IGNORED

What golfers do you root against?

Todd Ruggere
Note: This thread is 3462 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Phil, Sergio, Tiger and Ian Poulter.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Originally Posted by ronaldkuntoro

May I add John Dally.... I hate her Pants.... he dresses like a clown now....

Id have to add him to my list too.  I absolutely cant stand him.  For me though its more that he's a drunk and a loser but the golf media still worships him and so badly wants him to win on tour that everytime he has a good round they proclaim, "HE'S BACK!!!" and then he puts up an 85.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Hunter Mahan- I hate those stupid sunglasses.

Tiger- had enough of the his club slamming and bad attitude after bad shots.

Thats about it.

Driver- Titleist 910 D3 9.5

3 Wood- Burner 15 degree
Irons- Slingshot 4I-AW
Hybrid- CPR 3 22 degree
Putter- White Hot XG 8

Daly - just a train wreck. He gets such a free pass and so many apologists. Mickelson - just comes off as fake to me As for the "I don't like Tiger because he cheats on his wife...." crowd, well if that is the criteria than you'd probably hate about 75% of the PGA. Just sayin'......:-O
Driver: Ping K15 (10.5*), Hybrids: Adams Idea Tech v3 2i, Ping G15 4i (23*), Irons: Callaway Diablo Edges (5-9, P, A, S)Putter: Nike Method 001, Bag: Nike Tour Cart II Shoes: Nike Lunar Control, Other: Cliqgear 3.0 Handcart, Callaway uPro GPS, Sun Mountain ClubGlider Meridian Travel Bag

Originally Posted by huskylawyer

Daly - just a train wreck. He gets such a free pass and so many apologists.

Mickelson - just comes off as fake to me

As for the "I don't like Tiger because he cheats on his wife...." crowd, well if that is the criteria than you'd probably hate about 75% of the PGA. Just sayin'......

So you are defending Tiger's behavior and saying he should get a pass?

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by mtsalmela80

Quote:

As for the "I don't like Tiger because he cheats on his wife...." crowd, well if that is the criteria than you'd probably hate about 75% of the PGA. Just sayin'......

Nope no free pass; just consistency and not hypocricy.   If marital infidelity is the basis for not liking him (or any pro golfer for that matter), then you probably won't like many of the pro golfers.   Statistics (infidelity by married men at 50%+), logic (stands to reason that pro golfers, with money and lots of travel time have an even higher rate) and common sense (the "boys will be boys" culture" in the PGA) strongly suggest that those guys we are watching on TV play the game we love also have girlfriends in various cities.   That's why when people take the moral high ground with respect to Tiger.   He got caught, but I don't think his morals with respect to marriage and fidelity are all that different than most of the guys he plays with.

Driver: Ping K15 (10.5*), Hybrids: Adams Idea Tech v3 2i, Ping G15 4i (23*), Irons: Callaway Diablo Edges (5-9, P, A, S)Putter: Nike Method 001, Bag: Nike Tour Cart II Shoes: Nike Lunar Control, Other: Cliqgear 3.0 Handcart, Callaway uPro GPS, Sun Mountain ClubGlider Meridian Travel Bag

For cheating on his wife?  Yeah-I'd say that's between him and his family.  I don't particularly care for Tiger, but that's because of the spitting, cursing, club-throwing, pissy attitude, and general lack of charisma.  If you're going to hate a man or woman because of infidelity, then stop watching movies, TV, professional sports, amateur sports, listening to music, reading books, looking at paintings or any other work of art, etc.

Originally Posted by mtsalmela80

Quote:

Phil Mickelson

Ian Poulter

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

I'm astounded at how much of this is "I can't stand his sunglasses," or "I hate those pants" etc.  The "Mickelson seems fake" thing is weird too.  Because he's enthusiastic, friendly, and happy?  He's crazy rich and plays golf for a living.  And he's really good, despite his questionable decisions.  If there were no Tiger Mickelson would be the greatest golfer of the last 20 or 25 years.  Maybe he should start spitting or cursing frequently.

Whatever-I do know I'm rooting for Fowler and Poulter now.

Don't really have any super strong negative feeling towards any of them because they are all living the dream. But, if it came down to the wire I would rather see someone other than Sabbatini or Fowler win.

--- Rebel Golfer ---

Widely known on tour that Mickelson had (i say that b/c i don't know if he still does) a HUGE gambling problem. Just saying, appearances aren't always as they seem.

Originally Posted by max power

I'm astounded at how much of this is "I can't stand his sunglasses," or "I hate those pants" etc.  The "Mickelson seems fake" thing is weird too.  Because he's enthusiastic, friendly, and happy?  He's crazy rich and plays golf for a living.  And he's really good, despite his questionable decisions.  If there were no Tiger Mickelson would be the greatest golfer of the last 20 or 25 years.  Maybe he should start spitting or cursing frequently.

I've heard that.  Not sure why it makes him seem fake.  Is Michael Jordan a fake?

Originally Posted by natp0wers

Widely known on tour that Mickelson had (i say that b/c i don't know if he still does) a HUGE gambling problem. Just saying, appearances aren't always as they seem.

Originally Posted by max power

Quote:

I've heard that.  Not sure why it makes him seem fake.  Is Michael Jordan a fake?

Speaking of spit takes. Now I need to get some paper towels (and a new coffee).

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Note: This thread is 3462 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!