IGNORED

Huddler Transition Coming This Week

iacas
Note: This thread is 4868 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

It seems like it is a bit quicker now than it was right when it came up but it still seems pretty slow.  Overall though I really like it... the forum now seems to be more of a part of the site rather than being separate.  I like the idea of the lists for the most part; however, I still like seeing clubs listed in the signature because with a quick glance I can see what another user is playing (helpful in the threads where clubs are being recommended because you can see if they are just recommending what they use)....  Also with the signatures, is there anyway to make the text smaller?

So yeah, just as expected overall everything looks great and is better than it was before, but there are still little differences and things that are missing that are going to throw some of us off.

Great job with the transition.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

Originally Posted by tristanhilton85

It seems like it is a bit quicker now than it was right when it came up but it still seems pretty slow.

Absolutely agree that the site is too slow. I've told Huddler about it and we'll see what they say. But yes, indeed, the site is slow. It should not take 20 seconds to post something. Heck, it shouldn't take four seconds.

Overall though I really like it... the forum now seems to be more of a part of the site rather than being separate.  I like the idea of the lists for the most part; however, I still like seeing clubs listed in the signature because with a quick glance I can see what another user is playing (helpful in the threads where clubs are being recommended because you can see if they are just recommending what they use)....  Also with the signatures, is there anyway to make the text smaller?

Agreed on the integration. The inclusion of products and courses is a big part of the feel of the site. Agreed on the lists - they could spell out what they are or even maybe when you hover over them. That'd be nice.

Also, no, not sure how to make the signature smaller. Can't really be done...

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

how can you page the posts like on the other site. I used to use J and K to page up and down. It made scrolling through posts easier for me. Thanks.

Whoa, it used to have this? I would've loved to know that. Vi shortcuts for the win. :-)

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

Originally Posted by iacas

Quote:

It seems like it is a bit quicker now than it was right when it came up but it still seems pretty slow.

Absolutely agree that the site is too slow. I've told Huddler about it and we'll see what they say. But yes, indeed, the site is slow. It should not take 20 seconds to post something. Heck, it shouldn't take four seconds.

Quote:

Overall though I really like it... the forum now seems to be more of a part of the site rather than being separate.  I like the idea of the lists for the most part; however, I still like seeing clubs listed in the signature because with a quick glance I can see what another user is playing (helpful in the threads where clubs are being recommended because you can see if they are just recommending what they use)....  Also with the signatures, is there anyway to make the text smaller?

Agreed on the integration. The inclusion of products and courses is a big part of the feel of the site. Agreed on the lists - they could spell out what they are or even maybe when you hover over them. That'd be nice.

Also, no, not sure how to make the signature smaller. Can't really be done...

Agreed, especially as we try to bounce all over the site, there are specific thing that take too long to load. My hunch was anything with images, but I can't say for sure. Just annoying enough that if we weren't trying to get to certain spots on the site you can see being turned off and heading elsewhere.

Love the idea about a hover to get signatures. As I poke around, I realize how much I like to see what someone plays. Having to click on someone's List, scroll down, figure out their WITB it adds too many steps. For instance, if a guy is writing about how awful Callaway is, and has nothing but Callaway in the bag ... or vice versa ... it gives context. If we could hover over their list and see a snapshot, that would be excellent. Or, if there's a way to "hide" signatures until you click on them, we'd have a cleaner forum, but an easy way to open someone's WITB.

Driver: Nike Covert Tour | 3W: Callaway X Hot Pro | Irons: Mizuno JPX-800 Pro X100 SS | Wedges: Vokey SM 54-08, Vokey Raw 60-12 | Putter (of the week): Arnold Palmer "The Original" 33"

• Administrator
Originally Posted by keb

Bye

Yes, this is what you call "addition by subtraction." :-)

FWIW, the site speed has improved a good bit. I think it can still be a bit faster but it's about 10x faster than it was when we first switched over.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by walk18

I'm having a horrible time viewing the site with my iPhone, mainly because it's extremely slow, scrolling is near impossible because it always freezes. I guess it could just be my phone, but it was always smooth browsing with the old forum. Anyone else have this problem? Maybe I just need to update Safari??

I'm having the same issue with my iphone.  Very laggy and pretty much cannot browse the site.  The frames are messed up as well.

Note: This thread is 4868 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!