IGNORED

What do you think of this billboard? Offensive or clever?

shades9323
Note: This thread is 4801 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

1. 1. What do you think?

• Offensive
    • Clever

Originally Posted by shades9323

So you don't find it funny.  Do you find it offensive?

I found it neither, personally, but I never miss a chance to vote in polls, especially when there are only two options that are black and white with no middle ground or compromise.

I realized it's just a pub trying to be edgy, for edgy's sake, so it doesn't work for me, but I'm not especially offended by it, because I've been lucky enough not to have a close friend or relative involved with a cult. Now if you were posting this for the benefit of the avid S&T; guys, that would be funny.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

They are probably poor poll options.  That is how they were framed in our local news so I just used that.

The question should have been, "do you find this billboard offensive?"  With the answers being yes or no.

Not offensive, not funny.  Far too clichéd.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

If the expression itself isn't offensive, the billboard shouldn't be. I think it's kind of amusing.

"Golf is an entire game built around making something that is naturally easy - putting a ball into a hole - as difficult as possible." - Scott Adams

Mid-priced ball reviews: Top Flight Gamer v2 | Bridgestone e5 ('10) | Titleist NXT Tour ('10) | Taylormade Burner TP LDP | Taylormade TP Black | Taylormade Burner Tour | Srixon Q-Star ('12)

I don't find it funny at all.  I think its retarded.  I also do not find it offensive.  If you find it offensive, then you are probably the kind of person that ought to be thrown into the sea chained to an anchor.

- DN
Sun Mountain C-130 Bag - Titanium
Ping G10 Irons PW-5
Ping G10 Driver
Ping G10 21 and 24 HybridsPing G15 17 HybridScotty Newport 2 Button BackTitleist Vokey Spin Milled 52 (8), 56 (14), and 60 (4)Titleist ProV1Backspin Buddy Groove Sharpener (yes, it works great)Adidas 360 Ltd.

I suppose that basing an advertisement on what was essentially mass murder is not really that funny. Remember that a lot of the people who "drank the Kool Aid" were actually infants. Also, we can feel that the victims who exercised free will were gullible and ignorant, but Jim Jones would have murdered them all anyway if he had had to - had they not agreed to suicide. Not really that funny. OTOH - it happened a long time ago, so although the taste is marginal, I'm not going to have a cow over it.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Originally Posted by sean_miller

I found it neither, personally, but I never miss a chance to vote in polls, especially when there are only two options that are black and white with no middle ground or compromise.

I realized it's just a pub trying to be edgy, for edgy's sake, so it doesn't work for me, but I'm not especially offended by it, because I've been lucky enough not to have a close friend or relative involved with a cult. Now if you were posting this for the benefit of the avid S&T; guys, that would be funny.

Sean, do they even serve kool-aid at S&T; clinics?  OH YEAH!

I tend to think that this chain got the publicity they were desiring. Even with pulling the ad down, they got more out of it if than if they had used a more traditional style of advertising.  I guess if there wasn't any uproar then what would the next ad be like for someone trying to take advantage of similar clever advertising?  That could be a new thread.  I am not personally offended by this but I would be if they chose to pick a more tragic event that hit closer to home for me.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

I vote funny, but I think alot of f'd up stuff is funny. Personally I think the world would be a lot better off if we all weren't so damn uptight.

"The shortest distance between two points is a straight line...in the opposite direction." Ty Webb, Golf Philosopher

Note: This thread is 4801 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!