IGNORED

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2012 To Feature Augusta National

Bo the Golfer
Note: This thread is 4279 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Just pre-ordered mine form Game Stop.  If you pre order with them you get a a free download of Bethpage Black  Really cool.  I honestly haven't been into video games for the past ten years but I got an Xbox a couple months ago because a buddy of mine insisted that i would love Black Ops..  He was right I play almost every night for an hour or two.  I can't wait for this to come out.  I hope its a more realistic game, I am tired of seeing the Tiger Woods series with guys who routinely shoot 24 under for 18 holes and hit 450 yard drives.  That's just fantasy golf and kills the experience for me.  I won't be playing that well when I get started but playing online won't be a lot of fun if you have to shoot 70 under to win the Masters.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I own and love Tiger Woods PGA 10 on Nintendo Wii and I'm looking at possibly buying TW PGA 12 when it's out on 1st April. As I own a PS3 and a Wii I'm torn between which format to get it on so I figured I'd post and see if anyone's played the demo on PS3 Move and what they think of it?

From what I can tell the Wii version makes a lot of use of the balance board which may or may not be a good thing for those of us who don't 'sway' during a swing. The Motion Plus controller however is great.

Also graphics on Wii are poor to say the least (to be expected as it's a glorified Gamecube!)

The PS3 version makes use fo the Move controller which is supposed to be infinitely better than the Motion Plus controller but seems to have a few issues currently. The graphics will obviously be amazing compared to Wii and there'll be no balance board which may or may not be a good thing.

Anyway what are your thoughts?

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

Looking at the list of players confirmed to be in the game, they either haven't confirmed a number of players, or the Presidents' Cup format will be a little odd.  Because I only count 3 players that are neither American nor European.  As good as Vijay, Adam Scott, and Camilo Villegas are, they can't quite play a Presidents' Cup on their own.  Meanwhile, I count 8 European male players and one female.

Of course, I only count 11 Americans (9 male, 2 female) in the confirmed list, so I'm guessing both lists are a little short.

I guess I'll know for certain in a little over a week.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Anyone know if the bonus or purchasable download courses are incorporated into the career mode?  If the courses are added to career mode for more depth and variety in the tournaments I think they would be totally worth the purchase.  Otherwise, I don't really care to buy the extra courses if they are only available for exhibition or quick play mode.

Originally Posted by Tugglife2

Anyone know if the bonus or purchasable download courses are incorporated into the career mode?  If the courses are added to career mode for more depth and variety in the tournaments I think they would be totally worth the purchase.  Otherwise, I don't really care to buy the extra courses if they are only available for exhibition or quick play mode.

I'm pretty sure they are not incorporated into career mode unless you buy the collector's edition for PS3, which is $10 extra and comes with the bonus courses preloaded.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Thanks jamo, i'll have to research that.  It might sway me into buying the collector's addition.

I also want to +1 what ND Fan said above.  I'm REALLY hoping that players aren't going to be shooting -24 in a single round online.  I will ignore online play altogether if this hasn't changed.  There should be some sort of "human element of error" where even if your player has max stats and you line everything up perfect, your shot won't always be within two feet of the pin.

Originally Posted by Tugglife2

Originally Posted by jamo

I'm pretty sure they are not incorporated into career mode unless you buy the collector's edition for PS3, which is $10 extra and comes with the bonus courses preloaded.

It changed this year, in the past DLC courses arent used during career mode, but now they are. Will have more details in tomorrows' Bag Drop.

Thanks for all of the pre-order info above!

Follow me on Twitter - TST_Justin
 -  -  - 

This Week's Bag Drop - Miura Passing Point 9003 Forged Irons and Adams Idea Pro a12 Irons and Hybrids  - Sweet new forged cavity backs from Miura (do they make any irons that arent simply beautiful?) and irons/hybrids from Adams created with...

I preordered mine today, now I'm getting really antsy.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Check this out - http://ca.kotaku.com/5786064/ten-days-of-grace-brings-golfs-church-to-the-masses (btw, saved yall from having to visit their atrocious new main site, using the ca. prefix on all their sites goes to their Canada site, which kept the older design)

Quote:

The scanning technology - three surveying lasers on tripods - has a maximum scan distance of 300 meters and a maximum density of one millimeter. Without getting too technical, the manner in which the team overlapped their scans meant they could resolve features down to 6 millimeters. "That's the width of a blade of grass," Yates notes.

It's not a fast process. "We'd take about 90 minutes per par," Yates said, meaning a par 3 hole would require four and a half hours to image. "On some we spent even more time because of the specific placement of certain features, such as the green complexes around the sandtraps. We wanted to make sure we got every perimeter right, so we'd do an additional scan at those locations in addition the base scan.

This is going to be incredible. Less than two days away!

-  -  - 

This Week's Bag Drop - Miura Passing Point 9003 Forged Irons and Adams Idea Pro a12 Irons and Hybrids  - Sweet new forged cavity backs from Miura (do they make any irons that arent simply beautiful?) and irons/hybrids from Adams created with...

If this won't make you want to buy Tiger Woods '12, nothing will: http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-courses/georgia/augusta-changes

In my bag:

I decided to get Tiger Woods 12 for PS3, the collectors edition is PS3 only and it comes with 5 extra courses which seems like a solid deal for 10 bucks.

And then if I decide to get move later on I have the option at least.

If you order at amazon you get a $25 credit for a future video game purchase that I will use for Socom 4 :)  (This deal is for any version of the game except its only $20 for the wii version)

I have both a wii and a PS3.  I had TW 2010 on Wii and really didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would.  I downloaded the demo on the PS3 and it was pretty decent.  I don't currently have the move but was fine with the controller.  I am going to purchase the PS3 version for the fact that the graphics are much better than the wii.  May even go ahead and get the move also.  It's nice to feel like your golfing when winter comes around!  Alos you can play the 18th at Augusta if you download the trial.

SO pumped to pick this up tomorrow at work.  Does anyone know a list of the players in the game you can use?

taylormade.gifR11S 9* Driver Aldila RIP Phenom 60 R Flex

taylormade.gifRBZ 3W 15* Matrix Ozik XCon-5 R Flex
taylormade.gif'11 Rescue Hybrids 3 (18*), 4 (21*) Aldila RIP 65 HB R Flex
taylormade.gifR11 5-PW KBS Steel R Flex | taylormade.gifTP XFT 52* 56* 60* KBS Steel

cameron.gif California Coronado 35" | ogio.gif Grom Black Plaid Bag |  Penta TP

Originally Posted by toddmlazarchick

SO pumped to pick this up tomorrow at work.  Does anyone know a list of the players in the game you can use?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiger_Woods_PGA_Tour_12 has a list.

The PlayStation version has more than this, I believe.  And, of course, various benefits can increase or decrease your count.  My game will have Bethpage Black too, because I pre-ordered it at GameStop.

Tomorrow people!  The hard part is that I don't have to be at work until 2pm tomorrow.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Originally Posted by Shindig

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiger_Woods_PGA_Tour_12 has a list.

The PlayStation version has more than this, I believe. And, of course, various benefits can increase or decrease your count. My game will have Bethpage Black too, because I pre-ordered it at GameStop.

Tomorrow people! The hard part is that I don't have to be at work until 2pm tomorrow.

So does this site: http://thesandtrap.com/b/bag_drop/ea_sports_releases_tiger_woods_pga_tour_12 . Just sayin :-) Gotta promote our own site when I can

-  -  - 

Note: This thread is 4279 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!