IGNORED

Sexy Wedge

Kenny D
Note: This thread is 4849 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just saw this wedge at Golfsmith.com... Looks sick and the price is pretty crazy. I'm looking to replace some wedges this month (xmas gift to myself...) I love my nike wedges but I'm considering either some BVs or staying with Nike.. Anyone use Bridgestone wedges i know WC design has a good rep but just want get some input. These wedges look sick as hell though no doubt!

• Upvote 1

callaway.gif   FT-i driver,  FT 4-wood,  X Utility Prototype 18* hybrid-iron / Big Bertha Diablo 3 & 4  hybrids

Tour Preferred CB 5-PW irons

callaway.gif   X-Forged 52*, X-Forged 56*/58*, X-Forged 64*  wedges  

Daddy Long Legs (38'') putter

:nike:RZN Platinum ball

Don't be afraid to buy something just because others don't use it. Most folks just follow the flock and hit the popular wedges on tour. Endorsements aside, what the tour players use should not dictate what "normal" golfers use in my opinion. You like these, buy them. One of the best sets of wedges I ever had were Dunlop beryllium copper wedges. Seems I paid about $60 each for those. Bought my Cleveland 588's when I wore the Dunlops out. Many good wedges to choose from and that is a bit of a double edged sword. Makes it that much tougher to pick just one. Me personally, I am looking at Miura for my next wedge set. Sexy for sure. At their price point, they should be.

http://www.miuragolf.com/shop_wedge2008.asp

-Dan

i really wich GT sold Bstone here
ive wanted some of these wedges for a long time, but buying a wedge unseen is hard for me
they are scoring clubs, so they have to fit my eye

appearance wise and technology wise, they seem amazing

if they suit you snap em up bro
BUT...keep in mind the copper wedge will rust for sure, so if your ok w that get at er
some guys dont like that look, but if you do get it and report back
"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

Some of mine...I have the 52* and 56* in each. No LW needed in my bag.

:tmade: R15 14* Matrix Black Tie 7m3

:adams: Speedline Super S 3w & 5w Matrix Radix HD S VI

:callaway: X-12 4-PW Memphis 10

IONNOVEX  Type S GDT 50*, 54* & 62* Mitsubishi Rayon Kuro Kage Black 80ir

:odyssey: Tri-Ball SRT

-Landon

Copper doesn't rust.

It won't rust persay but if you hit it when its damp out/play when it rains it will turn green like a penny or the statue of liberty.

Waiting out the 2 feet of snow that just dropped on the course....

Copper doesn't rust.

It depends. Are these copper plated? If so they will rust just like any chrome plated wedge. Are they even real copper? Or do they just have a finish on them.

EDIT: Just checked their website: http://www.bridgestonegolf.com/produ...-liquid-copper They are made of 8620 carbon steel, and that page doesn't even mention being copper plated or anything, it's just in the name. These will rust.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Copper does not rust. Period.

It can develop a patina, but copper is not capable of rusting.

If copper could rust, why would it be used for plumbing?

You guys ever seen the statue of liberty?

Like I said, these aren't cast from copper. Who knows if there is any copper even involved.

Assuming they are copper plated they WILL rust just like a chrome-nickel plated wedge because the plating wears away. It's the EXACT same process as a chrome-nickel plated wedge. The Chrome-nickel plating doesn't rust either, but when there are scratches, the raw carbon steel under it does rust. The copper they use for plumbing is actual copper, not copper plated steel.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have always liked the look of those wedges. Many golfers want to play the same brands the pros play. Vokey, Cleveland, etc.. are very popular for this reason. There are many other wedges just as I good I have no doubt. But until folks see something in play on the PGA tour, they often won't consider buying it. Not saying I agree with it, but that seems to be the case.

Copper corrodes, just much more slowly. Also no, it doesn't form iron oxide in the process.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I know that for every 1 person who likes the looks of the Ortiz/Pelz wedges, there are 5 who hate them! But I love these wedges.... both for looks and feel

to each his own for sure

i would never play that wedge, and not because of the name of it either 1. bounce is waaay to low for a 56º 2. it looks like a spoon (too round of a leading edge and toe) but hey, play what works for YOU, right???

I have always liked the look of those wedges. Many golfers want to play the same brands the pros play. Vokey, Cleveland, etc.. are very popular for this reason. There are many other wedges just as I good I have no doubt. But until folks see something in play on the PGA tour, they often won't consider buying it. Not saying I agree with it, but that seems to be the case.

Oh I agree with this 100%, and it is alive and well in many other areas besides golf. I build hot rods as another hobby, and have hand-built a few handguns as yet another hobby, and use brands and services from a lot of unknown builders and craftsmen. But a lot of them are just as good, and in some cases, better than the largely recognized brands. And I get a lot of the "why would you use XXXXX?? I've never heard of them. You should have used OOOOO instead." I usually reply with something like "because everyone and their brother uses OOOOO, that's why!"

to each his own for sure

Dats right!

Now you have this golf newbie curious.... what would be considered "enough" bounce for a 56° wedge if 14° is way to low, considering Vokey's 56° wedges are available in 8, 11 and 14?

Dats right!

the pic looks like it says 56/06º???? no???

bounce is a preference on wedges me...im a digger and like to take a decent divot w my clubs (especially wedges) having more bounce allows the club to ...well..."bounce" off the turf rather than dig to China on my 56º i have or like anything above 12º of bounce and even on my 60º, i prefer more than 9º max 11º some guys prefer less on a lob wedge, but not me if you dont practice w a 60 with a lot of bouncem you do run the risk of skulling it, as the leading edge will sit higher at address, than a lower bounce LW would but skill also plays a factor into this if you are to wristy and flip the club alot, regardless of bounce, you will hit it fat or skull it all day long keeping a flat left arm/wrist, hitting down on the ball and accelerating through is the key to consistent wedge shots

Note: This thread is 4849 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!