IGNORED

Michael Breed's Swing

andef
Note: This thread is 4839 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hey fellow sand trappers,

I was just watching the Bob Hope classic and got a glimpse of Michael Breed's swing.

I was quite impressed, I thought it looked quite clean and simple.

However, I am wondering what other's opinions on his swing are.

I know he often gives flawed advice and that his show, the Golf Fix, is pretty much useless (in the sense that it's often criticized) to the better golfer which has a decent understanding of the golf swing, but his swing looks pretty good to me.

What do you guys think?

andef

Here's an example of his swing from youtube.  Nice swing.  Reminds me of Nick Faldo's swing.

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

I like his swing and i like the golf fix.  I dont agree with everything he says but the show is entertaining, he just needs to slow down and explain things a little better.

I would like to see him take Nick Faldos spot.  He would fit into that roll well and those slow motion swing comments are getting very old......Its all about the...oh and look at that turn, everybodys trying to.....and the release... blah blah blah.  you can pretty much just take random phrases about a swing, put them on little peices of paper and pull them out of a hat while you are watching a swing and come up with more relevant things than what he says.  I find Michael Breed much more entertaining and informative even tho he pulls some stuff out of his backside as well.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I watch his show...I don't really take any notes or anything.  The only show that I taped and kept thus far was his short game show he had in the summer.  I just find him entertaining and I like to hear different views on certain swings problems and fixes. I like his addition to the Bob Hope production this week.  I think it would be nice to see him involved in this matter more often.

|Callaway I-MIX FT-9  - Driver | Callaway Diablo Octane - 3 Wood | Callaway Diablo Edge Tour [3H & 4H] - Hybrids | Callaway X-forged 2009 - Irons | Callaway JAWS [52, 56, 60] - Wedges | SC Studio Style Newport 2 / Laguna 1.5 / Kombi-S - Putter |

I too sometimes catch his show, and when I've watched I've found it entertaining and for the most part informative.  Yeah, he may say some things that I'll never implement into my game or try out on the range, but I think it's a good show and I'm sure some of what he says helps of few of us out there from time to time.

In my Grom XX:
cleveland.gif Launcher 12.0* Fujikura Saishin 65 S and 15* Fujikura Fit-On Gold R // ping.gif G10 Irons, AWT Steel S, Fitted Purple Dot// cleveland.gifCG14 Chrome 56*, 14 // odyssey.gif Crimson Series 550 Mallet, 34" // srixon.gifZ-Star

I don't think he understands the ball flight laws properly...yes he has a decent golf swing as one would hope it would be if he is on primetime television. I think he is getting a payback for every "rubber ducky" kid's plastic swimming pool toy that is sold and I will admit a few of his "tips" make sense

PB
Canadian PGA Life Member
Peter Boyce Golf Academy
Strathroy, Ontario
:tmade:

Originally Posted by canadianpro

I don't think he understands the ball flight laws properly...yes he has a decent golf swing as one would hope it would be if he is on primetime television. I think he is getting a payback for every "rubber ducky" kid's plastic swimming pool toy that is sold and I will admit a few of his "tips" make sense

In his response to Erik, he seems to have it right:

If a good swing adds credibility to one's opinion, what does a weak and/or flawed swing do?

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Originally Posted by sean_miller

Quote:

If a good swing adds credibility to one's opinion, what does a weak and/or flawed swing do?

Indicates one is hung like the proverbial bull? Or maybe that's just me.

PS: I like Breed's swing. It's quite classical.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Originally Posted by Stretch

Quote:

Originally Posted by sean_miller

Quote:

Indicates one is hung like the proverbial bull? Or maybe that's just me.

Yeah, there's some bull inferred.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

he must have learned the ball flight laws from erik....if he had a terrible golf swing, he wouldn't be on tv...

PB
Canadian PGA Life Member
Peter Boyce Golf Academy
Strathroy, Ontario

I just watched him on TGC's Bob Hope coverage....Actually enjoyed his piece on "Hitting it straight"  (Keeping arms attached to the chest)

Some good comments to Frank Nobilo too...the guy is getting better!

PB
Canadian PGA Life Member
Peter Boyce Golf Academy
Strathroy, Ontario

Not sure why someone would say he does not know the new Ball Flight Laws - Eric gave him that test already:

Driver R7 Superquad NV 55 shaft or Bridgestone J33 460 NV 75 shaft
3 and 5 Wood X
Hybrid original Fli Hi 21* or FT 22*
Irons AP2
Wedges Vokey 52* - 8 , 56* 14, 60*-7Putter California CoranodoBall TP RedGPS NeoRange Finder- Bushnell Tour V2 When Chuck Norris puts spin on the ball, the ball does not...

He does have a good swing, but that doesn't always make a good teacher. Up until this last video, I felt he ignored swing path too much. Hopefully we'll see more emphasis on that in the future.

He discussed the new flight laws in one of his sessions during the Hope.  I think he gets them, just doesn't address them all of the time.

|Callaway I-MIX FT-9  - Driver | Callaway Diablo Octane - 3 Wood | Callaway Diablo Edge Tour [3H & 4H] - Hybrids | Callaway X-forged 2009 - Irons | Callaway JAWS [52, 56, 60] - Wedges | SC Studio Style Newport 2 / Laguna 1.5 / Kombi-S - Putter |

Originally Posted by Quinn07

He discussed the new flight laws in one of his sessions during the Hope.  I think he gets them, just doesn't address them all of the time.

He doesn't use them in his teachings either.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Note: This thread is 4839 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!