Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ronaldkuntoro

Tiger's Driver Clublength

Note: This thread is 3153 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

30 posts / 5692 viewsLast Reply

Recommended Posts



Originally Posted by ronaldkuntoro

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickel_aTm

This reminds me of a quote in John Daly's book.  At some tournament, Daly was having a beer (or probably six) with some other players when Tiger passed through in workout gear to go lift.  John told Tiger to skip it and come have a drink.  Tiger replied (paraphrased) "John, if I had your talent I wouldn't have to work this hard."

If you combined Tiger's mental makeup and work ethic with Daly's raw talent, you'd have BY FAR the greatest golfer of all time.  But it's an imperfect world -- with Tiger still in his "funk" following getting busted and Daly in his ever-changing "funk" that is his life.

John Daly has not been on the leaderboard for a loooong time... The last I saw him on TV was on 2006 Tournament in San Francisco Harding Park Golf course.....  He was playing a playoff against Tiger WOODS and he lost.


FWIW Daly was among the leaders at the British last year.

Tiger doesn't release a lot of the specs of his golf clubs, so it's hard information to find. Just Google it. If you really want to figure it out, find a picture of Tiger Woods and do some geometry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Want to hide this ad? Register for free today!


Originally Posted by jamo

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronaldkuntoro

Quote:

Originally Posted by nickel_aTm

This reminds me of a quote in John Daly's book.  At some tournament, Daly was having a beer (or probably six) with some other players when Tiger passed through in workout gear to go lift.  John told Tiger to skip it and come have a drink.  Tiger replied (paraphrased) "John, if I had your talent I wouldn't have to work this hard."

If you combined Tiger's mental makeup and work ethic with Daly's raw talent, you'd have BY FAR the greatest golfer of all time.  But it's an imperfect world -- with Tiger still in his "funk" following getting busted and Daly in his ever-changing "funk" that is his life.

John Daly has not been on the leaderboard for a loooong time... The last I saw him on TV was on 2006 Tournament in San Francisco Harding Park Golf course.....  He was playing a playoff against Tiger WOODS and he lost.

FWIW Daly was among the leaders at the British last year.

Tiger doesn't release a lot of the specs of his golf clubs, so it's hard information to find. Just Google it. If you really want to figure it out, find a picture of Tiger Woods and do some geometry.


You mean 2010 British Open???   No I don't see John Daly..... check the leader board:

http://www.pga.com/openchampionship/2010/scoring/index.cfm

I posted two videos of Tiger swinging Driver and 3 wood on this thread... Maybe you can help with the Geometry on that....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Originally Posted by ronaldkuntoro

You mean 2010 British Open???   No I don't see John Daly..... check the leader board:

http://www.pga.com/openchampionship/2010/scoring/index.cfm



I did check the leaderboard thank you very much, and by doing that I saw Daly's first round 66 which put him in a tie for third.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades


Originally Posted by jamo

Quote:

Originally Posted by ronaldkuntoro

You mean 2010 British Open???   No I don't see John Daly..... check the leader board:

http://www.pga.com/openchampionship/2010/scoring/index.cfm

I did check the leaderboard thank you very much, and by doing that I saw Daly's first round 66 which put him in a tie for third.


Oh well only in the First Round.  You did not mention that.

He's at 48th in the Final Leaderboard.... gotta be suck dropping from 3rd to 48th....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You've been given your answer several times.

A rudimentary search will tell you that Tiger plays a driver shaft of between 43 and 43 and a half inches.  Like most players, it is under the "standard" driver length and closer to driver lengths of a couple of decades ago.  A bit over current three wood length.

You have to stop yelling at people by typing in capitals. And demanding things. No please, no thankyou. nothing.  I can see that English is not your first language, so I'll make allowances for that.

Have a look at your threads - I'm not quite sure what you are trying to achieve.

When you make claims that are ridiculous or that can't be backed up, and people respond to them, don't get angry becuase people have moved away from your original comment.

You got your answer very early on. It is common knowledge amongst keen golfers.

Tiger is not "the best".  As far as driving goes (with a driver), I would seriously struggle to name many players he's better than.

At his best he is fantastic to watch.

At the moment he is exciting some of the time.

Yesterday's round in Dubai is a perfect example.

One of the things that has been proven over the last two years is that golf can be very exciting to watch without Tiger Woods. Last year's Fall Series was incredible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Originally Posted by Shorty

You've been given your answer several times.

A rudimentary search will tell you that Tiger plays a driver shaft of between 43 and 43 and a half inches.  Like most players, it is under the "standard" driver length and closer to driver lengths of a couple of decades ago.  A bit over current three wood length.


He probably changes the length from time to time too, he's used several different shafts the last few years. In other words, there is not definitive answer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

it's funny how you can't spell "kuntoro" without....oh well, i guess i'll leave that alone...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards, Achievements, and Accolades



Originally Posted by ronaldkuntoro

You mean 2010 British Open???   No I don't see John Daly..... check the leader board:

http://www.pga.com/openchampionship/2010/scoring/index.cfm

I posted two videos of Tiger swinging Driver and 3 wood on this thread... Maybe you can help with the Geometry on that....



No such thing as the british open

it is "The Open"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


Originally Posted by Chris G

No such thing as the british open

it is "The Open"

I always thought it was The Open Championship, but what do I know, being from Texas.

