IGNORED

Tiger's Driver Clublength

ronaldkuntoro
Note: This thread is 4801 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by ronaldkuntoro

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickel_aTm

This reminds me of a quote in John Daly's book.  At some tournament, Daly was having a beer (or probably six) with some other players when Tiger passed through in workout gear to go lift.  John told Tiger to skip it and come have a drink.  Tiger replied (paraphrased) "John, if I had your talent I wouldn't have to work this hard."

If you combined Tiger's mental makeup and work ethic with Daly's raw talent, you'd have BY FAR the greatest golfer of all time.  But it's an imperfect world -- with Tiger still in his "funk" following getting busted and Daly in his ever-changing "funk" that is his life.

John Daly has not been on the leaderboard for a loooong time... The last I saw him on TV was on 2006 Tournament in San Francisco Harding Park Golf course.....  He was playing a playoff against Tiger WOODS and he lost.

FWIW Daly was among the leaders at the British last year.

Tiger doesn't release a lot of the specs of his golf clubs, so it's hard information to find. Just Google it. If you really want to figure it out, find a picture of Tiger Woods and do some geometry.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by jamo

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickel_aTm

This reminds me of a quote in John Daly's book.  At some tournament, Daly was having a beer (or probably six) with some other players when Tiger passed through in workout gear to go lift.  John told Tiger to skip it and come have a drink.  Tiger replied (paraphrased) "John, if I had your talent I wouldn't have to work this hard."

If you combined Tiger's mental makeup and work ethic with Daly's raw talent, you'd have BY FAR the greatest golfer of all time.  But it's an imperfect world -- with Tiger still in his "funk" following getting busted and Daly in his ever-changing "funk" that is his life.

John Daly has not been on the leaderboard for a loooong time... The last I saw him on TV was on 2006 Tournament in San Francisco Harding Park Golf course.....  He was playing a playoff against Tiger WOODS and he lost.

FWIW Daly was among the leaders at the British last year.

Tiger doesn't release a lot of the specs of his golf clubs, so it's hard information to find. Just Google it. If you really want to figure it out, find a picture of Tiger Woods and do some geometry.

You mean 2010 British Open???   No I don't see John Daly..... check the leader board:

http://www.pga.com/openchampionship/2010/scoring/index.cfm

I posted two videos of Tiger swinging Driver and 3 wood on this thread... Maybe you can help with the Geometry on that....

Whats in my Golf Bag:
Driver: Nike Sumo 5000
5 Wood: Mizuno MP-001
Iron: Mizuno MX-950 5-PW
Wedge: Cobra FP 60 degrePutter: Odyssey 2-BallBall: Yellow balls

You mean 2010 British Open???   No I don't see John Daly..... check the leader board:

I did check the leaderboard thank you very much, and by doing that I saw Daly's first round 66 which put him in a tie for third.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Originally Posted by jamo

Quote:

I did check the leaderboard thank you very much, and by doing that I saw Daly's first round 66 which put him in a tie for third.

Oh well only in the First Round.  You did not mention that.

He's at 48th in the Final Leaderboard.... gotta be suck dropping from 3rd to 48th....

Whats in my Golf Bag:
Driver: Nike Sumo 5000
5 Wood: Mizuno MP-001
Iron: Mizuno MX-950 5-PW
Wedge: Cobra FP 60 degrePutter: Odyssey 2-BallBall: Yellow balls

You've been given your answer several times.

A rudimentary search will tell you that Tiger plays a driver shaft of between 43 and 43 and a half inches.  Like most players, it is under the "standard" driver length and closer to driver lengths of a couple of decades ago.  A bit over current three wood length.

You have to stop yelling at people by typing in capitals. And demanding things. No please, no thankyou. nothing.  I can see that English is not your first language, so I'll make allowances for that.

Have a look at your threads - I'm not quite sure what you are trying to achieve.

When you make claims that are ridiculous or that can't be backed up, and people respond to them, don't get angry becuase people have moved away from your original comment.

You got your answer very early on. It is common knowledge amongst keen golfers.

Tiger is not "the best".  As far as driving goes (with a driver), I would seriously struggle to name many players he's better than.

At his best he is fantastic to watch.

At the moment he is exciting some of the time.

Yesterday's round in Dubai is a perfect example.

One of the things that has been proven over the last two years is that golf can be very exciting to watch without Tiger Woods. Last year's Fall Series was incredible.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Originally Posted by Shorty

You've been given your answer several times.

A rudimentary search will tell you that Tiger plays a driver shaft of between 43 and 43 and a half inches.  Like most players, it is under the "standard" driver length and closer to driver lengths of a couple of decades ago.  A bit over current three wood length.

He probably changes the length from time to time too, he's used several different shafts the last few years. In other words, there is not definitive answer.

In my bag:

• 2 weeks later...

I posted two videos of Tiger swinging Driver and 3 wood on this thread... Maybe you can help with the Geometry on that....

No such thing as the british open

it is "The Open"

The schoolteacher was taking her first golfing lesson. "Is the word spelt p-u-t or p-u-t-t?" she asked the instructor. "P-u-t-t is correct," he replied. "Put means to place a thing where you want it. Putt means merely a vain attempt to do the same thing."

Originally Posted by Chris G

No such thing as the british open

it is "The Open"

I always thought it was The Open Championship, but what do I know, being from Texas.

Actually, I just picking on you a bit because I think pointing that out was being a bit picky.

The Open, The Open Championship, or The British Open--is my favorite tournament. It has history, great courses, and with the rise in the quality of international golf, probably the strongest field of any of the majors.

One other comment relating to this thread, which is also off the subject.

One poster mentioned Tiger heading to the gym in his workout gear.

Working out is a good idea, but Tiger would be better off if he had never lifted anything heavier than a driver.

Originally Posted by Texian

I always thought it was The Open Championship, but what do I know, being from Texas.

Actually, I just picking on you a bit because I think pointing that out was being a bit picky.

The Open, The Open Championship, or The British Open--is my favorite tournament. It has history, great courses, and with the rise in the quality of international golf, probably the strongest field of any of the majors.

One other comment relating to this thread, which is also off the subject.

One poster mentioned Tiger heading to the gym in his workout gear.

Working out is a good idea, but Tiger would be better off if he had never lifted anything heavier than a driver.

My apologies I think I was been alittle picky, its just one of the very few things I have a habit to grind down on.

:)

The schoolteacher was taking her first golfing lesson. "Is the word spelt p-u-t or p-u-t-t?" she asked the instructor. "P-u-t-t is correct," he replied. "Put means to place a thing where you want it. Putt means merely a vain attempt to do the same thing."

Note: This thread is 4801 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!