IGNORED

I'm Done Teaching Stack and Tilt (Never Taught it Anyway)

iacas
Note: This thread is 4798 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I for one am glad that S&T; has reached its conclusion.  I no longer have to explain to my fellow Golfers why I bring beer cans to the driving range with me, or why I visualise a cone before hitting the ball.  And the ground-staff will be happy that I'm no longer painting white lines on the range either.

I can finally go back to hitting draws with over-spin to get more distance.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Originally Posted by TourSpoon

I think you should call your new method the Sand Trap method...we could call it...uh-oh...it would still be S -T...this is what the conspiracy theory nut jobs have warned about...the prophecy is true...I have just uncovered the biggest secret of all...THE IACAS CODE (play movie trailer in 3, 2, 1).

Originally Posted by iacas

Shhhh. And ignore those black, silent helicopters and the men on the ropes. Their guns aren't real. They're just expensive bug exterminators. :-)

All shall be revealed in the year 2012...no one will be laughing at the Mayans then.  This will signify the coming of the golf apocalypse and all truth shall be spoken by a great Hawk that will speak in the voice of Hogan.

Cobra LTDx 10.5* | Big Tour 15.5*| Rad Tour 18.5*  | Titleist U500 4-23* | T100 5-P | Vokey SM7 50/8* F, 54/10* S, SM8 58/10* S | Scotty Cameron Squareback No. 1 | Vice Pro Plus  

My god man-do you change your fav sports team with a change in wind direction? I would suggest you start peeing standing up and to hell with this Aaron Badds result. Your playing with my head man!!!

BO THE GOLFER

In my Top Flite stand bag:

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

• Administrator

Originally Posted by Bo the Golfer

My god man-do you change your fav sports team with a change in wind direction? I would suggest you start peeing standing up and to hell with this Aaron Badds result. Your playing with my head man!!!

Yes. I also for got to mention that I now love the Great Ape, Alex Ovechkin. I particularly like how well he plays in his defensive zone. I also like the Atlanta Braves, and in particular Sid Bream and Thank God for Stan Belinda. The Steelers? Screw 'em. Like, how many Super Bowls have they even won anyway?

(You do get that this thread is all a gag, yes?)

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

This thread needs an illustration to go with the new swing philosophy...

golf_swing_thoughts.jpg

Driver: Ping K15 10°, Mitsubishi Diamana Blueboard 63g Stiff
Fairway 4-wood: TaylorMade RocketBallz Tour TP 17.5°, Matrix Ozik TP7HD S shaft

Hybrids: Callaway Diablo Edge 3H-4H, Aldila DVS Stiff
Irons: MIURA PP-9003, Dynamic Gold Superlite S300, Sand Wedge: Scratch 8620 56°
Putter: Nike Method Concept Belly 44"
Ball: Bridgestone Tour B330-S

I do my friend (I am the original wise ass and could teach you a thing or two young wipper snapper). You'll give up teaching S&T; the same day I bed Jennifer Aniston (please quit soon!)

Yes. I also for got to mention that I now love the Great Ape, Alex Ovechkin. I particularly like how well he plays in his defensive zone. I also like the Atlanta Braves, and in particular Sid Bream and Thank God for Stan Belinda. The Steelers? Screw 'em. Like, how many Super Bowls have they even won anyway?

(You do get that this thread is all a gag, yes?)

BO THE GOLFER

Driver-Ping G400+ 10.5 degrees regular flex Hybrids-Ping I25 17 & 20 degrees stiff flex Irons-Ping I3 O-size 4 through lob wedge regular flex Putter-Nike Oz 6

• Administrator

Originally Posted by Bo the Golfer

I do my friend (I am the original wise ass and could teach you a thing or two young wipper snapper). You'll give up teaching S&T; the same day I bed Jennifer Aniston (please quit soon!)

No problem. Give me your address and I'll send her your way next. I think Kate Beckinsale wants her to spend some more time with us though... might be awhile. :)

Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

No problem. Give me your address and I'll send her your way next. I think Kate Beckinsale wants her to spend some more time with us though... might be awhile. :)

LOL...Take your time!

BO THE GOLFER

Finally, some clarity on this thread.

To be clear, is this Stack & Tilt?

Originally Posted by JerseyThursday

This thread needs an illustration to go with the new swing philosophy...

Titleist 910D2 10.5* Stiff / Taylormade 3 Wood - Superfast 2.0 15*  3 Superfast 2.0 Rescue 18* Stiff Shafts

Look everyone this is S&T.; Listen carefully or you might miss something!

5 Simple Keys® Associate

"Golf is not a game of great shots. It's a game of the most accurate misses.

The people who win make the smallest mistakes." - Gene Littler

Originally Posted by Old1964

Finally, some clarity on this thread.

To be clear, is this Stack & Tilt?

Pffft. Of course not. I don't see "reverse pivot" written anywhere on there.

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

My bad.

Once again the elusive nature of the S&T; method escapes me.

It is just too complicated for me to understand. Guess I'll just stick to the picture and listen to Gary McCord.

Originally Posted by jamo

Pffft. Of course not. I don't see "reverse pivot" written anywhere on there.

Titleist 910D2 10.5* Stiff / Taylormade 3 Wood - Superfast 2.0 15*  3 Superfast 2.0 Rescue 18* Stiff Shafts

Originally Posted by Gordon McTavish

I for one am glad that S&T; has reached its conclusion.  I no longer have to explain to my fellow Golfers why I bring beer cans to the driving range with me

Beer cans? Apparently I've been missing the most important part!

Sounds like this thread has turned into "I'm done learning the S&T; swing!". I don't subscribe to that viewpoint. I say bring on the circle and cone!

:tmade: SLDRs 14* driver, 17* fairway, 19* and 22* hybrids | :odyssey: Versa White #1 putter

:nike: XR Pro 24*, 27*, 31*, 35.5*, 40*, 45*, 50* irons | :vokey: SM4 54*, 58* wedges

• Administrator

Originally Posted by Steve K

Sounds like this thread has turned into "I'm done learning the S&T; swing!". I don't subscribe to that viewpoint. I say bring on the circle and cone!

I think most of the responses here are... tongue in cheek.

Aaron Baddeley is better that Hogan, now.

I think most of the responses here are... tongue in cheek.

I freaking HOPE so. Without sarcasm tags is often hard to tell.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

• Administrator

Originally Posted by Jay-Bird

Aaron Baddeley is better that Hogan, now.

And Tiger. And Jack. What have they done in the past week besides not win?

Two more big blows to S&T;:

1. In a Golf Magazine interview, Sean Foley gives no credit to Mike and Andy (i.e. that he ripped them off).
  2. Charlie Wi missed the cut by 2 strokes at the Honda Classic.

:tmade: SLDRs 14* driver, 17* fairway, 19* and 22* hybrids | :odyssey: Versa White #1 putter

:nike: XR Pro 24*, 27*, 31*, 35.5*, 40*, 45*, 50* irons | :vokey: SM4 54*, 58* wedges

Note: This thread is 4798 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!