IGNORED

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2012 To Feature Augusta National

Bo the Golfer
Note: This thread is 4300 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Thanks for the info and for how pumped I am for this game is how bummed I am that there is no DJ!!!!  I find it odd that theres no Westwood or Kaymer either.  I guess Ill be playing with Bubba all the time now.  (2nd fav)

taylormade.gifR11S 9* Driver Aldila RIP Phenom 60 R Flex

taylormade.gifRBZ 3W 15* Matrix Ozik XCon-5 R Flex
taylormade.gif'11 Rescue Hybrids 3 (18*), 4 (21*) Aldila RIP 65 HB R Flex
taylormade.gifR11 5-PW KBS Steel R Flex | taylormade.gifTP XFT 52* 56* 60* KBS Steel

cameron.gif California Coronado 35" | ogio.gif Grom Black Plaid Bag |  Penta TP

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted by toddmlazarchick

Thanks for the info and for how pumped I am for this game is how bummed I am that there is no DJ!!!!  I find it odd that theres no Westwood or Kaymer either.  I guess Ill be playing with Bubba all the time now.  (2nd fav)

I don't think Westwood or Kaymer are members of the PGA Tour, are they?

Originally Posted by ControlJunkie

So does this site: http://thesandtrap.com/b/bag_drop/ea_sports_releases_tiger_woods_pga_tour_12. Just sayin :-) Gotta promote our own site when I can

Whoops!  How embarrassing.  I must have missed that article.  I need to pay more attention to the front page!

Originally Posted by Tugglife2

I don't think Westwood or Kaymer are members of the PGA Tour, are they?

Nope, they aren't. Of course, neither are any of the women in the game.

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

i just picked up my copy of the game on my way to school. just gotta make it through 2 classes and an hour drive home till i can play. I cant wait.

Originally Posted by Shindig

Whoops!  How embarrassing.  I must have missed that article.  I need to pay more attention to the front page!

Nah man, no sweat, was just kinda giving you a hard time

BTW, new thread if anyone on XBL wants to get together and play - http://thesandtrap.com/forum/thread/45176/anyone-want-to-play-tiger-woods-pga-tour-12-over-xbox-live

Follow me on Twitter - TST_Justin
 -  -  - 

This Week's Bag Drop - Miura Passing Point 9003 Forged Irons and Adams Idea Pro a12 Irons and Hybrids  - Sweet new forged cavity backs from Miura (do they make any irons that arent simply beautiful?) and irons/hybrids from Adams created with...

Picked mine up, listened to the weird commentary thing by Jim Nance where I had to swing three times to win the Masters, and now I'm setting up Photo Game Face with an Xbox Live Vision camera that I found buried. I haven't tried it in a few years, but I remember it used to be that EA Sport's Tiger Woods website would routinely crash from people uploading their own Photo Game Face pictures, so ever since I've been doing it with the Xbox Live Camera.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Just got home with my copy... I have a PS3 so I paid the extra $10 for the collectors edition... still only cost me $16 after taxes and everything because I had a $60 gift card to Best Buy that I got at work.

Anyways, its doing the Game Face thing right now but so far it looks pretty good... enough so that I'll waste countless hours playing it over the next few months.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Picked up my Xbox copy earlier today. Did anyone's come with an instruction manual? These used to be in every game back in my day, but I only have registration codes included in mine!

-- Michael | My swing! 

"You think you're Jim Furyk. That's why your phone is never charged." - message from my mother

Driver:  Titleist 915D2.  4-wood:  Titleist 917F2.  Titleist TS2 19 degree hybrid.  Another hybrid in here too.  Irons 5-U, Ping G400.  Wedges negotiable (currently 54 degree Cleveland, 58 degree Titleist) Edel putter. 

• Administrator

Picked up my Xbox copy earlier today. Did anyone's come with an instruction manual? These used to be in every game back in my day, but I only have registration codes included in mine!

None here. My BIL just dropped it off. Kind of annoying.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

None here either. But if you press the Start button during gameplay, you can select "Software Manual" from the menu and access it that way. Unfortunately I am on a SD T.V. for a week or so, and the menus and manual are basically unreadable in SD (as with all EA Sports games). Kinda pissed that there is no paper manual and the courses cost so damn much. About $70 more in Microsoft courses (in addition to the $60 + taxes for the game) if you want all of the courses. But the gameplay is pretty good, aside from a few annoyances (most of which I suspect I could figure a way around given a manual).

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

So in all of your opinions, what's the verdict on the gameplay so far?

I played the back 9 at Augusta with a buddy really quick tonight because I'm having to do work stuff, but I'm glad I was able to get it in. I've been playing this game for years now, and Augusta, in my opinion, is unlike any other course I've ever played in that game. The place is beautifully recreated, IMO. I CANNOT wait until I get time to start my career, especially after reading quotes such as this one from Owen Good's review of the game at Kotaku :

Quote:

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12: The Masters is one of the richest and most memorable experiences I have ever had, not just as a sports gamer, but as a sports fan. It is highly recommended for all sports fans, and mandatory for anyone who loves golf.

Those of you that have gotten some PT in, what do you think?

Follow me on Twitter - TST_Justin
 -  -  - 

This Week's Bag Drop - Miura Passing Point 9003 Forged Irons and Adams Idea Pro a12 Irons and Hybrids  - Sweet new forged cavity backs from Miura (do they make any irons that arent simply beautiful?) and irons/hybrids from Adams created with...

Graphically the game is awesome but I haven't been a fan of the way the game plays in the last couple years. I also can't stand the caddy but at least I'm getting to play a simulated version of Augusta National.

Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

Originally Posted by clubchamp

Graphically the game is awesome but I haven't been a fan of the way the game plays in the last couple years. I also can't stand the caddy but at least I'm getting to play a simulated version of Augusta National.

You know you can dismiss the caddy, right?

Also, I'm mildly disappointed... at the moment, it looks like the players' caddies don't correspond to their actual caddies.  I realize that getting everyone's caddy digitized might have been a chore, but if you're introducing caddies in a Tiger Woods game... can't you get Stevie?

-- Michael | My swing! 

Originally Posted by shades9323

Does anyone know if they will come out with a kinect version?

Not this year, but expect it in the future. I'm actually kind of glad that aren't adding Kinect support this year, they would have had to half-ass the rest of the game to meet their release date. Remember the '06 EA Sports games? Absolutely terrible (and a total ripoff of $60) because they had to rush them to deliver them on time when the 360 came out. Next year they'll have an extra year to play around with Kinect, and really get it right.

In my bag:

My only criticisms of the game so far are the caddy and the putting.  Anyone else find that the caddy recommends the worst drives?  And the putting system is killing me.  I've had so many 4-putts after a GIR it's not even funny...I just can't make a smooth stroke yet.

I liked it a lot.  I think it will take a while to build a player though.  After  a few rounds I think I'll play most courses on fast mode when ever possible.  Course play too easy when is slow  or average mode.  The putting is a bit complicated but I am getting the hang of it.  I think I 4 putted 7 times yesterday.  But i working on building up my putting XP before any thing else.  Like real golf, putting makes or breaks you.

Note: This thread is 4300 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!