Sign in to follow this  
anthony

Swing Progress 4/28/10

Note: This thread is 3868 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

2 posts / 500 viewsLast Reply

My theroy about a weak grip was right on . I went to the range to test out my new grip and I only sliced a few. I was hitting them straight or slightly left. All in all a major improvement. I still need to work with it and get more comfortable (as it felt very weird at first) but, it's a step in the right direction.

The driver is still a problem though. Every part of it. I had a quick lesson with the guy at the range and he identified a few things. First, I was lining up left of the target. He showed me that I set up to the ball and basically I was coming in correct, but when I put my right hand on the grip I was opening up my shoulders at the same time. Second, I was taking my eyes off the ball and picking my head up. That part surprised me. But, when I made an effort to keep looking at the spot of the ball until my swing was complete, it made a difference. Somehow, with my irons, I'm staying lined up. But, it just falls apart with the driver. At least I've got something to work on now.

We spoke about my grip also. He said it was positioned well, but it was too much in my fingers. I didn't think it could be too much in my fingers, but what he said about problems related to keeping it too much in my fingers were exactly what I've suffered with for a while. So, I'm going to work on my grip some more and alignment. The good news is my swing is good other than the things mentioned. Which is encouraging, because I know I can fix the alignment and grip problems

Sounds like you are definately moving in the right direction! I had the exact same two problems for the last 2 years of my golf career (which were also my first 2). I have the grip down pretty well now, and am still working on shoulder alignment. Good golf to ya!

Note: This thread is 3868 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this