IGNORED

Tiger Woods will never regain golf dominance

LargeMarge
Note: This thread is 4767 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by sean_miller

I didn't get past that bit. It turns out I've been living a lie and don't truly love golf. Getting on with my life now.

I said I don't see how, I didn't demand that everyone agree with me.  Alternatively, you could have formulated an intelligent response.  Oh, well...

Nothing in the swing is done at the expense of balance.

Originally Posted by sonicblue

I said I don't see how, I didn't demand that everyone agree with me.  Alternatively, you could have formulated an intelligent response.  Oh, well...

I responded with as much intelligence are your judgmental rant deserved. Should I have countered with, "I don't see how everyone other than a few hardcore fanboys isn't sick to death of Tiger Woods and his whiney cursing pouty mug, his rotating swing coaches (Sean Foley's weasely face in particular), his caddie (who's name escapes me right now), his poor manners, etcetera . . . "?

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

tiger is done....... usually, one only discovers how difficult it is to remain on that razor thin edge of perfection AFTER you've lost it.....tiger was/is no exception.

He had a GREAT run and it only further exemplifies Jack's unreal record.

I do believe tiger will win again, but he will not dominate anymore....no where near like the old days.

Can anyone think of any athlete in any sport who reached the level that Tiger did, or near it, fell on hard times, and came back just as strong? Let me know, because I don't think it can be done, especially with all the new talent that is emerging.

The era of Tiger as God is over. There might be an era of Tiger as Very Good Player, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Originally Posted by sean_miller

I responded with as much intelligence are your judgmental rant deserved. Should I have countered with, "I don't see how everyone other than a few hardcore fanboys isn't sick to death of Tiger Woods and his whiney cursing pouty mug, his rotating swing coaches (Sean Foley's weasely face in particular), his caddie (who's name escapes me right now), his poor manners, etcetera . . . "?

What, exactly, was judgmental about my post?  All I did was state my opinions of why Tiger getting back to form would make for good golf and good competition, continued competition, and yes, how I 'don't see how' someone else could not want a person who has played this game as good as nearly anyone ever has, to show us more of it, inasmuchas they'd like ANY top player to reach their best form.  It's not like I said, "yeah, and I hope Tiger pushes Rory McIlroy off the tour to a hot dog cart by year-end!!!!"  I don't see the judgmental part.

To boot, you call ME judgmental, and then proceed to use words like "whiny" as "weasley."  Are those objective somehow?

Nothing in the swing is done at the expense of balance.

My rhetorical question had quotation marks around it.

Originally Posted by sonicblue

What, exactly, was judgmental about my post?  All I did was state my opinions of why Tiger getting back to form would make for good golf and good competition, continued competition, and yes, how I 'don't see how' someone else could not want a person who has played this game as good as nearly anyone ever has, to show us more of it, inasmuchas they'd like ANY top player to reach their best form.  It's not like I said, "yeah, and I hope Tiger pushes Rory McIlroy off the tour to a hot dog cart by year-end!!!!"  I don't see the judgmental part.

To boot, you call ME judgmental, and then proceed to use words like "whiny" as "weasley."  Are those objective somehow?

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I mean some of you guys are ridiculous Tiger Woods could retire today and no one on tour will be a quarter of what he was. I am a Tiger fan i am not going to judge what he did off the course even though i feel bad for his wife and dont respect him as a person but he is agrueably the best golfer ever. He is really struggling i will admit but special talent just doesnt disappear. He will never fall below five because look at the top ten none of them win they just place well thats how they get there ranking. I mean the only guy that i feel should be one is McDowell he is amazing.

Originally Posted by franky21

I mean some of you guys are ridiculous Tiger Woods could retire today and no one on tour will be a quarter of what he was. I am a Tiger fan i am not going to judge what he did off the course even though i feel bad for his wife and dont respect him as a person but he is agrueably the best golfer ever. He is really struggling i will admit but special talent just doesnt disappear. He will never fall below five because look at the top ten none of them win they just place well thats how they get there ranking. I mean the only guy that i feel should be one is McDowell he is amazing.

McDowell - he's had a great 7 months...but I wouldnt view him as 'special' and certainly not 'amazing'...

TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°
TaylorMade RAC TP MB 3-PW
TaylorMade RAC TP 54°.10 / 58°.10
Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2

He is the only golfer other then Tiger that isnt scared of the spot light and loves the pressure. This year has been a great year for so far on top of switching equiptment. He is doing well he had a top 5 in Hawaii already. Westwood shouldnt be 1 he chokes everytime he is under pressure who cares about Kaymer because he plays on the euro tour which isnt close to as deep as the pga tour Phil is Phil he is good but up and down so I mean if Tiger isnt the best who is.

Quote:

He is the only golfer other then Tiger that isnt scared of the spot light and loves the pressure. This year has been a great year for so far on top of switching equiptment. He is doing well he had a top 5 in Hawaii already. Westwood shouldnt be 1 he chokes everytime he is under pressure who cares about Kaymer because he plays on the euro tour which isnt close to as deep as the pga tour Phil is Phil he is good but up and down so I mean if Tiger isnt the best who is.

