IGNORED

Tiger Woods will never regain golf dominance

LargeMarge
Note: This thread is 4788 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Its like reading a classic tragedy - watching the fall of Tiger. Guilt and shame are continuing to erode his ability to play the game to the level he was once capable of.

I've got 10 bucks that says he loses his tour card within 5 years.

See:

http://www.pressdemocrat.com/article/20110210/NEWS/110219938?p=1&tc;=pg

-LM

Looks like you will be out of a tenner then.

Tiger may never again be the best player in the world but to say he will decline enough to be outside the top 125 on tour is laughable

check my email mate i am on paypal, i am awaiting your tenner,

he just put a great round out today in Dubai, he will never lose his card.

The schoolteacher was taking her first golfing lesson. "Is the word spelt p-u-t or p-u-t-t?" she asked the instructor. "P-u-t-t is correct," he replied. "Put means to place a thing where you want it. Putt means merely a vain attempt to do the same thing."

yea you're right, shooting a bogey free second round, looks like tiger gave the guy who wrote that article a big ol middle finger. where'd you get your lsd? out in 5 years? put the bottle down, take the pills out of your hands. you're in the .001% that is this dilusional to believe such a thing. what's your address, i'll take that 10 bet.

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

It will be an interesting weekend, to be sure.  Was today's 66 an indication of return to form, or is it merely an aberration in an otherwise mediocre season?

As far as Tiger leaving the tour in 5 years; I think it could happen, but only if he decides that his game is not worthy of his standards.  That is, I don't think he will allow himself to be an average player.  If he feels he can no longer compete in every tournament he enters, like 2010, I wouldn't be surprised if he retired.  But we shall see.

Aldreich "AKA" Tiger Woods is a washout weak minded soul....end of story....I cant stand him.

Adams 9065LD 8.5* with a Nunchuk shaft
Adams CB1 gw-4i with Project X 6.0 shafts , Mizuno MT-11 58* wedge
Callaway Steelhead 3
Tour Exotics Hybrid 16* and 18*
Ping long putter

Originally Posted by LargeMarge

We'll see Deasy - the mind is an amazing thing when it comes to golf. If your heads not right, you wont play well, and mr woods is demonstrating that very thoroughly for all of us.

I find it funny that you chose the day that he shoots a 66 to say this. Either way, I'll take you up on that bet in a heartbeat- if your 15 post count (a larger number of which are about Tiger Woods) didn't make me suspect you of trolling.

Originally Posted by basscat348

Aldreich "AKA" Tiger Woods is a washout weak minded soul....end of story....I cant stand him.

It's Eldrick.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• Administrator

I'll take that bet.

Oh, I already won it*. Please send my $10. PM me and I'll give you my address. Thank you.

* Tiger's won enough and been on Tour long enough that he has earned a lifetime membership to the PGA Tour.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Originally Posted by iacas

Quote:

I'll take that bet.

Oh, I already won it*. Please send my $10. PM me and I'll give you my address. Thank you.

* Tiger's won enough and been on Tour long enough that he has earned a lifetime membership to the PGA Tour.

I was wondering about that.

I don't think he'd lose his card anyway in the next five years. There is a chance he could return to form; I don't think his head is fully clear yet. I think it is possible he could regain number 1 if he gets things sorted out, but I don't think he can sustain the dominance he once had.  He is a great athlete and I certainly don't think he is over the hill just yet, but the birthdays are stacking up and the "hungry" youngsters are nipping at his heels. I am certainly not ready to write him off though; he will win again.

Don

In the bag:

Driver: PING 410 Plus 9 degrees, Alta CB55 S  Fairway: Callaway Rogue 3W PX Even Flow Blue 6.0; Hybrid: Titleist 818H1 21* PX Even Flow Blue 6.0;  Irons: Titleist 718 AP1 5-W2(53*) Shafts- TT AMT Red S300 ; Wedges Vokey SM8 56-10D Putter: Scotty Cameron 2016 Newport 2.5  Ball: Titleist AVX or 2021 ProV1

If Tiger ever dropped out of the top 20 in the world it would be so awesome. I doubt he'll ever lose his card. I can't stand him either.  If someone would have told you 15 mos ago that this scandle would happen, and he'd lose his game, you wouldn't have believe it. He is a phony and had us all fooled.

Did he?  I wasn't surprised at all.  Also don't care.  It's between him and his family.

Originally Posted by Todd Ruggere

Quote:

If Tiger ever dropped out of the top 20 in the world it would be so awesome. I doubt he'll ever lose his card. I can't stand him either.  If someone would have told you 15 mos ago that this scandle would happen, and he'd lose his game, you wouldn't have believe it. He is a phony and had us all fooled.

Ha ha ha. Pay up "Large Marge." I vote that "Large Marge" be banned if he doesn't pay up.

Dumbest thing I read today. And I subscribe to two local newspapers, so, I read a lot of dumb shit.

"The expert golfer has maximum time to make minimal compensations. The poorer player has minimal time to make maximum compensations." - And no, I'm not Mac. Please do not PM me about it. I just think he is a crazy MFer and we could all use a little more crazy sometimes.

He was a great player - and has god given talent. He had the opportunity to be the best and threw it away. Since he drug himself through the mud, He has no place next to names like Nicklaus, Hogan, and Jones. Now he has a headful of shame and regret and I for one hope he shanks every iron, slices every tee shot, and chili dips every wedge for years to come. God may giveth, and God may taketh away. Perhaps some of you have forgotten - this is supposed to be a gentlemens game.

-LM

• Administrator

He was a great player - and has god given talent. He had the opportunity to be the best and threw it away.

Was? Had?

Where's my ten bucks? Pay up.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Well-I kinda wish the same for you, and I don't even particularly like Tiger.  He has no obligation to you to be faithful to his wife.  He's already 2nd in majors, 3rd in tournaments won.  He could quit right now and still be in the greatest ever discussion (kinda like Bobby Jones).

He was a great player - and has god given talent. He had the opportunity to be the best and threw it away. Since he drug himself through the mud, He has no place next to names like Nicklaus, Hogan, and Jones. Now he has a headful of shame and regret and I for one hope he shanks every iron, slices every tee shot, and chili dips every wedge for years to come. God may giveth, and God may taketh away. Perhaps some of you have forgotten - this is supposed to be a gentlemens game.

-LM

Why is this even a discussion? Bad golf for Tiger is amazing golf for 75% of the tour. You know how many guys grind it out on tour every year just to make the top 125 on the money list? Tiger will play almost half the tournaments they do and still place near the top (last year being an exception). And lets be honest here, even if he retired today he could still be the best/most dominant player to ever play the game of golf. He has 14 times the number of majors as the 2 guys ahead of him in the world ranking combined. Lets face it, last year was a fluke, he'll pretty much always contend in the majors, and he's nowhere near done winning yet.

l Bag l TaylorMade Stand Bag

l Driver l TaylorMade '07 Burner 9.5* l 3-Wood l Titleist 910F 15* (D1 shaft setting)

l Hybrids l TaylorMade '07 Burner 19* : TaylorMade '10 Rescue 22*

l Irons l TaylorMade r7 5-PW l Wedges l Titleist Bob Vokey 52* 56* 60*

l Putter l Scotty Cameron California Del Mar 34" l Balls l TaylorMade Penta TP

Note: This thread is 4788 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!