IGNORED

Huddler Transition Coming This Week

iacas
Note: This thread is 4842 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm neutral so far.    The site is a lot "bigger", i.e. the text and info isn't as "compact" as before requiring a lot more scrolling.

Also, I haven't been able to figure out how to display threads in reverse chronological order.    I used to have it that way in my preferences, but cannot find that feature now.    Where have I missed it?

Originally Posted by foiled

Will the new forums work with Tapatalk?

Tapatalk is a VB forum browser, so I don't see that happening.

One issue, that I just noticed while typing this response: I'm on Chrome, and like it usually does, Chrome highlights misspelled words, and a right-click usually brings up spelling correction options, however it looks like the text editor used here to compose responses takes over the right-click options.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 10.5*
Hybrids: Nickent 4DX 3+, 4, 5
Irons: Ping G15 5 - PW
Wedges: Mizuno MP-R (52*, 56*, 60*)
Putter: Cleveland Classic 4 (34" and 35")

Actually, switching from the Rich Text editor to BB Text editor in your profile fixes up this issue.
Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 10.5*
Hybrids: Nickent 4DX 3+, 4, 5
Irons: Ping G15 5 - PW
Wedges: Mizuno MP-R (52*, 56*, 60*)
Putter: Cleveland Classic 4 (34" and 35")

I noticed we lost our location line in the move. I have already started to miss that. Makes it easier to understand some posts when you know what part of the country the OP is in.  I will put mine in the sig line for now.

It ain't bragging if you can do it.

Taylor Made Burner '09 8.5* UST Pro Force V2, Mizuno F-60 3 wood UST Pro Force V2, Mizuno MP-68 3-PW  S300, Bobby Jones Wedges S and L, Nike Ignite 001, Leupold GX-II

Originally Posted by The Road Dog

I noticed we lost our location line in the move. I have already started to miss that. Makes it easier to understand some posts when you know what part of the country the OP is in.  I will put mine in the sig line for now.

You just have to go update it in your profile again and it will re appear.

Done thanks. On a different topic, I found the courses page and added my favorite course.

It ain't bragging if you can do it.

Taylor Made Burner '09 8.5* UST Pro Force V2, Mizuno F-60 3 wood UST Pro Force V2, Mizuno MP-68 3-PW  S300, Bobby Jones Wedges S and L, Nike Ignite 001, Leupold GX-II

Well it's different for sure, but I'm an old fart so changes can be a little shocking. But seems easy enough to navigate.

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

• Administrator

Originally Posted by Clambake

I'm neutral so far.    The site is a lot "bigger", i.e. the text and info isn't as "compact" as before requiring a lot more scrolling.

I'm working on getting some things tightened up. For example, the signature and stuff doesn't need to go below the left-hand "postbit" - but it currently does, and on short posts, that adds a lot of scrolling right there.

Originally Posted by Clambake

Also, I haven't been able to figure out how to display threads in reverse chronological order.    I used to have it that way in my preferences, but cannot find that feature now.    Where have I missed it?

I don't know if it's available. You do realize this isn't vBulletin right? If enough people want something I can make a feature request, though, and unlike with vBulletin, there's actually a chance it can be implemented.

Originally Posted by foiled

Will the new forums work with Tapatalk?

Nope. Which is fine by me. I used Tapatalk, but it never had a revenue system in place and it costs a fair amount to run this site, and we've never charged anyone.

Originally Posted by talismand

Actually, switching from the Rich Text editor to BB Text editor in your profile fixes up this issue.

Yes, but currently, you give up several other things (like embedding YouTube videos).

Originally Posted by The Road Dog

Done thanks. On a different topic, I found the courses page and added my favorite course.

Cool. Did you move the map around so the little thing went in the right place? Kind of a pain... also, when golfnow.com puts their stream of data out in January, we'll populate the courses section with a lot more courses. Right now there aren't many at all.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by walk18

What happened to the personal blogs people were keeping, I don't see them now? Also, the last line of my signature runs all the clubs together no matter what I do.

They are in their own subforum: http://thesandtrap.com/forum/list/29

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

I'm really enjoying the look and feel of the new platform. Looking forward to doing more exploring, but I especially like the new homepage with "highlights" from all sections of the site.

Agreed on the speed, yesterday was very slow but today seems better. I'm finding that it's oddly slow to load the homepage, but then browsing within the site is decent speed wise. Seems to be some of the pages that have maps and images that are extra slow to not only load, but to navigate away from. Almost a mini-freeze.