Pre-2010, McDowell couldn't get arrested and he's just like Westwood: a grinder.

"Westwood shouldnt be 1 he chokes everytime he is under pressure who cares about Kaymer because he plays on the Euro tour which isnt close to as deep as the PGA tour"

That post actually made me 'laugh-out-loud'.

TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°

well im glad you got some humor out of it lol but its the truth. I have to admit Kaymer is doing good so far in the accenture

Originally Posted by RichF

Quote:

Pre-2010, McDowell couldn't get arrested and he's just like Westwood: a grinder.

"Westwood shouldnt be 1 he chokes everytime he is under pressure who cares about Kaymer because he plays on the Euro tour which isnt close to as deep as the PGA tour"

That post actually made me 'laugh-out-loud'.

the difference with McDowell is he has a major Westwood doesnt, McDowell actually beat Tiger Tiger didnt lose McDowell beat him with some amazing putts and Tiger was playing amazing but all the Tiger haters dont remember that tourny. Westwood has more second place finishes then Mickleson lol which isnt a easy platue to reach. But at  least Mickleson has some majors under his belt.

Tiger is going to drop to 5th or 6th in the World Rankings this week depending  on how well Luke Donald does.The top 10 will be something like this:

1 Lee Westwood

2 Martin Kaymer

3 Graeme McDowell

4 Phil Mickelson

5 Luke Donald

6 Tiger Woods

7 Paul Casey

8 Rory McIlroy

9 Matt Kuchar

10 Steve Stricker

Quote:

well im glad you got some humor out of it lol but its the truth. I have to admit Kaymer is doing good so far in the accenture the difference with McDowell is he has a major Westwood doesnt, McDowell actually beat Tiger Tiger didnt lose McDowell beat him with some amazing putts and Tiger was playing amazing but all the Tiger haters dont remember that tourny. Westwood has more second place finishes then Mickleson lol which isnt a easy platue to reach. But at  least Mickleson has some majors under his belt.

No! It's not the truth!! ( well, the Westwood part is, sure, LOL )

What I mean is...look at the difference between Kaymer and McDowell - it's like Night and Day.

G-Mac has just had a great past 7 months since his Wales Open win at Celtic Manor...Kaymer's been playing lights-out since early-2009 and has more wins in one year than McDowell has in three .

It's no secret that I'm a 'Kaymer-ite'...but I know stellar-talent when I see it.

As for the PGA/Euro comparison: a) it's been done to death and b) I think you know the tide is truly turning in a big way now.

TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°

Quote:

Tiger is going to drop to 5th or 6th in the World Rankings this week depending  on how well Luke Donald does.The top 10 will be something like this:

1 Lee Westwood

2 Martin Kaymer

3 Graeme McDowell

4 Phil Mickelson

5 Luke Donald

6 Tiger Woods

7 Paul Casey

8 Rory McIlroy

9 Matt Kuchar

10 Steve Stricker

I don't know what he's going to do...sign up for Honda Classic, Shell Houston, Valero Texas, etc, to get some ranking points back?

It's all well and good his mates suggesting his 'swing is clicking on the range'... but let's see it where it counts.

At this rate, guys like Kuchar, Casey and McIlroy are going to pass him soon as well...

TaylorMade R9 460 9.5°
TaylorMade R9 13°

Feb. 23 - 27 World Golf Championships-Accenture Match Play
March 03 - 06 The Honda Classic
March 10 - 13 Puerto Rico Open presented by seepuertorico.com
March 10 - 13 World Golf Championships-Cadillac Championship
March 17 - 20 Transitions Championship
March 24 - 27 Arnold Palmer Invitational presented by MasterCard
March 31 - April 03 Shell Houston Open
April 07 - 10 Masters Tournament #

He will probably play the WGC in 3 weeks at TPC, then Palmer Invitational at Bay Hill and the Masters two weeks later.

He might play another tournament in between, perhaps the Honda Classic, since he got so little playtime this week.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Kaymer is a good player but McDowell i think is just amazing under pressure and how many of those wins that Kaymer has were on the pga tour. You have to understand from top to bottom euro tour isnt close to as deep as the pga tour a win is a win but im mean its not close to the same.Playful time on the tour then i will have a little more respect not saying he isnt a good player but the best dont play on the euro tour.

Originally Posted by franky21

Playful time on the tour then i will have a little more respect not saying he isnt a good player but the best dont play on the euro tour.

The Official World Golf Ranking beg to differ.

1. Westwood 8.21
2. Kaymer 7.54

3. Woods 6.46
4. McDowell 6.36
5. Mickelson 6.27
6. Casey 6.03
7. McIlroy 5.67

8. Stricker 5.57
9. Donald 5.27
10. Furyk 5.23

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 4767 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!