IGNORED

What golfers do you root against?

Todd Ruggere
Note: This thread is 3490 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

john daly- his law suit represents everything that is wrong with the american civil court system

stewart cink- he beat tom watson in the british

rory sabbatini- overall douchebaggery

lee westwood- you're a multi-millionaire,  get your teeth fixed.

Wasn't he supposed to beat Watson?  Not his fault Watson got the yips again 25 years later and Cink had the fortitude to rip him apart in the playoff.  What Watson did was still incredible-I wish we could go back and see what would have happened had he chipped instead of putted.

Originally Posted by senorchipotle

john daly- his law suit represents everything that is wrong with the american civil court system

stewart cink- he beat tom watson in the british

rory sabbatini- overall douchebaggery

lee westwood- you're a multi-millionaire,  get your teeth fixed.

Not that I HATE any golfer, but the one guy I can't stand to see do well is Jim Furyk. Apart from coming across as a guy who I probably wouldn't like if I met him in real life (without golf), I can't warm to him at all. He's always sniffing (has anyone else noticed that?). I don't like how he does little Fred Flintstone steps up to his ball at address. He averages probably 17 'back-aways' from 5 foot putts per round.

One just recently is Tommy Gainey. I hadn't seen much of him play until the other week. But I'll just say this - the last person I saw who wore 2 gloves was a 67 year old woman who played on par 3 courses...

• 3 years later...

I would swear it was myself with some of the decisions I make on course...    but on Tour, probably Sergio, but he's not as bad as he was.  I hate, absolutely hate Brandel Chamblee

JP

In the bag:  R1 Diver, Rocketballz 3 tour spoon (13*), Adams A12 pro 18* hybrid, 4-P Callaway Razr x black (dg s400 shafts), 50* & 58* Ping Tour S, and TM Ghost Manta Putter cut down to 32". and my Tour V2 Rangefinder (with extra batteries of course)!  Ball - Srixon Z Star XV

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Guess I'll jump on this resurrected thread too!

Sergio Garcia

Ian Poulter

And for some odd reason I just don't root for Kaymer either, even though he seems like a nice guy.  Don't ask.....I don't get it either :no:

David

And for some odd reason I just don't root for Kaymer either, even though he seems like a nice guy.  Don't ask.....I don't get it either

LOL - I like Phil, but I always root against him....  I like to see him in the running, but I like to see him get beat too...  I have absolutely no idea why - I just like to see him lose for some reason...  I'm like "Philly down in flames...    YES!"  Something about seeing Phil struggle gives me enjoyment...  I like the guy too, I just don't want him to win anything... EVER - I always pull for someone else to beat him...

JP

In the bag:  R1 Diver, Rocketballz 3 tour spoon (13*), Adams A12 pro 18* hybrid, 4-P Callaway Razr x black (dg s400 shafts), 50* & 58* Ping Tour S, and TM Ghost Manta Putter cut down to 32". and my Tour V2 Rangefinder (with extra batteries of course)!  Ball - Srixon Z Star XV

Sabatini is fine and should be applauded - he abhors slow play and lets people know it. Quite right too.

None of these people I know and so the idea that I 'hate them' or 'root against them' - how can I?

Taylor Made R11S 9 Degree

Callaway X 3 Wood

Taylor Made 3 & 5 Rescue

Mizuno MP57 5-PW

Titleist Vokey 52, 60

Ping Scottsdale Anser

Bubba Watson has entered my list. Just a complete douche. No respect for Tiger but he is good for the game. Furyk and his 2 hour putting routines. Most Euros with Poulter being at the top of that list but he never wins so never had to worry about him except for the Ryder Cup.

Tiger, just because I hate how whenever he's playing in a tournament all the commentators focus on just him and no one else.

Driver: :cobra: BiO Cell (10.5º)

Wood: :ping: G15 3 (15.5°)

Hybrids: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 3 (21º), 4 (24º)

Irons: :callaway: Diablo Edge: 5-PW

Wedges: :cleveland:588 RTX CB 50º, Paradise Black Chrome II Sand Wedge 56º

Tiger, just because I hate how whenever he's playing in a tournament all the commentators focus on just him and no one else.

And that's Tiger's fault how?

Ron :nike: GOLF Embracing my Angry Black Male :mad:

I won't root for who ever is in the lead.

Not touching the second part of your statement ;) but I am totally like this as well.  I like underdogs and I like good competition, so I'm always rooting for the guys that are chasing.  (Good thing that my favorite sports teams always suck, so I never have to deviate from this philosophy :))

P.S.  Welcome to the forum!  Don't "drift" away. :-P

Note: This thread is 3490 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!