IGNORED

Your 2011 Golf Goals Official Thread

iacas

Note: This thread is 3912 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I bought blades to force me to focus for the entire round. I paid for lessons this year. I have been fitted and I already see an improvement. My goal is to break 80 more than I did last year. I am also practicing more short game and putting.

1. Improve my Driver, 3 wood and 5 wood performance. Especially driver off the tee, 3 and 5 from the fairway.

2. Improve shot shaping

3. Improve green reading and putting.

4. Get hcap down to 7's or high 6s.

5. Regardless of 1-4 enjoy golfing (this one's easy).

I just started playing at the beginning of the year, so I have a few goals:

1) take golf lessons

2) hit my irons consistently (I tend to hit a lot of shots thin)

3) Score less than 100 on a par 72 course

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

1.) Turn that hook back into a draw. It's a tempo thing for me

2.) Find the fairway with the driver. Worst club in the bag for me, but when it's on, I can score pretty well (equipment change coming before my season starts)

3.) Beat my buddy this year. We do a year long stroke play game with the loser buying a year end round at the course of the winners choice. Also a round by round match play deal with the winner getting a logo ball. Sounds silly, but we display them on our desk's at work, so it's a pretty big deal to us.

4.) Get back to single digits. Last year saw the birth of my first child over the winter, followed in the early spring by a serious illness and 2 month hospitalization. He got better very quickly at the end, and is ok now, but it was a difficult summer and while I played a fair amount by most peoples standards (am used to playing or practicing 5 days a week during the spring and summer) I didn't get the practice in, and I'm a grinder that loves to pound balls. This time last year I was an 8.4. Time to get that back!

5.) Break Par at least once this year. I'm super streaky with the flat stick, so it happens on occasion, but not last year.

My goal for 2011 is to eliminate the really bad shots that happen during a round.  You know, the ones where you chili dipped a double divot, or on the other hand barely scraped the top of the ball, or hit the approach shot so thin all the way across the green...usually due to a brain freeze.  Most of these happen to me when forget my tempo, so the positive goal is to use the tempo that is right for me on each and every shot.  Otherwise, I want to stick with what I know works for me.

1. Take it to the course better. I plan on doing this by slowing down my range sessions and switching clubs much more often.

2. Quit over thinking shots and commit on the course. Golf is supposed to be fun. Sometimes I forget.

3. Take an extra club. Over the last year, I've increased my distance by about 2 clubs. However, I found myself trying to stretch that a bit and coming up short as my main miss.

My goal is to shoot 75. Two years ago my goal was to break 90, and I did it with an 83, last year the goal was break 80 and I did- just once- with a 78 (on a par 70). So this year, however I can manage it, I want to shoot a 75 or less. That's it. No other goals.

Big Goals

1. Secure a full time teaching job so I can play more than once every other week :)

2. Shoot par for 9 (+2 = current best)

3. Become an 8 handicap or better

Smaller Goals

1. Retain focus throughout the round, for every...single...shot

2. Become more flexible

3. Improve accuracy on shots from chipping to 40 yds.

1) Lower Official Handicap (13.3)

2) Increase GIR (35.6% over last 10 rounds)

3) Average 29.9 putts or better for the year (32.8 over last 10 rounds)

4) Up and Down 50% (31.33% over last 10 rounds)

3 & 4 should take care of each other, eh? lol

Note: This thread is 3912 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!