Actually, I just picking on you a bit because I think pointing that out was being a bit picky.

The Open, The Open Championship, or The British Open--is my favorite tournament. It has history, great courses, and with the rise in the quality of international golf, probably the strongest field of any of the majors.

One other comment relating to this thread, which is also off the subject.

One poster mentioned Tiger heading to the gym in his workout gear.

Working out is a good idea, but Tiger would be better off if he had never lifted anything heavier than a driver.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Originally Posted by Texian

I always thought it was The Open Championship, but what do I know, being from Texas.

Actually, I just picking on you a bit because I think pointing that out was being a bit picky.

The Open, The Open Championship, or The British Open--is my favorite tournament. It has history, great courses, and with the rise in the quality of international golf, probably the strongest field of any of the majors.

One other comment relating to this thread, which is also off the subject.

One poster mentioned Tiger heading to the gym in his workout gear.

Working out is a good idea, but Tiger would be better off if he had never lifted anything heavier than a driver.



My apologies I think I was been alittle picky, its just one of the very few things I have a habit to grind down on.

:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Note: This thread is 3153 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



  • Want to join this community?

    We'd love to have you!

    Sign Up
  • 2019 TST Partners

    PING Golf
    FlightScope Mevo
  • Posts

    • The best courses in my opinion are the ones where there is risk and reward. Courses with hazards that penalize wayward shots. Courses with  tight fairways and graded rough. Course where if you miss the fairway by 3 yds you still have a shot at the green but if you are way off line you have to take some medicine or take some risks/ get creative. Bomb and gouge is boring AF.  Courses I really like watching golf at are Augusta, Bay Hill, le Golf National, Wentworth, Pebble Beach( but set up with tough rough), Valderrama.  I want to see birdies and eagles on a Sunday, but I also want to see drama and target golf courses don’t always deliver. I want to see shots from deep in the shit, from behind trees, blind approaches, bad bounces and balls in the water. I want players to have more than way to skin a course, not just Driver wedge, driver wedge. I don’t care what the winning score is to par as such, but if the course is hard and fair I believe it gives the best golf to watch and the best drama too.     
    • Best part about 12 holes is you get to hit the local watering hole after your round and respond to those nosy patrons that you shot a 68.  No need to tell them you were 20 over par... 😊
    • Spent time this past weekend doing my annual club/bag cleaning. I wipe down my clubs after every shot. During my golf year, about every couple of months they get get a more thorough cleaning. All this cleaning helps with longevity.  This weekend's work involved cleaning grips, and buffing the the club heads. I use dish detergent, and a light scratch pad on the grips, which helps to regain some of the tackiness to them. Gets the accumulated oil, and grime off of them.  I buff the heads to regain the lost luster. Just making them shiny again. I put my groove cleaner to good work. I pay close attention to the soles, to see how perpendicular the scratch lines are to the club face. This gives me a little info on my impact position.  Cleaning my bag is an adventure in itself. Old, forgotten snack bars that made their way to bottom of the bag. That, and lost change, and forgotten trash. I found my favorite divot tool that I thought I lost at Bandon Dunes a few months ago.  Everything gets taken out, and cleaned. Trash gets thrown away. The compartments get vacuumed. The zippers get some very light (Vaseline) lube. I check all the seams, and connecting points for stitching repairs as needed. Strap connections get a thorough look see. Electronic stuff gets new batteries.  I also clean, and repair the 5 head covers I use. They tend to get a little dirty. I use puppet heads on my metal woods. The "Big Dog" (St.Bernard) cover required a little stitching.  Good thing my wife tought me how to stitch with out poking my fingers too many times. Proper tools makes this an easy chore.   The last thing I do is give the outside of the bag a good wipe down, with a light coating of Amor All. Then I set it out in the sun to dry off, followed by another wipe down.   Once the cleaning is all done, I do the restocking of clubs, tees, balls, divot tools,  ball marker coins, rags, shoes, gps, lazer, extra batteries,  blank score cards, and anything else I think I might need. One of the larger compartments stays empty for that spur of the moment stuff, that might require an ice block. Like others, I always seem to miss that "NO OUTSIDE COOLERS, FOOD, OR BEVERSGES ALLOWED" signage.    As I said previously. Clean tools, properly maintained, last longer. I'd also hate to think I lost a stroke or two, due to a slippery grip, or dirty club head. 
    • 1. Inconsistent pre shot routines 2. Chatting too much 3. Playing to quickly
    • I carry mainly so don’t want too much extra weight.  1 13xclubs 2 6xballs 3 2xgloves 4 Bag of tees 5 Pencil 6 Sharpie marker 7 Pitchmark repair tool and ball marker 8 Towel 9 Rules book 10 Spare card of the course 11 Waterproof jacket ( if the W forecast is really bad) 12 Umbrella (as above) 13 Drink 14 Snack        
  • TST Blog Entries

  • Blog Entries

  • Today's Birthdays

    1. adamlevine
      adamlevine
      (25 years old)
    2. don28
      don28
      (51 years old)
    3. pope1086
      pope1086
      (33 years old)
    4. rosemiche
      rosemiche
      (5 years old)

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Welcome to TST! Signing up is free, and you'll see fewer ads and can talk with fellow golf enthusiasts! By using TST, you agree to our Terms of Use, our Privacy Policy, and our Guidelines.

The popup will be closed in 10 seconds...