Sign in to follow this  
gogolfing

Fantasy Golf 2011

Note: This thread is 3292 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

95 posts / 29887 viewsLast Reply

I like it; the trash talk has started. Not to discourage the rest of you from signing up, but I won it in 2008 and 2009, and had an off year last year and finished second in the Sandtrap group. Good luck

I like it; the trash talk has started. Not to discourage the rest of you from signing up, but I won it in 2008 and 2009, and had an off year last year and finished second in the Sandtrap group. Good luck

Not to discourage you either, but I have, technically speaking, never lost.

Each team (person) picks 8 players per week and "start" 4 per round. The players are divided into three groups - Group A, B, & C. You pick two players from group A, four players from group B, and two players from group C before the start of the tournament (I believe the deadline is 5 minutes before the first tee time). You select four players to "start" for each round - one from group A, two from group B, and one from group C.

So what is the easiest way to track the coverage besides Golf Central?

So what is the easiest way to track the coverage besides Golf Central?

The fantasy golf page where you make you picks updates the scores during the rounds. It can sometimes be delayed though - haven't figured out why. I think it just pulls them from pgatour.com but who knows. Most of the time its fine but some of the time it hours behind.

Nice! I'm looking for redemption from last year. Kinda screwed the pooch and ended up 74th percentile overall (all Yahoo Fantasy Golf). My first year (08) I got 96th percentile and then improved it even more to 99th percentile in 09. Now I'm trying to figure out if the first two years were just a fluke!

Can't wait to get it going again. Of all the fantasy sports I do (baseball - yawn, football - ok, college pick'ems etc.) golf is the one I like the best. Good balance of interaction. It doesn't take TOO much work every week - really only 3 or 4 times a week do you need to check (unlike baseball) but enough happens to keep your interest (unlike football - which once a week is about all it needs).

That would be cool. Maybe a free video lesson or something . Or Sandtrap branded something.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

If we could figure out some way to make our own prizes here, I'd be happy to serve as a non-playing commissioner and to handle that, unless gogolfing wants to.

I would be fine with that.... Wouldn't want any controversy when I win

I couldn't resist. Joined up for a third year. It doesn't seem like I have much of a talent for this, but it's pretty fun to do. I'm comin' for you, GoGolfing!

Who won last year again?

PS- Oh yea, my team name this year is Mike Bennett.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I couldn't resist. Joined up for a third year. It doesn't seem like I have much of a talent for this, but it's pretty fun to do. I'm comin' for you, GoGolfing!

I believe it was Sandplay who won the overall last year.

We are up to 20 guys in the pool, and it is still 4 weeks away to start, so we should have good numbers this year. Keep them coming.

Note: This thread is 3292 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!