IGNORED

Does this bridge between driver and 3iron make sense?

Note: This thread is 3702 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My driver is a 9.5. I probably get it out 270-290 on average when I dont banana it into the woods. My 3 iron is 21* bent to 20*. I'm thinking about getting a 3 wood and a hybrid to bridge the gap.

Thinking 15* 3 wood and 17* hybrid. Does that sound OK to yall? I've never used hybrids or woods before. I just used a 3 iron as my longest non-driver and made the best out of it.

THanks

Doesn't sound bad... I go Driver, 3W (15 degree), and then 3 and 4 hybrid which I use to replace my 3 and 4 irons. The 17 degree is a pretty good idea... or you could leave it out and close the gap between your PW and SW.
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Driver, 3W, 5W, hybrid works well for me. The 3W is great on tighter par 4's. The 5W gives me a good chance at many par 5's. The hybrid has many uses, but doesn't give the distance of the 5W on par 5's. Much to think about man. Most of which depends entirely on your strengths/weakness and also the type of courses you play. Research this one good before buying anything.

-Dan

I have a 15* deg 3w and a 17* hybrid. I am thinking on changing my 3w because I am hitting the hybrid better and almost the same distance. I think it is because the flew is a little weak for my swing, but with properly fitted clubs this is a good combination.

My driver is a 9.5. I probably get it out 270-290 on average when I dont banana it into the woods. My 3 iron is 21* bent to 20*. I'm thinking about getting a 3 wood and a hybrid to bridge the gap.

Not sure about "yall", but you probably could have gone with just the hybrid.

Sounds like a good setup. I've had Driver-3W-4H-5H, Driver 2W- 4W- 7W, etc. Now I like having fairway woods and a hybrid, for versatility. Go with the clubs that give you the most confidence to fill those gaps yardage wise, there are many lofts to help you get there.

Sometimes people get too hung up on loft and having 4-6 degrees between all clubs. It would be more useful to know how far you hit those "bridge" clubs, because distance is what you are after. With my last bag, I had driver to 4 wood to 4 iron and it worked out well.

Sometimes people get too hung up on loft and having 4-6 degrees between all clubs. It would be more useful to know how far you hit those "bridge" clubs, because distance is what you are after. With my last bag, I had driver to 4 wood to 4 iron and it worked out well.

Yardage, trajectory, and workability.

For me, a 15* FW and 17* H are too similar to put together. The distance gap would possibly work, but the 2H doesn't go high enough. I'm no more likely to hold a green with a 2H than a choked down 3W. A 19* 5W or H does the trick though. It all really depends on the course, the player, and the day so we can't possibly give a definitive answer to the OP.

Its what you can hit. Ive got 10.5 deg driver, 14 deg 3w(which i seldom hit) 20 deg Hybrid, 23 deg hybrid, and 26 deg hybrid or 3, 4, and 5. I also have a 5 wood but I took it out of the bag months ago, couldnt hit it as well as my 3 wood for some reason, it was 19 deg. Hybrids do seem to be easier to get into the air and hit easier out of the rough so they're just more useful for me most of the time.

Note: This thread is 3702 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!