Sign in to follow this  
iacas

Titleist 660, 735

Note: This thread is 5454 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

52 posts / 33812 viewsLast Reply

Most combos have very little offset. They're kinda the "middle club" - not quite the "no-offset, pure muscle" for low-'cappers and not quite the "lotta offset, lotta cavity" for duffers.

Why wait? There are some great irons out there now. What are you looking to get? What do you want out of your next set of irons?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I would like to get a little more forgiveness than my old 690.cb, but love the look of titleist and I am hoping this 735 cm is somewhere in the middle between the 690's and the 704's in terms of forgiveness. Do you think the 735's might be the answer? I have also looked at the callaway tour-x, and the nike pro combo's...

I just bought Titleist 690.CB, S300 Steel. If I knew these were coming, I may not have. But then again, I love my new clubs.

The 690.CB is a great set of clubs. "Love the one you're with."

Those 735's I don;t know about eh> I just don't like that notch in the back. I'm sure it does but whats it designed for but they just don't look that pretty but hey you can't see the back when your swingin em

...I just don't like that notch in the back....

looks like it's the next typical design element for the upcoming clubs... callaway in X18's, nike in the new combo's - just to mention the bigger ones. I guess the plastic cartridge Taylor is putting in the back of their club has similar functionality. better get used to it

I have some news on the 735's, 660's, 503i, and the 695's. I talked to Titleist the other day and they have no delivery or pricing info. They are all listed as prototypes and Titleist says that there is no known delivery or sale date or if they will be for sale.

The 503i is a driving iron. It looks like a overgrown version of there mb's. The 695's are there updated version of the 690.mb.

Except that the 695 is no longer in production and the 503.I "is a prototype in testing that most likely will not make it to the marketplace."

I've been researching the 735Cms for some time now. I'm looking for new irons this summer and I think these will be in my bag. I have contacted many people regarding the 735CM's release date. I've emailed Titleist several times and they are keeping very quite about them saying they are only prototypes and cannot give any more info on them. That's their canned email reply and also their marketing strategy. I've spoken with many Titleist reps in person and they all know that the 735s are coming out this season, but they're not exactly sure when. Basically you want the hype but you want to sell what's out there on the shelves now and not have people wait to buy. They will have a big advertising build up at the appropriate time. Lately most insiders have been saying the release is this June, and that there will be a stainless steel and chromed version of the 735CMs available. The current new Titleist releases such as the drivers and wedges are for first quarter sells and the new irons are for second quarter sells. They dont want to release everything at once.

Note: This thread is 5454 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!