IGNORED

Help me with my self driver fit

Note: This thread is 3681 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hi Everyone- I have been doing some self fitting with two Ping G 15 clubs. They are exactly the same except for the loft. Both have the UST tour red 69 gram shaft.

These are the averages with 12 swings each with the high and low numbers deleted from each end.

9 degree

Launch 10.3

Spin 2769

club speed 110

ball speed 160

10.5 degree

Launch 11.58

Spin 2747

club speed 110.3

ball speed 160.25

Give me your thoughts and also where the numbers could improve on the stats.

Thanks- Dale

Those are great numbers.

I'm surprised that the numbers are as close as they are.  Your launch angle and spin rates are almost ideal with the 10.5.

What were your carry and total distance figures?

Launch Monitor was set to my elevation at 5,000 feet and the cary was around 290 with total being 310 or so. Some got out there 330. My driving average for 2010 was 292 but this was with a different club( I15 ).

The 10.5 has almost ideal numbers. Your launch angle is slightly lower than what I recommend (Around 13), but you're really close. You hit it a long way, I have a higher swing speed and I don't hit it quite that far. I'm hoping that it wasnt the monitor you were hitting on if it was at a golf shop, they always beef up the numbers in them to get people to think they really hit the ball a mile. Before I got my driver fitted, I hit balls in a monitor and it was saying I was hitting 300+ consistently, then when I got on the launch monitor I was carrying about 275, and I hit it about that far consistently.

Originally Posted by granitegolf

Hi Everyone- I have been doing some self fitting with two Ping G 15 clubs. They are exactly the same except for the loft. Both have the UST tour red 69 gram shaft.

These are the averages with 12 swings each with the high and low numbers deleted from each end.

9 degree

Launch 10.3

Spin 2769

club speed 110

ball speed 160

10.5 degree

Launch 11.58

Spin 2747

club speed 110.3

ball speed 160.25

Give me your thoughts and also where the numbers could improve on the stats.

Thanks- Dale

For swing speed more than 100 Mph, what you really need is to have the right backspin.

For 160 Mph ball speed, 2750 is a very GOOD NUMBER.  It will also give more roll to your shot.

Looks like 10.5 right on the money.

Originally Posted by granitegolf

Launch Monitor was set to my elevation at 5,000 feet and the cary was around 290 with total being 310 or so. Some got out there 330. My driving average for 2010 was 292 but this was with a different club( I15 ).

What are you looking to gain over your I15?  Did side spin and shot dispersion vary between the 9 and 10.5 G15?

I'd be skeptical of the accuracy of the LM looking back at your initial numbers between the two.  What setup were you hitting on?

I question the carry distance but thats not important when doing a fitting. The 11.5* of launch you're getting out of the 10.5* is perfect for your swing speed and ball speed. Compare your I15 with the 10.5 G15 on the simulator and post it.

Note: This thread is 3681 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!