IGNORED

Your 2011 Golf Goals Official Thread

iacas
Note: This thread is 4588 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

scratch! but it's been such an up and down season so far... I've shot 2 under...and I've shot 22 over!

consistency

improve the following stats: f'way, GIR, sand recovery & bounce back... true story: i only hit 51% of fairways. I only hit 60% of GIR... my sand conversion is 50%. up & down is 60%

some pretty poor stats to get to scratch.

DJ Yoshi
Official DJ: Rutgers Football
Boost Mobile Tour
In My Bag
HiBoreXL 9.5 White Board D63 Stiff Exotics CB2 5 Wood, Exotics CB3 3 Wood MP-60 5.5 Flighted Shafts 54 & Cleveland CG-10 60 Newport 2

I am probably one of the few because I don't have any goals with regard to game improvement.  If anything, the closest thing I have as a goal is that my game doesn't get worse.........Hahahaha...No kidding!!

I do have quantity goals....IE....I have a goal to play 100+ rounds every year.  I've only failed to reach that goal once since the early 1990's.......and it was in 2010!!! (last year)

What's in Paul's Bag:
- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha Driver
- Big Bertha Alpha 815 3-wood
- Callaway Razr Fit 5-wood
- Callaway Big Bertha 4-5 Rescue Clubs
-- Mizuno Mx-25 six iron-gap wedge
- Mizuno Mp-T4 56degree SW
- Mizuno Mp-T11 60degree SW
- Putter- Ping Cadence Ketsch

1. Hit twice a week. Doesn't matter if it is on the range, lesson, putting green, or playing a round.
  2. Complete 18 holes without losing a ball
  3. Break 60 for nine holes. (Currently shooting 72)
  4. Be good enough to make par at the charity scramble my company particiaptes in in October (Basically shooting from my ball everytime)
  5. Get a friend who does not play to go the range with me at least twice.

Shoot scratch golf

Currently 23, playing off 24/25

now practising 3 times a week and playing usually twice a week, not much improvement yet, but getting there

set the goal high :D

:tmade: Driver: TM Superfast 2.0 - 9.5degree - Reg flex
:mizuno: 3 Wood: JPX800 - 16* Exhsar5 Stiff
:mizuno: 3 - PW: MP-67 Cut Muscle back - S300 stiff
:slazenger: Sand Wedge: 54degree, 12degree bounce
:slazenger: Lob Wedge: 60degree 10degree bounce
:ping: Putter: Karsten 1959 Anser 2 Toe weighted
:mizuno: Bag - Cart Style

Started in November of last year.. Current best round is 88.. I've only done that once so I'd definitely like to shoot in the low 80's at least once this year!

Would also like to get an eagle.. I'm a pretty long hitter, just not terribly consistent but an eagle isn't completely out of the question! Ah the joys of being 22. I can hit it a long ways, I just don't always know where it's going!

I guess my goal for 2011 5 months ago would have been to get back into golf. In the fall i want to make my hs golf team, i want to break 90 (currently haven't broken 100' but i consistently shoot 100-105 on 18 (always give up by the end) and i shoot 45 regularly when i play by myself. Id like to start losing a max of 1 ball per round, maybe record an eagle, improve my short game so it's at least respectable, oh and ge the white burner 2011 model :)

My 2011 goal is to shoot 80.  Right now I'm about 100.  4 weeks ago I was a 118 average.

I went from playing 2-3 times a month to 2-3 times a week.

I just purchased my membership at the local country club for the rest of 2011 and all of 2012...

I think this is n obtainable goal.

Member: Branch River Country Club

Taylormade Burner Superfast Driver

Warrior Custom 3 hybrid

Taylormade Burner Superlaunch Irons 4-PW

Taylormade White Smoke MC-72 putter

• 2 weeks later...

Break par for 18 holes. Have done it plenty of times on 9 but can't ever seem to do it for an entire round. Last year I was going in to 18 at even thinking I could easily make birdie (short par 5, was really comfortable that day) and ended up bogeying for a 73. Have made a few changes over the past two weeks adopting some concepts of Sean Foley as well as S&T.; In my first round since making the changes I shot 81 from 7150 tees in winds gusting up to 40 mph all day. Couldn't putt to save my life! But, driving the ball never felt better. I am confident that if I can put everything together, breaking par is a realistic goal, and who knows... maybe even break 70!

Kip

“Golf is a game that is played on a five-inch course--the distance between your ears.“ -Bobby Jones

TaylorMade R9 Superdeep TP 10.5* w/Aldila RIP 70-X TaylorMade V-Steel 15* w/MAS Ultralite 65-X Titleist AP2 3-P upright 0.5* w/ Project X 6.0 +1" TaylorMade Rac TP 52* 8* bounce Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54* 11* bounce, 60* 7* bounce Titleist Scotty Cameron Studio Design #5

• 4 weeks later...

Where I'm at:

• 11 Index
  • Driving is poor
  • Irons/wedges are pretty good

Goals for 2011:

• Get to a 9.0 index or lower - currently 9.9 - getting there
  • Play more than once a week - too expensive
  • Work on driving the ball and getting it in play - getting better, but streaky
  • Break 80 at least 5 times - done it once

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

my goals are:

- to achieve at least a 75% win percentage for my club team this season (currently 100% after 6 matches)

- get down to a handicap of around 4

- improve driving accuracy

910D2 9.5 Stiff

906F3 PT 3 wood Stiff

Pro100 Blades 3-PW X100

Vintage 52 and 60 wedge

C67

i only have one goal.... Make less 3 putts... those are killing me

Driver:  R9 SuperTri 10.5*

Fairway:  R7 3wood 13*

Hybrid:  Super Hybrid 17*

Irons: CG Reds

Wedges: Vr 52* 56* 

Putter: Studio Select Newport 2.5 midslant

Ball: e6

Goal #1 is to break 90 in back to back rounds

Goal #2 is to play a round without losing a golf ball

Currently shoot low 90's and usually lose 3 or 4 balls a round, either in trees/high grass/water

Roy

I want to lower my handicap to 20 or less, which means being more consistent with making good contact with the ball, which is hard for me.

Hyper X 10º driver Diablo Edge 9.5º backup driver

Burner Rescue 3 hybrid 4-A irons 56º wedge 60º wedge CRAZ-E putter

Note: This thread is 4588 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!