IGNORED

What Ball Do You Play??

Note: This thread is 4709 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

as of right now i am playing the soft feel srixon ball but im going to switch to the srixon ad 333

because it has a little more compression but still has the awsome feel of the putter face and around the greens that the srixon soft feel does

clubs in my adams golf bag

adams 9032 driver 9.5 degree

adams hybrid 3 19degree and 4 21 degree

adams A7 irons 5-pw

tom watson pvd 56 degree sand wedge

heavy putter

Srixon trispeed or z-star yellow

The schoolteacher was taking her first golfing lesson. "Is the word spelt p-u-t or p-u-t-t?" she asked the instructor. "P-u-t-t is correct," he replied. "Put means to place a thing where you want it. Putt means merely a vain attempt to do the same thing."

Right now I'm playing the Titleist NXT Tours (the 2009 model to be exact).  I've been picking them up at Roger Dunns for $1.50 each (they're logo overruns).  I like the way they feel and I had my best round with one so as long as I keep playing well I'll keep using them.

I previously was playing the Top Flite Gamer V2s and REALLY liked that ball... I was very surprised by its feel and durability but I had a few bad rounds with one, and while it definitely wasn't the fault of the ball I just needed to change it up to try to get back some confidence... If the NXTs start misbehaving I may give the Gamers another go.

I've also played the Bridgestone B330RX (got them on a good deal), Pro V1x's (found, never actually bought them), and a few other "tour" balls and while I really like them, they are just too much money; anything more than $25/dz and it's too expensive for me.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I like the Srixon ZSTAR and am looking forward to the release of the new ZSTAR XV.

I heard that its the ball that was developed for Ryo Ishikawa

I originally said Srixon AD333 which I still play just not exclusively since I bought some Bridgestone e5's and e6. I also found that I had bought some Noodle's, Topflites, D2's that I had forgot I bought. I know have something like 107 brand new golf balls. I guess I should stop buying them when I go to Golfsmith. I wonder if I can return the old Noodles and d2's for some Srixon or Bridgestone. Either way I have been enjoying the e6's.

:sunmountain: eco lite stand Bag
:tmade: Sim 2 Max driver
 :callaway: Mavrick 20 * hybrid
:tmade: M2 3HL                               :mizuno: JPX 923 5-gw                           

Lazrus 52, 56 wedges

:scotty_cameron:
:true_linkswear:-Lux Hybrid, Lux Sport, Original 1.2

:clicgear:

I rotate between different balls depending on the weather or the importance of the round.
I play the D2 Feel, the Gamer V2, and my "go to" ball is the NXT Tour. I don't desire any extreme backspin, at least not right now.

In The Bag....
Driver: Cobra ZL
Woods: Callaway X Hot
Irons: Gigagolf GX2 Hybrids, Nike Pro Combo
Wedges: Titleist Vokey 60º, Gigagolf SGS Black 52º, 56º
Putter:
Nike IC 20-20 Mallet
Ball: Top Flite Gamer V2, D2 Feel, Titleist NXT Tour and Srixon AD333

I live on a golf course so I haven't paid for balls in 8 years.  My favorite is Callaway tour i(z) then pro v1x....I like the firmer feel.

In my Ogio bag:
Ping B60 Isoforce,

2 Rusty Callaway wedges w/riffle 6.0,

Ping ISI BeCu w/riffle 6.0,
Callaway Heavenwood 3,

Callaway Big Bertha 4 wood,

and a Ping G10 driver!

Pinnacle Gold. Where I play hardly anyone plays that brand so, I don't have to mark them.

In my Bag Boy XLT-15 bag:
Cobra 10.5* Speed Pro S driver
Cobra 15* Speed Pro 3W
Cobra 20* Baffler Pro
Cobra UFI 4-PW,GW,SW,LW Graphite Cobra Melbourne II putter Ball = Pinnacle: FX Long Gold Cart = ClicGear 2.0 in yellow

I pulled out a sleeve of TP Reds (only got two left) yesterday for a 9 hole round and shot 3 under, with 4 birdies.  I remembered that my lowest 18 hole score was with the TP Black, so that's what I'm going to stick with.  I've still got about 12 sleeves of the Maxfli C3 Gold/Black (TP Red and Black under another name), so I'm gonna put these in play for a while and then probably pick up some more of the TP Black for $30/box.

I play Pentas, because I like them around the green.  Others tell me the same about their version of ProV1, either because they like more, or less spin.  Where I come from on this topic is to back up and look at it from the 35000 foot level.  Do you really think Phil and Ernie would play Callaway if Titleist were "better".  Do you really think Tiger would play Nike if the others were better. Do we think that Stricker would play Titleist if Bridgestones were a better ball, etc., etc., etc.

