IGNORED

Titleist Pro V1(x) vs. Bridgestone B330-s vs. Srixon Z-Star ?

Note: This thread is 4287 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My pro suggested to move on to high spin ball like the Pro V1x, B330-s or Z-star ...... how do these compare ?

I played the V1x last year (X-outs) and found them a bit loud sounding in putting (no insert Rife Abaco) ...... the big plus is that the Pro V1x is sold in about any shop, while both the others are about only available online ...... no big deal of course.

I like distance from the tee (less spin), a lot of greenside/wegde spin and a softer feel/sound when putting.

Please advise ?

Cal Razr Hawk 10.5 | TM Superfast 3W | Adams Idea Pro Black 20 | MP-68 3-PW | TW9 50/06 + 58/12 | Ram Zebra Putter

well, the v1x isn't designed to spin as much as the 330-s or the regular z-star...i'd say the most durable would be the 330-s (through personal experience, i tend to shred balls with a wedge), I don't honestly know where you live but, you can find v1x's, 330's and z-stars at any dicks, golf galaxy or golf store...

In my Titleist 2014 9.5" Staff bag:

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

I can testify that the Srizon Z Stars, for the price, are the best balls out there. I do not lose distance, and the ball spins very very nicely. Never tried the bridgestones, and personally not a big fan of Pro V1's price.

Originally Posted by DannyB215

I can testify that the Srizon Z Stars, for the price, are the best balls out there. I do not lose distance, and the ball spins very very nicely. Never tried the bridgestones, and personally not a big fan of Pro V1's price.

i have to disagree with every aspect of your post for the simple fact that i'm a yankee fan. that is all. hahaha but seriously, +1 on the stars...even if you arreeeeee a philly fan.

Cobra Bio+ 9* Matrix White Tie X  - Taylormade SLDR 15* ATTAS 80X - Titleist 910H 19* ATTAS 100X - Taylormade '13 TP MC 4-PW PX 6.5 - Vokey TVD M 50* DG TI X100 - Vokey SM4 55 / Vokey SM5 60* DG TI S400 - Piretti Potenza II 365g

Hahah I was waiting on that one from someone!! I'd hate me too if I was a NY fan...Let's not get together and play sometime!! haha just kidding.

but seriously...lets not. bah hahaahaha sorry, had to

I prefer the regular z-stars over any other soft ball I've tried. As a bonus, the yellow ones are ridiculously durable. They seem to resist scuffing and marking even better then their white siblings, though I have no idea why. They're also on sale most places because Srixon is coming out with a new and (allegedly) improved version soon. It will have a larger core for more ball speed and a thinner, softer cover for increased greenside spin. The new xv ball may be right up your street, as it is reportedly somewhere in between the current z-star and z-star x in terms of putter feel but very low spin off the driver.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Im not really a fan of the Z-Stars.  I dont care for the way they feel at impact.  They feel deadcome coming off the clubface, like your hitting a rock.  Of the 3, I prefer the Bstones the best but you cant for wrong with Pro V1xs if you can afford them.

Whats in my :sunmountain: C-130 cart bag?

Woods: :mizuno: JPX 850 9.5*, :mizuno: JPX 850 15*, :mizuno: JPX-850 19*, :mizuno: JPX Fli-Hi #4, :mizuno: JPX 800 Pro 5-PW, :mizuno: MP T-4 50-06, 54-09 58-10, :cleveland: Smart Square Blade and :bridgestone: B330-S

Another Z-Star fan here… Im currently playing the B330-RX, but my swing is still developing. And the dozen Srixon Z-stars I played were awesome!!

I would suggest trying the TaylorMade Penta ball as well. That is by far the best premium ball out there. I like the Z-Stars, and for the price they are unbeatable, BUT those Penta's are wicked off the clubface and spin like a mofo!! Waaaaaay better than a Pro-V imo...

Top premium balls in my opinion, and in order

TaylorMade Penta

Bridgestone B330-??? (take your pick since each type is different)

Srixon Z-Star

Titleist Pro-V1's

In my Ogio bag.

Titleist 910D2 driver, Adams irons & hybrid, Callaway wedges & a Nike Method putter.

And a yellow ball.

The great irony of life: "If nobody gets out alive, what's holding you back!?"

I've always wondered about the Pentas...I'll definitely give them a shot!

