IGNORED

Those in colder climes, where are you on the pent up demand for golf scale?

nevets88
Note: This thread is 4845 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I know this thread was calling out to those in colder climates but as a Floridian I just felt the need to pipe in...

You know I always thought it would be nice to have a winter...that way I could have the "forced discipline" to work out and get in better golf shape during the off-season...OH WAIT!  Florida does not have an off-season...Dang!  LMAO!

Anyway Pros and Cons to everything as I set a goal every winter to work out and dang it if the nice weather here doesn't call me out to the golf course...I guess I will have to wait until next year...AGAIN!

TEE - XCG6, 13º, Matrix Ozik HD6.1, stiff
Wilson Staff - Ci11, 3-SW, TX Fligthed, stiff

Odyssey - Metal X #7, 35in

Wilson Staff - FG Tour ball 

2/10.  Haven't played since late October.

It's a bit surprsing, I thought I'd be jonesing a bit more but I've really been enjoying the break.  I'm sure I would love a trip somewhere warm to play a couple of rounds but it's been so cold at home lately that thoughts of golf are nowhere to be found.

It also helps that I hate practicing just for practicing's sake so I don't really think about golf unless there's the possibility of playing.  Kind of like smoking during a long flight - it's much easier (for me) to ignore the craving to smoke when I know that there's absolutely zero chance that I'll be able to have one.

This is the time that it helps to have in-laws in warmer climates.  New England winters can be brutal but when you spend Thanksgiving, New Years and usually a trip in March to a warm, golf filled area it really breaks up the winter nicely.

Overall 4/10

At the store I work at we're playing a winter championship on the simulators.

Played my preliminary round today at Pinehurst #2 and shot an 86 (lost probably 2-3 strokes on chips...man its hard) Onto the round of 16 next.

Held me off a little but made me want to get on a real course alot more...sooo..8/10 at this point.

Waiting out the 2 feet of snow that just dropped on the course....

Originally Posted by CassinoNorth

At the store I work at we're playing a winter championship on the simulators...Held me off a little but made me want to get on a real course alot more...sooo..8/10 at this point.

Me too!  I just played my first round of the winter league I joined last week (next round tomorrow) and shot an 85 at Parkland.  Should have been 84 but apparently I rolled the ball just a little too much placing it for a putt and it registered a stroke.

The sim is fun but boy do I miss the feel of real grass already.

Brad

Originally Posted by bradsul

Quote:

At the store I work at we're playing a winter championship on the simulators...Held me off a little but made me want to get on a real course alot more...sooo..8/10 at this point.

Me too!  I just played my first round of the winter league I joined last week (next round tomorrow) and shot an 85 at Parkland.  Should have been 84 but apparently I rolled the ball just a little too much placing it for a putt and it registered a stroke.

The sim is fun but boy do I miss the feel of real grass already.

I'm always afraid of that happening. What kind of simulators do you guys have?

Waiting out the 2 feet of snow that just dropped on the course....

I feel for you guys. Here in MS, we get a week here and there where we can't play. Last week was cold all week until Saturday and then I played. Played yesterday and today too. Should have another day or two that I can play this week then back to cold temps. So we are pretty lucky I guess. But come August, you will be hearing us complain about the heat!

Sub 70 849 9* driver

:callaway:  Rogue 3 & 5 woods, Rogue X 4 & 5 hybrids

:tmade: SIM 2 6-gap irons

:cobra:  King snakebite grove wedges 52 & 58*

:ping: Heppler ZB3 putter

I'm always afraid of that happening. What kind of simulators do you guys have?

I'm not sure of the exact model (I'm new to golf so not very familiar) but the software and setup seems almost identical to what Golf Town runs up here.

Brad

iGuy and msdogs1976, was it really necessary to intrude on the yearly pity party of the dwellers of the frozen tundra?

Wait a minute, yeah it was LOL.

It ain't bragging if you can do it.

Taylor Made Burner '09 8.5* UST Pro Force V2, Mizuno F-60 3 wood UST Pro Force V2, Mizuno MP-68 3-PW  S300, Bobby Jones Wedges S and L, Nike Ignite 001, Leupold GX-II

Note: This thread is 4845 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!