.

My Clubs
Driver - LV4 10* R flex
Wood - sam snead persimmon 2 wood (for windy days)
Hybrid burner tour launch 20* stiff flex.
Irons - Tour Mode 3i,4i stiffIrons - FP's 5-PW R-flexWedge - spin milled 54.14Wedge - spin milled 60.07Putter - Victoria Lowest round 2010: 79 (par 70)Latest rounds at...

I love how how Graeme threw Tiger a "Nice shot mate." after Tiger hit that sick approack on the last regulation hole. Really classy.

I wanted tiger to win though, and then watch all the credit go to Sean Foley and Nike Methods.

WITB:

Fast 10 10.5* Driver  |  adams.gif Fast 10 15* 3 Wood  |  adams.gif Idea V3 19* Hybrid  |  titleist.gif 710 AP1 4-GW  |    55* and 60* Wedges  |  Lajosi KLP7J Putter

I wanted tiger to win though, and then watch all the credit go to Sean Foley and Nike Methods.

if tiger had won, it wouldnt have been for the Nike Methods at all...

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I know, he missed many putts he shouldn't have. But it's the putter that would have been in his hands in every picture of him when he rolled the final put for the win and the subsequent fist pumps.

WITB:

Fast 10 10.5* Driver  |  adams.gif Fast 10 15* 3 Wood  |  adams.gif Idea V3 19* Hybrid  |  titleist.gif 710 AP1 4-GW  |    55* and 60* Wedges  |  Lajosi KLP7J Putter

• Administrator
Haven't seen tiger have a meltdown on a sunday like that in ages apart from the 2009 PGA championship.

Yeah, he really faltered down the stretch, sticking it to 18 inches on the last.

He lost his swing in the middle of the round and had two three-putts early. You must have a different version of the word "meltdown." BTW, the odds of McDowell making both of the putts he made on 18 are roughly 1 in 40. Throw in the up and down on 17 and the odds go to 1 in 400.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

was neat to see Tiger play well again
i dont care what others think, he is one of the best in the game and to hit it close like that on 18 to possibly win....simply incredible

NOW...that being said......

im pumped G-MAc won (was rooting for him the whole time ;) )
regardless of the odds, dude has mad skills and i respect the crap outta him abd his game
to be able to make back to back clutch putts to win over Tiger Woods has to be the greatest feeling inthe entire world - more than the US open or Ryder Cup
HE BEAT THE BEST in his backyard - kudos to you Gmac...i mean G MONEY (cause those putts were money!)
"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

Odyssey White Hot #7 FTW (again!).

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

was neat to see Tiger play well again

Not sure about that bit I bolded. He seemed to enjoy those other big wins too. He's definitely shown himself to be a class act ever since his first win of the season.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Note: This thread is 4885 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!