Honestly, I really do think they are better than all the rest. And Im saying that because Ive played them all. I may not have the lowest handicap, but I can tell/feel the difference between them all. Go buy a sleeve of thee and you'll know almost instantly. Its the best "all around" ball produced today. Its almost the most underrated ball in golf…

I would be interested to see how many tour pros are playing the TaylorMade Penta ball.

And a few stores locally (So. California) have them on sale.

In my Ogio bag.

Titleist 910D2 driver, Adams irons & hybrid, Callaway wedges & a Nike Method putter.

And a yellow ball.

Originally Posted by SVTGolfer

Honestly, I really do think they are better than all the rest. And Im saying that because Ive played them all. I may not have the lowest handicap, but I can tell/feel the difference between them all. Go buy a sleeve of thee and you'll know almost instantly. Its the best "all around" ball produced today. Its almost the most underrated ball in golf…

I would be interested to see how many tour pros are playing the TaylorMade Penta ball.

And a few stores locally (So. California) have them on sale.

That ball did not sell well AT ALL, we had a hell of a time trying to sell those son of a guns. I played the ball pretty much all summer because of a promotion I got from work where I was given a few dozen after I played a few of the sleeves they sent out in the beginning of spring last year.

I do not personally think they are better than the Pro-V, I found I lost a lot of greenside spin with controlled knock down hop and stop shots. I did not feel one bit of a difference between that and the Penta. They both felt exactly alike, but I did not see the greenside control in the Penta that I get out of a Pro-V or even a Srixon or Bridgestone ball.

Taylormade can try and dent Titleists balls market, but they are not doing it quickly and certainly not with the Penta.

titleist.gif 910 D2 10.5 -- Diamana A'hina X
titleist.gif 909 F3 15.0 --  Matrix Ozik X-Con
titleist.gif 910 CB 4-PW -- Project X 6.0
cleveland.gif CG10 52, 56, 60.
cameron.gif   Studio Design 1.0   titleist.gif Pro V1    c2_beer.gif It's a Wisconsin thing.

Simply, Taylormade is not a name that people think about when they think about golf balls, but I wonder why, if the ball is not selling well, why they're still at that price!!

I think its hard to change peoples minds about golf balls honestly. People don't generally like to try new products, and sometimes a dozen balls is a longer term relationship than some players want. Hahaha, my uncle was like that. He's bought a dozen balls that he's hit 2 or 3 out of 12 and doesn't like them. Then I would get them… Hahaha.

But in a current world market where marketing and advertising are everything, and product performance isn't, the little guys or new products are'nt given a chance really. Think of what TaylorMade could have done if they had marketed those balls like they do their (crappy) drivers… Totally different if you ask me. I just think it wasn't given a chance. Titleist corners the market in golf balls, but they're not the best. They're just the most marketed ball in golf.

I think people just buy into the hype, and well, the mental game has a bigger impact than a good swing for most…

In my Ogio bag.

And a yellow ball.

Simply, Taylormade is not a name that people think about when they think about golf balls, but I wonder why, if the ball is not selling well, why they're still at that price!!

Well one reason is because they keep making a ball that people like for only a season or two, then the company that was making them either gets bought, sold, or goes under. A lot of people loved the tp reds & blacks. Then they changed, and you can hardly find them anymore.

The Penta is, "I think," The ball that they have finally put some research and development into and made with their own company. I could be wrong about that, but TaylorMade used to out source for their golfballs.

I cant believe Im sticking up for a TaylorMade product at all. I hate TaylorMade stuff!! Hahaha

In my Ogio bag.

And a yellow ball.

Without reading all the other posts, I'm not sure if anyone mentioned that B330-S and Pro-V1 are for all intensive purposes - Identical.

Anyway, Bridgestone has had the better TESTING ball in recent years for spin.

Added bonus, I just bought 1dz B330-S for $35 Australian. So, roughly $36-37 US.

That's a nice price for a great ball.

I think the Bridgestone is better than the ProV1…

In my Ogio bag.

And a yellow ball.

How come nobodys mentioned callaway's high end ball ? I thought the penta was a pretty decent ball.The srixon I hated.The bridgestone was ok.The newest pro v1x was pretty good but the price wasnt.For the price and money top-flight gamer maybe.

Adams 9065LD 8.5* with a Nunchuk shaft
Adams CB1 gw-4i with Project X 6.0 shafts , Mizuno MT-11 58* wedge
Callaway Steelhead 3
Tour Exotics Hybrid 16* and 18*
Ping long putter

Note: This thread is 4287 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!