IGNORED

What is the brand of your Driver shaft ?

Note: This thread is 4642 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What is the brand on your Driver shaft?

• Aldila
    • Fujikura
    • Graphite Design
    • UST Mamiya
    • Grafalloy
    • Matrix
    • Mitsubishi
    • Oban
    • Project X
    • Miyazaki
    • Other

Completely depends on the club and the manufacturer.  It is entirely possible to order the "real" upgraded shaft with lots of clubs.  And the difference is not so much a quality issue, it's the characteristics of the shaft that usually change (kickpoint, tip stiffness, torque, flex, etc).  Do you do any research before you make statements in here as if they were fact?

Originally Posted by ronaldkuntoro

Quote:

Originally Posted by surfnspy

$300 sounds a little more reasonable. At the time of my fitting Roger Dunn was asking $499 for the DI-6s. Do you get shaft upgrades for less $$ directly from the club manufacturer when place your order?

Shaft upgrades from manufacturer are not the same with the Aftermarket shaft.   These shaft upgrades have less quality.....

Yeah I saw on ebay, thos Di-6 priced at $300.   You might wanna check ebay...

Originally Posted by max power

Completely depends on the club and the manufacturer.  It is entirely possible to order the "real" upgraded shaft with lots of clubs.  And the difference is not so much a quality issue, it's the characteristics of the shaft that usually change (kickpoint, tip stiffness, torque, flex, etc).  Do you do any research before you make statements in here as if they were fact?

Quote:

Shaft upgrades from manufacturer are not the same with the Aftermarket shaft.   These shaft upgrades have less quality.....

max power is correct. It's not a quality thing at all. "Made for Titleist" shafts, for example, are very similar to their counterparts but have specs that are slightly tailored to the clubhead that they go with.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Max Power,

Disagree....

I did more than research.  It's based on many People who have been using upgraded shaft from manufacturer.   It's also based on people who have worked in the Golf shaft industry.  I even visited several Golf shaft manufactures in the past.   Not to mention, many hours of conversation with private Club fitters.

It does not matter if it's from Titleist or Taylormade or any other club manufacturers.  They have less quality in order to be more price competitive.

That's also why the specs are different.  There are certain Shaft properties that make a shaft cheaper.  They are not different because they are made

to fit the Club heads.

Quote:

Quote:

$300 sounds a little more reasonable. At the time of my fitting Roger Dunn was asking $499 for the DI-6s. Do you get shaft upgrades for less $$ directly from the club manufacturer when place your order?

Whats in my Golf Bag:
Driver: Nike Sumo 5000
5 Wood: Mizuno MP-001
Iron: Mizuno MX-950 5-PW
Wedge: Cobra FP 60 degrePutter: Odyssey 2-BallBall: Yellow balls

Clearly you're going to believe what you want to believe.  I made two points-1) that you can often order the aftermarket shaft from the manufacturer , and 2) that the "made for" shaft often differs from the "real" shaft in terms of certain characteristics, not quality.  The made for shafts are usually tailored for the widest possible audience, and the aftermarket shafts are often tailored for the better player.  What are these certain shaft properties that make a shaft cheaper?  A low/mid kickpoint and a soft tip?  Producing a shaft with those characteristics is cheaper than making a high kickpoint shaft?  There are more expensive shafts available, no doubt.  But the difference in quality between a "made for" shaft and a $500 or $1000 aftermarket shaft is a whole lot smaller than the difference in price.

The research comment was not directed purely at this thread/comment by you.  The cumulative effect of your blanket thread questions and "fact declarations" is the clearest indicator that you lack research.

And nice job popping into other people's threads just to write "search Google."  Real classy response.

Max Power,

Disagree....

I did more than research.  It's based on many People who have been using upgraded shaft from manufacturer.   It's also based on people who have worked in the Golf shaft industry.  I even visited several Golf shaft manufactures in the past.   Not to mention, many hours of conversation with private Club fitters.

It does not matter if it's from Titleist or Taylormade or any other club manufacturers.  They have less quality in order to be more price competitive.

That's also why the specs are different.  There are certain Shaft properties that make a shaft cheaper.  They are not different because they are made

to fit the Club heads.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

No... it's not shaft kickpoint that makes a shaft cheaper.... If you use a Frequency Analyzer, cheaper shaft has less consistency... that's one.

Clearly you're going to believe what you want to believe.  I made two points-1) that you can often order the aftermarket shaft from the manufacturer, and 2) that the "made for" shaft often differs from the "real" shaft in terms of certain characteristics, not quality.  The made for shafts are usually tailored for the widest possible audience, and the aftermarket shafts are often tailored for the better player.  What are these certain shaft properties that make a shaft cheaper?  A low/mid kickpoint and a soft tip?  Producing a shaft with those characteristics is cheaper than making a high kickpoint shaft?  There are more expensive shafts available, no doubt.  But the difference in quality between a "made for" shaft and a $500 or $1000 aftermarket shaft is a whole lot smaller than the difference in price.

The research comment was not directed purely at this thread/comment by you.  The cumulative effect of your blanket thread questions and "fact declarations" is the clearest indicator that you lack research.

And nice job popping into other people's threads just to write "search Google."  Real classy response.

Whats in my Golf Bag:
Driver: Nike Sumo 5000
5 Wood: Mizuno MP-001
Iron: Mizuno MX-950 5-PW
Wedge: Cobra FP 60 degrePutter: Odyssey 2-BallBall: Yellow balls

• 5 months later...

I am now using Accra Tour Z M5 65+ in my driver and a M5 75+ in my 3 wood and absolutely love them, nothing is smoother and launches the ball perfectly for me

Yay Accra. I have the Dymatch RT in my driver, fairway and both hybrids. Great, consistent feel.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Aldila RIP, like it alot

In my bag:Driver: 910D2, 10.25˚, Aldila RIP, Fairway: 904F, 15˚, YS-6FW+ Stiff, Hybrid: Titleist 910H, Irons: S-58, 4-PW, DG S300, Wedges: Wishon 52˚, 56˚, Putter: Odyssey Black series i 1

Aldila RIP Reg in the 910D2 and an Aldila ProtoVS Reg in the 909D2

910d3, 910F, 910H, AP-2, Vokeys, and a Scotty Kombi.

In my signature . They are after market shafts for titleist .
What I Play:
913D3 9.5°Diamana Kai'li 70 Stiff  "C3" | 910F 15°, Diamana Kai'li 80 Stiff "D2" | 910H 19°,  Diamana Kai'li for Titleist 85 Hybrid Stiff | Titleist 714 AP2 4 to P Aerotech Steelfiber i110 S | SM4 Vokey 50.12, 54.14 & SM5 60.11K| 34" Edel Umpqua + 40g Counter Weight

Note: This thread is 4642 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!