IGNORED

My Swing (iacas)

iacas

Because I don't want to embarrass you all THAT much. :D

To late for that. Damage is done. Consider me embarassed.

-Matt-

"does it still count as a hit fairway if it is the next one over"

DRIVER-Callaway FTiz__3 WOOD-Nike SQ Dymo 15__HYBRIDS-3,4,5 Adams__IRONS-6-PW Adams__WEDGES-50,55,60 Wilson Harmonized__PUTTER-Odyssey Dual Force Rossie II

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Originally Posted by Beachcomber

Erik, why doesn't she have her own swing thread?!

Originally Posted by iacas

Because I don't want to embarrass you all THAT much. :D

Originally Posted by colin007

Well, for fricks sake...

Originally Posted by 14ledo81

To late for that. Damage is done. Consider me embarassed.

I know for a fact she can win any debate on any subject too.

Shucks, worst swing ever. If I had this swing I would give up on just everything golf related. just hoooooorrible.

Driver: 10.5* callaway Razr Hawk Tour - 350 yards(usually into the wind, it can be windy here. at least 400 with a little wind behind me)

Hybrids: 2 and 3 callaway Hybrid razr tour (312 and 287 respectively)

Irons: 3i-10i callaway forged standard length(278, 263, 250, 235, 221, 213, 201, 190)

Wedges: callaway jaws cc 52* 12 approach, 56* 16 sand, 60* 13 lob (0-185)

Odyssey Black tour #9 putter(5 ft, i'm always at least within 5 feet on my approach shot)

I wonder who on this forum is a PGA tour pro, disguised as a normal player.. 

2013: play in the US amateur qualifier

Originally Posted by onephenom

Shucks, worst swing ever. If I had this swing I would give up on just everything golf related. just hoooooorrible.

um...did you forget a smiley?

Colin P.

• Administrator
Originally Posted by colin007

um...did you forget a smiley?

Did he need one? :)

I'm just curious whether he meant mine or my kid's. :)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Did he need one? :)

I'm just curious whether he meant mine or my kid's. :)

You have your kids swings in here? Hmmm, maybe if there wasn't 12 or 13 pages when I started watching this thread I would have found them :)

Driver: 10.5* callaway Razr Hawk Tour - 350 yards(usually into the wind, it can be windy here. at least 400 with a little wind behind me)

Irons: 3i-10i callaway forged standard length(278, 263, 250, 235, 221, 213, 201, 190)

Odyssey Black tour #9 putter(5 ft, i'm always at least within 5 feet on my approach shot)

• Administrator

A little more work. Adding some downswing components (footwork).

Video is from my iPhone set into the crease of the next mat over. Thought I might get all of myself, but I didn't. Oh well.

It's uploading.

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

The video was about 2 minutes and Erik hit one ball....everyone paying attention?

Mike McLoughlin

Check out my friends on Evolvr!
Follow The Sand Trap on Twitter!  and on Facebook
Golf Terminology -  Analyzr  -  My FacebookTwitter and Instagram 

• Administrator
Originally Posted by mvmac

The video was about 2 minutes and Erik hit one ball....everyone paying attention?

Seriously.

Besides, if you pay for range balls, this is a great way to practice for about $2/week. :D

Backswing seems a bit slow, yeah? :)

And that's what "Talent Coding" is. Nice Work.

Driver - Titleist 913D2 10.5* 3 Wood - Tour Edge Exotics XCG 3 15* Hybrid - Ping G20 20* Hybrid - Ping G20 23* Irons - Ping i20 5-PW KBS Tour Wedges - Titleist Vokey SM4 50* 54* 58* Putter - Tom Slighter Snubnose

Riveting!

I am the polar opposite of this. Go to the range meaning to intently focus on one piece and end up making all of three practice swings and bashing 300 balls.

Stretch.

"In the process of trial and error, our failed attempts are meant to destroy arrogance and provoke humility." -- Master Jin Kwon

Seriously.