Really excited for the courses and equipment features, seems like they'll be great once we all start populating those sections. I tried to click on "own it" on a few equipment pieces and it wouldn't register as me owning, it would just take me to the list of those who "own it". Playing around I realize that you need to click on "List This" which tells me I've got some more playing around to do.

Erik, thanks for the time and effort you put into this transition. Looks great and certainly has tremendous upside with all the new features.

Driver: Nike Covert Tour | 3W: Callaway X Hot Pro | Irons: Mizuno JPX-800 Pro X100 SS | Wedges: Vokey SM 54-08, Vokey Raw 60-12 | Putter (of the week): Arnold Palmer "The Original" 33"

Quote:

Cool. Did you move the map around so the little thing went in the right place? Kind of a pain... also, when golfnow.com puts their stream of data out in January, we'll populate the courses section with a lot more courses. Right now there aren't many at all.

I guess this explains why when I click on New Jersey courses I get a map of Ivory Coast? Haha

Do you suggest we start adding courses, or be patient until it populates in January?

Driver: Nike Covert Tour | 3W: Callaway X Hot Pro | Irons: Mizuno JPX-800 Pro X100 SS | Wedges: Vokey SM 54-08, Vokey Raw 60-12 | Putter (of the week): Arnold Palmer "The Original" 33"

• Administrator

Originally Posted by walk18

What happened to the personal blogs people were keeping, I don't see them now? Also, the last line of my signature runs all the clubs together no matter what I do.

As jamo said, they're now in the "Locker Room" forum. Huddler doesn't have a "personal blogs" capability.

As for the signature, it's my hope and belief that many will realize they're a bit better off with the idea of using shorter signatures and putting up to three lists (see my signature - I haven't taken the club stuff out yet). Old signatures were brought across, but that doesn't mean they have to stay that way. I encourage the use of lists in your signature.

Originally Posted by PhilsRHman

Agreed on the speed, yesterday was very slow but today seems better. I'm finding that it's oddly slow to load the homepage, but then browsing within the site is decent speed wise. Seems to be some of the pages that have maps and images that are extra slow to not only load, but to navigate away from. Almost a mini-freeze.

I get the occasional slow page, and I'm hoping that performance increases as we continue to use the site, because sometimes it's slow slow slow slow.

Originally Posted by PhilsRHman

Really excited for the courses and equipment features, seems like they'll be great once we all start populating those sections. I tried to click on "own it" on a few equipment pieces and it wouldn't register as me owning, it would just take me to the list of those who "own it". Playing around I realize that you need to click on "List This" which tells me I've got some more playing around to do.

Yeah, I did the same thing. The best title would probably be something like "6 Own This" or something like that rather than "Own This (6)," but once you figure it out it applies everywhere, at least...

Originally Posted by PhilsRHman

Erik, thanks for the time and effort you put into this transition. Looks great and certainly has tremendous upside with all the new features.

Thanks.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

I'm learning to really like the new format. Once I figured out to shorten my old signature and replace most the info with using the "lists" I REALLY liked the ability to actually add more info regarding "What's in my bag" ...

Still checking out all the new features, but really like what I see so far ...

As a Moderator/Manager of another Forum (in the fishing industry), I realize what an undertaking this has been for you guys ... my hat is off to you!

Mark Boyd of the Clan Boyd
"Retired in my Dreams"

Killer job, I think everything looks great, particularly the main page. The integration with the blog is especially cool in both form and function. Definite two thumbs up!

Follow me on Twitter - TST_Justin
 -  -  - 

This Week's Bag Drop - Miura Passing Point 9003 Forged Irons and Adams Idea Pro a12 Irons and Hybrids  - Sweet new forged cavity backs from Miura (do they make any irons that arent simply beautiful?) and irons/hybrids from Adams created with...

I'm having a horrible time viewing the site with my iPhone, mainly because it's extremely slow, scrolling is near impossible because it always freezes. I guess it could just be my phone, but it was always smooth browsing with the old forum. Anyone else have this problem? Maybe I just need to update Safari??

I see on some pages you can go to the last unread post in a thread but I can not seem to find it on the "console" area. I see the box with the new posts but it does to let me click to go there. It may have something to do with my script  display but I am not sure. Am I just missing this?

Okay I found that if you uncheck the summary box the option is there. Is there any way to have it with the box checked?

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Note: This thread is 4842 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!