IGNORED

negative angle of attack

HAVOC
Note: This thread is 4851 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

so today went to see my launch numbers and was suprised on what was found

SS 116 ave high 122 low 113

ball speed  165 ave high 180 low 148

launch angle 7.5 ave 13 high 2 low

come to find out i have a neg AoA of - 7

ball spin was from 1710 to 2746

hitting 3 drivers

alpha 9.5/ aldila nvs 65

bang springboard 9.5/ aldila nvs 85 pink

exotics 10.5/ aldila nv 65

all shafts are stiff

best drives were with the bang head combo

need some drills to create a positive AoA

Wilson FG Tour 4-SW

Alpha Driver

Adams Speedline 3W
Oddessy #9 Putter

Bridgestone B330-S

Put the ball farther up in your stance and tee it up higher.

You want to hit it more in the up swing, so naturally that means moving the ball forward and up....i am very suprised that you are hitting the ball with such little spin with that launch angle tho, doesnt really sound right.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by westcyderydin

...i am very suprised that you are hitting the ball with such little spin with that launch angle tho, doesnt really sound right.

I thought the same thing. With an AoA that negative and that high a clubhead speed, you'd think the spin rate would be much much higher.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

You want to hit it more in the up swing, so naturally that means moving the ball forward and up....i am very suprised that you are hitting the ball with such little spin with that launch angle tho, doesnt really sound right.

Agreed.  -7 is super steep for a driver and those spin numbers are way low (not bad low, just seemingly too low for that AoA).  Considering your AoA in conjunction with your swing speed, I'd expect you to be ballooning the sh&t; out of balls with a stiff shaft.

Driver: Taylormade Tour Burner 9.5° | Fairway Wood: Adams Speedline Fast 10 15° | Irons: Mizuno MP-57 3-PW | Wedges: Cleveland CG11 52° 56° 60° | Putter: Odyssey White Hot XG Rossie

Is it possible you misread the monitor, and your actual angle of attack is -.7 degrees?  That would make a lot more sense.  As others have stated, it's almost impossible to get those low spin rates with a huge angle like 7 degrees.

i wish the ball had a slight ballon effect when i hit it

its like rocket taking off but dies and falls to the earth like a rock

the height of my ball is only 30yds high but it does travel

what else had him puzzled was i was hitting straight or with a slight draw and in the center of the club

what my swing coach was saying i might be coming over the top slightly

because my club at the top of my swing  is inbetween my shoulder and neck causing a steep attack on the ball

ill try and post a few swings fri and see if you can see whats going on

Wilson FG Tour 4-SW

Alpha Driver

Adams Speedline 3W
Oddessy #9 Putter

Bridgestone B330-S

the ball is teed up 3" already (i use 3 3/4" tees) and when my swing is over the tee is only about 2" high so i know im pushing the tee into the ground

as far as teeing it farther up its allready on my right toe

Wilson FG Tour 4-SW

Alpha Driver

Adams Speedline 3W
Oddessy #9 Putter

Bridgestone B330-S

Keep th enegative angle of attack, positive angle of attack is a myth.. most pro's have a negative angle of attack for all clubs.. only the ladies tour do pro's have positive angle of attacks for the driver..

All those numbers were really good, i would keep them..

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Quote:

Keep th enegative angle of attack, positive angle of attack is a myth.. most pro's have a negative angle of attack for all clubs.. only the ladies tour do pro's have positive angle of attacks for the driver..

All those numbers were really good, i would keep them..

most pga golfers are around like -2 to 1...but hitting down on a drive so much that your AoA is -7 is very extreme.  i would check those numbers again, tho before you think of changing anything.

yeah -7 is to much, check your alignment.. you might be placing the ball to far back in your stance... post a video of your swing

Matt Dougherty, P.E.
 fasdfa dfdsaf 

What's in My Bag
Driver; :pxg: 0311 Gen 5,  3-Wood: 
:titleist: 917h3 ,  Hybrid:  :titleist: 915 2-Hybrid,  Irons: Sub 70 TAIII Fordged
Wedges: :edel: (52, 56, 60),  Putter: :edel:,  Ball: :snell: MTB,  Shoe: :true_linkswear:,  Rangfinder: :leupold:
Bag: :ping:

Launch monitor numbers can be off so far they mean nothing.

Launch angle ranging form 13 degree to 2 degrees?  These can't be center hits.  116 SS with under 3K spin at -7*!?  Not likely.

I would say the monitor you were using is about as useless a t's on a bull.

some swings i did today yes i know my rt elbow breaks down (didnt stretch before swing hit 5 balls and started recording)

13 was when i hit the top of the head and 2 was almost a topper

6,7,8's were center hits

Wilson FG Tour 4-SW

Alpha Driver

Adams Speedline 3W
Oddessy #9 Putter

Bridgestone B330-S

Note: This thread is 4851 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!