Besides, if you pay for range balls, this is a great way to practice for about $2/week. :D

Do you hide the rest of the basket in the bushes till the next day? LOL.

Actually this can cut both ways. My only option for hitting real balls in the winter (I hit callaway HX foam balls in the basement) is to go to the heated dome but the guy charges 27$ an hour!!!!!! In the old days I could justify the cost as I would plow through 3-4 buckets in an hour, blisters and all!

Now that this site has ingrained the idea of slow and purposeful practice I really can't go there because I would likely only hit a bucket at most. Almost as expensive as playing golf. But I'm getting a lot better and a lot faster, I can only imagine how awesome it would be if there were any decent instructors around here.

Too bad my camera angles in my basement are so restricted, winter would be the perfect time to start evolvr, maybe this summer.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Quick question, do you always hinge this quickly or is it directly related to something specific you are working on? I have started hinging (and folding my trail elbow) sooner than I ever have in the past and like the results. More compact and repeatable, seems to have less wild and wooly variables when I keep it all compact and I feel like I have more time if you know what I mean.

Yours in earnest, Jason.

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

• Administrator
Originally Posted by Stretch

I am the polar opposite of this. Go to the range meaning to intently focus on one piece and end up making all of three practice swings and bashing 300 balls.

I've seen how hard you hit them. I wouldn't describe that as "bashing"...

Originally Posted by Ernest Jones

Do you hide the rest of the basket in the bushes till the next day? LOL.

Go with your buddies. Four of you can split a medium bucket. :)

Actually this can cut both ways. My only option for hitting real balls in the winter (I hit callaway HX foam balls in the basement) is to go to the heated dome but the guy charges 27$ an hour!!!!!! In the old days I could justify the cost as I would plow through 3-4 buckets in an hour, blisters and all!

Now that this site has ingrained the idea of slow and purposeful practice I really can't go there because I would likely only hit a bucket at most. Almost as expensive as playing golf. But I'm getting a lot better and a lot faster, I can only imagine how awesome it would be if there were any decent instructors around here.

Yeah... If you pay by the hour, you're better off doing the SSSSS work at home, with a mirror or something.

Quick question, do you always hinge this quickly or is it directly related to something specific you are working on? I have started hinging (and folding my trail elbow) sooner than I ever have in the past and like the results. More compact and repeatable, seems to have less wild and wooly variables when I keep it all compact and I feel like I have more time if you know what I mean.

I tend to roll my arms a bit, get under at 2, and not let my right elbow fold and be soft early on, so my right shoulder would get high. Effectively I'd have a steep shoulder turn and a shallow shaft, and be stuck compensating (granted I could compensate pretty well) the rest of the time. I'm trying to hinge faster as hinging helps counter rolling and also stops my shoulders from getting quite so steep.

As I said before the feeling is Arms (to A2.3), Torso (feel like I only turn to get to the top from A2), Arms (arms get down fast, now while the hips go forward and my foot banks), and Torso (to finish the rotation on the downswing and get the clubhead out of the ground).

Arms, Torso, Arms*, Torso.

* That's the same as the "SLAM" feeling I had for awhile a few pages ago.

As I said before the feeling is Arms (to A2.3), Torso (feel like I only turn to get to the top from A2), Arms (arms get down fast, now while the hips go forward and my foot banks), and Torso (to finish the rotation on the downswing and get the clubhead out of the ground).

Arms, Torso, Arms*, Torso.

* That's the same as the "SLAM" feeling I had for awhile a few pages ago.

Holy serendipity! It's like you crawled inside my head with this post!

I have been feeling and working on the exact same sequence in my BS, all arms and wrists to get to P2 earlier and then twisting up with the shoulder turn. Haven't been sure where to go from there, I'm making good contact but I think it can be better and simpler.

Your thoughts on fast arms in sync with hip thrust and trail foot push and then finish with the torso/shoulder just made a loud clicking sound in my brain lol.

I think I have a much better understanding of how to use this drill now:

Now I gotta go back and find the SLAM posts.

Good stuff

Yours in earnest, Jason.