IGNORED

Please Tell Me This Guy is in a SMALL Minority (Rickie Fowler GolfWorld Cover)

iacas
Note: This thread is 4781 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by playfromthetips11

Just an FYI, it isnt a rapper hat.  Fowler is a motocross guy, they all wear their hats like that.

I agree that Fowler gets it from the motorcross/skater crowd.  But the issue with this John L. Grant guy is that he - and a lot of others - PERCEIVES the straight brim hat to be a "rapper hat."  So it's not totally unreasonable to read some undertones into the comments. Heck, on the 1st 2 pages of this thread there were a couple references to "rapper hat."

Originally Posted by topspin4hand

I agree that Fowler gets it from the motorcross/skater crowd.  But the issue with this John L. Grant guy is that he - and a lot of others - PERCEIVES the straight brim hat to be a "rapper hat."  So it's not totally unreasonable to read some undertones into the comments. Heck, on the 1st 2 pages of this thread there were a couple references to "rapper hat."

Yeah, it just looks exactly the same as hats rappers wear. They also wear other hats, but not too many wearing visors or those little doilies with a brim like DLIII wears.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

The guy writing the article is just a tool.  Have you been to a college baseball game lately.  The straight brim is everywhere.  I dont particularly like it, but I bend mine sharp and have a fish hook on it.  What does that mean?  People are going to have to find something to hate, this dude just picked Ricky Fowler.  I follow his twitter, seems like a good dude.  There are much worse role models on the course, that is for sure.

In the bag:

Driver:      titleist.gif 905S 9.5*
3 Wood:   callaway.gif FTi
Hybrid:     nike.gif 2Irons:       titleist.gif 710 CB 3-PWWedges:  titleist.gif Vokey 52* - 56*Putter:      ping.gif Gi5

wow, first time I looked at this thread. spent some time going through and it does seem to be an old timer who has a lot of respect for the old ways for golf. I love the colors of golf now. a lot of fun characters play golf and it makes things more enjoyable to watch.

golf is a lot like life. the more you enjoy it, the better off you are. a3_biggrin.gif

Relax Mr. Russell, You just have a closed mind and no sense of style.  What do you think of sansa belt slacks from the 70's. I think Fowler looks great all the time.  I even think dress codes at courses are part of the reason the game isn't growing.  Yea more people watch the game, mainly because of Woods (ie Mr. I have everything and choose to screw it all up) but not many more are playing the game

Originally Posted by nleary9201

Relax Mr. Russell, You just have a closed mind and no sense of style.  What do you think of sansa belt slacks from the 70's. I think Fowler looks great all the time.  I even think dress codes at courses are part of the reason the game isn't growing.  Yea more people watch the game, mainly because of Woods (ie Mr. I have everything and choose to screw it all up) but not many more are playing the game

good point about the dress code. but golf is about integrity. I like that on the men's tour, they require slacks. but I also like that they allow shorts and skirts for women's golf. I just think it would be weird to see shorts on the men's tour.

I do admit, I watch every tourney woods enters cause I have been a fan since he started playing pro.

golf is a lot like life. the more you enjoy it, the better off you are. a3_biggrin.gif

I think John needs to relax a little.......I like RF, and as someone said..... he has game and can back it up!

Driver: Callaway RAZR Fit 9.5* , Aldila RIP’d stiff shaft (60g).

Ping G10 15* Hybrid
Callaway Heavan Wood 19* Hybrid
Putter: T-Line XXIV Tommy Armour

Ping i/3 Irons green dot
Cleveland 60* Lob wedge, Ping 56* Sand wedge, Nike SV Tour Black Satin 52* wedge, Ping 48* wedge.

Ball: TaylorMade

Mr. Grant is a closed minded idiot. Rickie as some have said is a breath of fresh air. He is a really good kid to boot. I am 51 years old and the colors, hat and hair do not bother me in the least. I am sure Rickie will mature over time and change his decor. Hell he got a haircut from last year. Love his swing. Wish I could imitate.

I am 56 years old, and used to be a member of a private club with a strict dress code. I played with well dressed, club throwing cheaters with a sense of entitlement. I would much rather play with guys in jeans and t shirts that respected the game and their fellow players. Rickie Fowler seems like a nice kid that plays the game right. People need to look past what a guy looks like, and judge them on what kind of person they are.

• Upvote 2

Originally Posted by caniac6

I am 56 years old, and used to be a member of a private club with a strict dress code. I played with well dressed, club throwing cheaters with a sense of entitlement. I would much rather play with guys in jeans and t shirts that respected the game and their fellow players. Rickie Fowler seems like a nice kid that plays the game right. People need to look past what a guy looks like, and judge them on what kind of person they are.

this is an excellent post.

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Anyone else surprised that there wasn't at least one comment in this guys rant that began with "Back in my day..."?

Clearly has his own, probably very sad and pathetic, issues to be calling someone he's never met disgusting.

In my Grom XX:
cleveland.gif Launcher 12.0* Fujikura Saishin 65 S and 15* Fujikura Fit-On Gold R // ping.gif G10 Irons, AWT Steel S, Fitted Purple Dot// cleveland.gifCG14 Chrome 56*, 14 // odyssey.gif Crimson Series 550 Mallet, 34" // srixon.gifZ-Star

Note: This thread is 4781 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!