They all play an equally good ball that gives them what they want.  Pick one, any one, but for me, I look around the green. Every manufacturer has a "best ball" for you.  I just like Pentas, and I preferred NXT Tours over ProV1s when I played Titleist....oh, well.

My Stuff:
Taylormade Supertri - 10.5    Taylormade Burner - 15.0
Taylormade Rescues - 19 and 22    Nickent Rescue - 26
Alpha RX-1 -  6 - pw     Ping - 50  Taylormade - 54    Callaway - 58 
Cameron Studio Design 5     Taylormade Pentas  

Originally Posted by max power

I pulled out a sleeve of TP Reds (only got two left) yesterday for a 9 hole round and shot 3 under, with 4 birdies.  I remembered that my lowest 18 hole score was with the TP Black, so that's what I'm going to stick with.  I've still got about 12 sleeves of the Maxfli C3 Gold/Black (TP Red and Black under another name), so I'm gonna put these in play for a while and then probably pick up some more of the TP Black for $30/box.

My last two rounds I played the TP Black LDP for the first time ever. All I can say is wow! After two years of searching I have found my ball. Long and straight off the tee, green grabbing spin (but not too much like the v-1) from the low irons, and a nice click and roll off the putter.

Edit to say that the reason I hadn't played the TP black (or any other TM ball for that matter) is that I'm sort of an oddball and like swim against the stream so to speak.

I play Pro V1's typically. Sometimes I will buy a sleeve or two of the Bridgestone B330's, but always find myself going back to the Pro V1's. I want to try Srixon balls at some point in time because I hear so much good about them, but I never think about it when I am at the golf store.

Titleist 905T 9.5* (Mitsubishi Rayon JAVLN FX V7)

Titleist 909F2 13.5* (Oban Devotion 7)

Titleist 906F4 15.5* (Aldila VS Proto 80-S)

Cobra S3 Pro Forged-M 3-PW (DG SL300's hard stepped)

Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 54* & 60*

Scotty Cameron Circa 62

Titleist 9.5 S83 Staff Bag

FJ Icon, Sport, and DryJoy's

So I had a couple bad rounds with those NXT Tours that I had been playing good with and ran out so I picked up some Gamer V2s again... good ball, still played pretty bad... 50 mph winds my last two rounds did not help though... not the balls fault.

Today I was at Pete Carlson's (local golf shop) and they had a bin of used balls for $9/dz or $24/3 dz... I ended up picking up a 3 dozen assortment of Pentas, Pro V1 and V1Xs, One Tours and Tour Ds, Z Stars, and B330-RXs and RXSs.  They are all in great shape... all but three look brand new and even those three only have very minor blemishes nothing that would keep me from playing it... I should be stocked up for a while now and I'll get to see if one ball plays better than the other for me.

Tristan Hilton

My Equipment: 
PXG 0211 Driver (Diamana S+ 60; 10.5°) · PXG 0211 FWs (Diamana S+ 60; 15° and 21°) · PXG 0211 Hybrids (MMT 80; 22°, 25°, and 28°) · PXG 0311P Gen 2 Irons (SteelFiber i95; 7-PW) · Edel Wedges (KBS Hi-Rev; 50°, 55°, 60°) · Edel Classic Blade Putter (32") · Vice Pro or Maxfli Tour · Pinned Prism Rangefinder · Star Grips · Flightscope Mevo · TRUE Linkswear Shoes · Sun Mountain C130S Bag

On my MacBook Pro:
Analyzr Pro

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 1 month later...

I've always played Srixon AD333's. A week or two ago I bought some lake ball AD333's to give them a go and one of the balls was a Srixon Z-Star. On Saturday I OB'd an AD333 with a horrible 3 wood slice and grabbed what I thought was an AD333 but as I tee'd up I noticed it was a Z-Star. So much softer! Lovely distance on it, nice soft green play and no scuffing at the end of my round.

I'll be sticking with it for as long as possible but not sure it's worth double the price of the AD333 at my standard of golf.

Also have the V2 Gamer on my "to try" list but not sure it's worth shelling out on a box of them if they're not as good as the AD333's but I've not found anywhere that sells them in sleeves.

SWING DNA
Speed [77] Tempo [5] ToeDown [5] KickAngle [6] Release [5] Mizuno JPX EZ 10.5° - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye (with Harrison ShotMaker) Mizuno JPX EZ 3W/3H - Fujikura Orochi Black Eye Mizuno JPX 850 Forged 4i-PW - True Temper XP 115 S300 Mizuno MP R-12 50.06/54.09/58.10 - Dynamic Gold Wedge Flex Mizuno MP A305 [:-P]

Note: This thread is 4709 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!